Where to find Girlfriend

Options

Replies

• samlankford
    Options
    I actually met my boyfriend through his father whom I work with... who knew that there are ACTUALLY 30 somthing year old guys that don't LIKE going out drinking and clubbing every night!!!!
  • NightWindEclipse
    Options
    You'll find someone, I'm sure. Just need to meet the right girl! :wink:
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Met my husband through friends, who fixed us up.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    post a thread about being woefully single and wait for a MFPer to inbox you...
  • NGT351
    NGT351 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "...at least you'll have a dog" That's pretty damn funny!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    One time there was this older guy standing next to me while I was in the meat department. I pick out what I am buying and continue shopping. The guy seeks me out all the way out of sight in another aisle and comes up to me with a package of chicken breasts and asks me if I think the meat looks okay. I'm thinking, seriously dude? You get to be 55+ years old and you can't tell if the meat looks good? I go home and tell my boyfriend and he says the guy liked the looks of my breasts and was trying to send me a message. Don't do that. It's creepy.

Now, in all the years I was single, nobody ever approached me in a grocery store, or the laundromat or the library or anyplace like that. Personally, I think it is better if you look for someone with similar interests. Otherwise you could just waste a lot of time approaching women you like the looks of, having to determine if you have anything in common.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I want to know where to find a boyfriend. If only it was that easy. *sighs*

I will keep waiting. He'll show up one day. So op hold out. You will find her.

what happens if you lack patiences... cause quite frankly he's taking WAY TO LONG to get to me !
  • no_stagnation
    Options
    Here you go people, the best place to go to meet some hotties...

Www.meet-an-inmate.com
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Meetup.com is a horrible idea, unless you enjoy getting email every 3 minutes 24 hours every single day, sometimes more. Some people don't mind, but I had to block them.

To each their own.

I havent had that happen.. and as far as emails from meetup it's self about groups, those you can control.

Maybe it's my area where there are literally 1000 tennis groups and 1000 hiking groups, etc, so I signed into one group for tennis and one group for hiking, but all the other groups that I DID NOT sign up for spammed the *kitten* out of me to join their groups. It was insane.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I want a woman with tattoos, brown hair and brown eyes. A bubble butt, small waist and nice breasts. One that won't ask much of me, will not really care if we chill all weekend, that is independant, has a great job, good money, and really doesn't need me, that never wants to marry or move in together, we always keep our separate places, and that is ok with me having kids. It's fine if she has kids. In other words, two people that love each others company, but maintain identities outside the relationship. and, it can be an open relationship too. That's ok.

Any takers?

Didn't think so. I'll probably just die alone. Oh well. Not going to change at this point.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Get a dog. Everybody wants to stop and chat with you when you have a dog, and they immediately like you for some reason too. Plus, even if you don't end up with a girlfriend, at least you'll have a dog.

Haha! Yeah that works. Took the words right out of my mouth. Problem is now though that my dog is more loyal and better company than most of the girls I meet.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I want a woman with tattoos, brown hair and brown eyes. A bubble butt, small waist and nice breasts. One that won't ask much of me, will not really care if we chill all weekend, that is independant, has a great job, good money, and really doesn't need me, that never wants to marry or move in together, we always keep our separate places, and that is ok with me having kids. It's fine if she has kids. In other words, two people that love each others company, but maintain identities outside the relationship. and, it can be an open relationship too. That's ok.

Any takers?

Didn't think so. I'll probably just die alone. Oh well. Not going to change at this point.

That's not me, but you'd be surprised. Plenty of amazing, self-actualized, independent women NEVER want to live with a man again and do not want babies to mess up their lives (meaning don't want to make more, if they have them already). Look to the 35+ age bracket. & I haven't used it for dating (though I went nutty with their quizzes, one bored night, lol), but as far as online dating's concerned, *your* best bet I think would be OKCupid.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

I've been single for 2+ years :) And it's been pretty good :)

I'm coming up to 2 years flying solo and I have to say I like it too :) although it does have its moments
  • Libby81
    Options

Any takers?

I have tatts, but red hair and blue eyes. Will soon have an awesome job and career and will only need a man when I feel like a hug
  • Hogfan22
    Options
    Been single for 1 and 1/2 years and it's starting to suck :(
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Been single for 1 and 1/2 years and it's starting to suck :(

same here, definitely agree!
  • anemoneprose
    Options

I'm coming up to 2 years flying solo and I have to say I like it too :) although it does have its moments

I flipping love being single. Sooooooooo much easier.
  • Libby81
    Options

Isn't it just !!
  • anemoneprose
    Options

Isn't it just !!

Holy **** yes. No bull****, no compromises - I can listen to/watch/eat/do/see what and who I want *in a perfect state of calm*. Only as much cleaning up as I want to bother with (and just my own mess). No arguments. (Holy ****. I remember travelling on my own again just after the breakup. A total revelation. Who's got the tickets? I do. Who's freaking out because they didn't plan well and taking it out on me? No one. Who's boarding with time to get a coffee and a paper? Me.) No frustration/not being understood/jealousy/suspicion, and if I'm bored, it's my own damn fault. Love. It.
  • Libby81
    Options

Isn't it just !!

Holy **** yes. No bull****, no compromises - I can listen to/watch/eat/do/see what and who I want *in a perfect state of calm*. Only as much cleaning up as I want to bother with (and just my own mess). No arguments. (Holy ****. I remember travelling on my own again just after the breakup. A total revelation. Who's got the tickets? I do. Who's freaking out because they didn't plan well and taking it out on me? No one. Who's boarding with time to get a coffee and a paper? Me.) No frustration/not being understood/jealousy/suspicion, and if I'm bored, it's my own damn fault. Love. It.

Its the way forward. I love not having to answer to anyone and most of all not having to bail a dimwit out of debt every month because he spent his money. I can wear what I want, tattoo/pierce where I want and not give a rats *kitten* who cares :drinker: