Where to find Girlfriend

Options

Replies

• YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Last time a guy came to me and said I was breathtaking beautiful. And asked I cared to talk to him.

Just be nice and respectful and tll her you're interested.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Maybe try the no *kitten* thing. Some guys swear by it. I used to know a guy that said you never *kitten* when in between women. That statement always confused me.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    In college i was convinced that if u randomly walked up and asked 100 girls if they wanted to go have sex that the law of averages say that atleast 1 would say yes....so u cud try that...i have yet to try this
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi there, good luck I had a guy leaving notes on my car last week for me to call him I thought it was to complain about where Id parked, anyway I rang once no answer, so hung up and when I went back to my phone lots of messages asking if I was single, would i like to go for coffee, etc anyway please dont do that because that was ceepy, I have no idea who this guy is so now park somewhere else.

Getting back to your problem i think just enjoy your life and hobbies and dont worry about it and then when your not look bingo there she is xx
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I reccomend this dating site called MFP.
  • keithmustloseweight
    Options
    Get a dog. Everybody wants to stop and chat with you when you have a dog, and they immediately like you for some reason too. Plus, even if you don't end up with a girlfriend, at least you'll have a dog.

If you don't want the long-term commitment of getting a dog, try walking around with a tray of mangoes. I picked one up at the local market and had to continue with errands, and everyone on the street was mirin them and quite a few people started talking to me because of them. I have no idea why. Try and see if it works for you.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    This whole thing of going out and finding a significant other is a bit strange to me. I always just live my life and if I come across someone cool to date, then great. Maybe I'm just more comfortable on my own than most people.

I'm a lot like you.

Everyone is after me to find someone, get engaged and married.. and I'm busy yelling No.

I don't need someone to do things with.. I'm perfectly capable of doing that on my own.

OP:
    Like someone else said, meetup.com

Since they have groups that you can join based on interests, you are more likely to find someone who you click with.

I've had quite a few guys contact me to go on dates after meeting them at meetups... and nothing has turned into long term, but at least you'll get out there.
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It is just as hard for females finding guys... talk to people- go out and do things, even if it doing it alone.... singles sites are ok, but I agree with a prior poster- take classes in things you like.

RE: diodelcibo and ILoveTheBrown - LOL!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Meetup.com is a horrible idea, unless you enjoy getting email every 3 minutes 24 hours every single day, sometimes more. Some people don't mind, but I had to block them.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    and here I am a girl wanting to figure out where to go to meet men..ugh. where do single men hang out that want a gf
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My bad, woman not women. Most of my buddies are having kids, getting married, and all that jazz. Oh well I'll be the 55 year old with a 6 year old.

Do women find it strange for instance if you see them in the grocery store and just tell them your name and that you find them attractive?

I'm in the same boat and aside from a 2 month "relationship", I've been single for 5 years. 5 YEARS!!! Just can't find someone I'm really compatible with. But DEFINITELY say hi at the grocery store! I always hear guys saying the grocery store is the best place to pick up girls, but no one ever approaches me and I shop by myself LOL :cry: Or, move to PA :flowerforyou:
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Damn! I was gonna say I am looking for a toyboy...but you live miles and miles away... ; )
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Meetup.com is a horrible idea, unless you enjoy getting email every 3 minutes 24 hours every single day, sometimes more. Some people don't mind, but I had to block them.

To each their own.

I havent had that happen.. and as far as emails from meetup it's self about groups, those you can control.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    go to a university town...lots of girls, but most are not girlfriend material haha
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Maybe a young adult group through your church if you go. Great ones in my area that go hiking, biking, dancing, among other stuff. Good luck!
  • lydiatina
    Options
    My bad, woman not women. Most of my buddies are having kids, getting married, and all that jazz. Oh well I'll be the 55 year old with a 6 year old.

Do women find it strange for instance if you see them in the grocery store and just tell them your name and that you find them attractive?

well Iv had guys look at me in the grocery store and its never gone past smiling or saying hi! personally id be hugely flattered if one of them actually approached and told me they found me attractive.go for it,your a good looking guy its got to be worth a try.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Get a dog. Everybody wants to stop and chat with you when you have a dog, and they immediately like you for some reason too. Plus, even if you don't end up with a girlfriend, at least you'll have a dog.

If you don't want the long-term commitment of getting a dog, try walking around with a tray of mangoes. I picked one up at the local market and had to continue with errands, and everyone on the street was mirin them and quite a few people started talking to me because of them. I have no idea why. Try and see if it works for you.

What? Haha. I love mangoes. Very sexy fruit.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options

I'm in the same boat and aside from a 2 month "relationship", I've been single for 5 years. 5 YEARS!!! Just can't find someone I'm really compatible with. But DEFINITELY say hi at the grocery store! I always hear guys saying the grocery store is the best place to pick up girls, but no one ever approaches me and I shop by myself LOL :cry: Or, move to PA :flowerforyou:

I think you both have the same issue. This is true of all single people I know that actually want a relationship. You're too picky. Standards are one thing, but being so bent on finding someone with a laundry list of desirable traits really shuts you off to appreciating a whole range of people you might actually be really compatible with.
  • whitcla
    whitcla Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll have you! :)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

^^ YES!! hahah