Should I keep dating this guy? (Cheap)

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Anyone notice the OP dipped out after starting the thread?

There's really no point in getting into heated arguments about this.

Some people feel that men *should* pay (both male and female).
    Some people don't (both male and female).

Go forth and date the type of person you'd like to date, per your own personal beliefs and opinions.

Mucho respect for this
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yes you should get rid, but then again he should get rid of you for not offering to go round to his house and do the ****ing ironing.

Jesus grow up.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    What were you women fighting for? Equal rights of what?

Women and men work, and make equal money, equal job opportunities, equal educational opportunities. A wife brings the same amount of money as her husband, often even more (but not too much, it can hurt his feelings).

But men are stronger physically. They don't have babies, don't go through this trauma for a body to carry, deliver a baby and get back to normal. And in 6 weeks run back to work otherwise loosing a job.
    And still traditionally women cook and lean up the house, and do the groceries mostly. Men do it too but it's mostly women's job.

And you say equal rights? Where's that equal? That seems pretty unequal to me!
    So people you just started going out with should pay for everything because you are capable of having a child and may or may not have one to them in the future and stay home and do house duties?
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    CATFIIIIIGHT!!
  • taunto
    Options

Women and men work, and make equal money, equal job opportunities, equal educational opportunities. A wife brings the same amount of money as her husband, often even more (but not too much, it can hurt his feelings).

But men are stronger physically. They don't have babies, don't go through this trauma for a body to carry, deliver a baby and get back to normal. And in 6 weeks run back to work otherwise loosing a job.
    And still traditionally women cook and lean up the house, and do the groceries mostly. Men do it too but it's mostly women's job.

WTF did I just read...?
  • souzouchan
    Options
    It depends on the situation too, if it was me I would at least offer to split or cover my own thing. The guy I'm dating doesn't make as much so it would be ludicrous to expect that he pays all of the time. Mutual respect is best, I mean the first date or two if he pays then cool. But you should discuss what you expect of him and if he's from the school of mutual responsibility for paying eventually, and you're from the school of that the man should pick up the bill, then it's where you need to sit down and make that decision on your own.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

WTF did I just read...?

she/he really does have a hard time putting a coherent thought together.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

WTF did I just read...?

What is wrong? You can't understand such a fine product of an "ivy league" education?

:laugh:
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options

WTF did I just read...?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

WTF did I just read...?

What is wrong? You can't understand such a fine product of an "ivy league" education?

:laugh:

lol they probably didnt get enough hugs as a child too.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Umad?
  • taunto
    Options

Umad?

Nah she just wants a raise and free meals because she has a uterus!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    This could be said to you as well! As someone who considers themselves as rather successful as well, and who has never had an issue finding dates or men happy to pay for my meals, I still think it's ridiculous to expect it of them (or to allow them!) to pay every time. If you were so against those equal rights you wouldn't be an ivy league graduate or an executive at your company because you'd be home full time, uneducated, cooking, cleaning and doing whatever your man told you to do because you didn't have the same rights he does.

Well said.

Again. You're talking about equal political and civil rights.
    That's completely different. You guys keep confusing it :)
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A gentleman always pays.

THIS!!!!

no. a gentleman should always offer to pay.

so should a woman.

I whole-heartedly agree with this. I've gone out with the entire array of guys: Guys that insist I pay, guys who split the bill with me, and guys that absolutely refuse to let me put in a dime. Of course, as a young lady, I am always in favor of the last one, but come on now... If you're enjoying each other's company, who really needs to worry about who pays what, as long as it's fair? There are way better things to focus on.
  • MiCool90
    Options

The point is that if it wasn't for a black woman doing a small gesture by sitting in front of the bus that started a huge movement...

or

A woman breaking the stereotype and paying for a meal and empowering a gender...

...the world would be a very stagnant place.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This thread is horsesh!t. Earn your own money, pay for yourself. Ps If you're confused at all: YOU are the cheap one, considering not dating someone because they didn't buy you popcorn, Christ! *smdh*
  • MiCool90
    Options
    This could be said to you as well! As someone who considers themselves as rather successful as well, and who has never had an issue finding dates or men happy to pay for my meals, I still think it's ridiculous to expect it of them (or to allow them!) to pay every time. If you were so against those equal rights you wouldn't be an ivy league graduate or an executive at your company because you'd be home full time, uneducated, cooking, cleaning and doing whatever your man told you to do because you didn't have the same rights he does.

Well said.

Again. You're talking about equal political and civil rights.
    That's completely different. You guys keep confusing it :)

Will you acknowledge the fact I gave earlier?

"In the United States, during the advent of second wave feminism, 1960s and 1970s, the Women's Movement encouraged women to pay their own way or to pay for men's meals."

Thus, your view is invalid. It is a gender and political statement.
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Umad?

LOL.

Also: Here in Canada you get a year (not 6 weeks) of parental leave, and the mother OR father can take it, or you can split it up however you would like between the two of you.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    The really funny thing about all of this is that the girls who think the men should pay for everything 100% of the time to enjoy their company are probably the ones least worth paying for to spend time with.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options

WTF did I just read...?

You read that men have LESS responsibilities and LESS duties now when comparing to the work women do every day.

As my German friend said the result of this feminism is men losing their balls and becoming passive. Women trying to get equal rights have reached an opposite result.
This discussion has been closed.