Ending the MFP Cliques

Options

Replies

• NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    ANYWAY the plural of jedi is jedi, not jedi's and it was driving me crazy. You never put an 's' on jedi.
    GEEK CHECK!
    So is it penises. penisis, penis's. or peni?

or penii ??

you brought up an interesting point. Thigh gap. Good or bad?

How is that relevent to the proper spelling of multiple penisis?

Use it in a sentence. llike. Two_____can fit in the thigh gap.

This site is very educational.

Maybe I want to name my clan "The Penii" But if we spell it wrong on our banner, we will not get taken seriously.

I wil never react the same again when someone at Walmart asks for a box of Penne
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    LoveEveryoneInThisBar.gif&sa=X&ei=eq-3UJHGLKfXyAH6_ICwDg&ved=0CAwQ8wc4_QI&usg=AFQjCNHpm7pCXOroVpQKft71538ipk53Zw
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Make a few good friends & stick with them. For me it is about having a support group & it doesn't have to be a large one. I generally ask questions of my friends or out of a group I have joined. You get more serious answers and lots less of the jokes. If I find I have befriended someone that has different goals or values I delete them & let it go. I have my mission and I am not going to be best buddies on here just as in the real world. JMO
  • rayne133
    rayne133 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are cliquey on here. I can't even delete someone without their friends complaining and wanting to know why or wanting to delete me as retribution. If you disagree with somone in the forums, all their friends join in so they can win with numbers instead of substance. People watch who you add, delete, and speak to and then try to control it.

I can honestly say that I don't pay attention to who my friends add and delete. Who I keep on my FL is entirely up to me and I would never tell one of my friends that they had to choose me over another user.

That being said, I was attacked this morning via PM by another user because she didn't like something I wrote on a mutual friend's profile. The mutual friend decided to delete the other user from her FL. This kind of stuff happens every damn day. I would have never asked or expected her to delete the other user. It's an individual's choice as to how they maintain their FL. If they let their friends TELL them who to add and delete then that's up to them.

Um, if you were attacked via PM (Private Message) then how did the "mutual" friend even know about the event unless you discussed it with them? You may not have told that person directly to make a choice, but you certainly INFLUENCED a choice. The PM'er chose to take an issue up directly with you, you chose to involve the mutual friend instead of continuing to handle the situation directly. Kettles are black :P
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    LoveEveryoneInThisBar.gif&sa=X&ei=eq-3UJHGLKfXyAH6_ICwDg&ved=0CAwQ8wc4_QI&usg=AFQjCNHpm7pCXOroVpQKft71538ipk53Zw

Looks like my boys on friday nights
  • rayne133
    rayne133 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    BACON

You forgot to bring eggs. Fail.

FASLE! Bacon can stand alone!!!

I'm with BACON....does that pigeon hole me into a "clique"
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    No aspirations...
    I haven't really noticed. Then again, while I have met awesome people on here and am glad for that, my goal of being an MFP member is to get fit and lose weight. Not to become the MFP forum queen.

Whatever will I do. :cry:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    A lot of people are cliquey on here. I can't even delete someone without their friends complaining and wanting to know why or wanting to delete me as retribution. If you disagree with somone in the forums, all their friends join in so they can win with numbers instead of substance. People watch who you add, delete, and speak to and then try to control it.

I can honestly say that I don't pay attention to who my friends add and delete. Who I keep on my FL is entirely up to me and I would never tell one of my friends that they had to choose me over another user.

That being said, I was attacked this morning via PM by another user because she didn't like something I wrote on a mutual friend's profile. The mutual friend decided to delete the other user from her FL. This kind of stuff happens every damn day. I would have never asked or expected her to delete the other user. It's an individual's choice as to how they maintain their FL. If they let their friends TELL them who to add and delete then that's up to them.

Um, if you were attacked via PM (Private Message) then how did the "mutual" friend even know about the event unless you discussed it with them? You may not have told that person directly to make a choice, but you certainly INFLUENCED a choice. The PM'er chose to take an issue up directly with you, you chose to involve the mutual friend instead of continuing to handle the situation directly. Kettles are black :P

I don't appreciate your sexual advances.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    You said "retribution" which reminded me of Sons of Anarchy which made me just miss two thirds of the beginning of this conference call because I was fantasizing about me and surly, grouchy, massively jacked Opie.

Thanks OP. Thanks a lot.

I miss Opie. He can visit my thigh gap any day.

That episode almost ruined the show for me.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed any cliqueishness at all. Maybe it's just you.

You do you. Everything else will take care of itself.

I see it all over the forums and user pages.

I only bring it up because it chases of newbies and even serious members because they get sick of the childishness.

Awww did someones feelings get hurt by the big bad interweb. Honestly everyone should remove the sand out of their V*****'s and get over it..

No feelings were hurt and you'd know that if you comprehended the English language. My entire point was that people get tired of it. Being sad about something is different than being tired of dealing with something. Two very different things.

Actually it's not. If your tired enough to complain about it then it must be affecting your lifestyle... People's opinions do not change and your not gonna do anything about the way people interact with each other by complaining.

Flame on people lol

It is "you're," not "your."

Ommmm...you just violated a MFP Guideline.

As did you.

Really? I must have missed that one.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I am a one-woman clique

tumblr_lxclgdV7nv1qk3b7e.gif
    Topanga! :love:

That show is coming back! Girl Meets World.
  • toottoots
    toottoots Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Never noticed - Everyones always been nice to me...

until now... *looks around*
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    I am a one-woman clique

How did I miss this?! Mmmmm... adult Topanga. :love:
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Pitchforks and torches. Like the good old days.

:laugh:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    ANYWAY the plural of jedi is jedi, not jedi's and it was driving me crazy. You never put an 's' on jedi.
    GEEK CHECK!
    So is it penises. penisis, penis's. or peni?

it's penne.....

penne....true story.

Like pasta? Hmm.... suddenly I'm very hungry.

yes...with alfredo sauce....

i rock that penne
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am a one-woman clique

Are you serious??!! I used to love that show when I was little. I wanted to have her hair so bad.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    I am a one-woman clique

Wait... Cory was a guy??? That show makes more sense now, but is less interesting as well.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    I am a one-woman clique

Wait... Cory was a guy??? That show makes more sense now, but is less interesting as well.
    Did you know that it was Daniel Stern, the guy from "Home Alone", narrating the episodes? Crazy, huh?
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I am a one-woman clique

I totally remember that episode!!! I can't WAIT for the new one :)
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    I haven't noticed this at all. Probably because I just don't care enough.