Should I keep dating this guy? (Cheap)

Options
He is 29 and we seem to get along great.

Date 1: We had 2 drinks he payed.

Date 2: Watched movie (he payed), DIDN'T ask me if I wanted popcorn. After movie went to restaurant, I had like a 7 dollar plate, bill came and it was split. I asked if he wanted me to pay he said yes since he paid for movie.

Since this is date 2, is it too soon for him to start wanting me to pay or am I over reacting?

Replies

• ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    A gentleman always pays.
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that it's totally ridiculous to expect a guy to pay for everything. If we as women want equal treatment in society, then we also need to let go of the chivalry we expect of men otherwise it's a bit hypocritical.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    If my man has the money, he pays. Always. (We've been together over a year.) Find a more decent guy.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    It just depends on what you want. If you want a guy who pays for everything, find someone else.
    I prefer to pay for my own stuff, honestly.
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    I don't think its fair for the guy to have to pay for every date. Why shouldn't you have to help pay (if split) or even pay for the next date?
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I always try and pay and a good amount of girls don't like too much chivalry anymore. I think it's all just situation. It's only the 2nd date, give it some more time. Also weigh other things into consideration (do you actually like him?), instead of focusing so much on money...
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    A gentleman always pays.

THIS!!!!
  • samlankford
    Options
    I get pissed if my boyfriend does not let me pay every now and then... we usually rotate, he pays one I pay one...
  • jimandpam87
    jimandpam87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't think its a big deal, especially since he paid for the first date (and the movie on the 2nd). I personally think it should be 50-50, so it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. It's all personal choice though.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    A gentleman always pays.

THIS!!!!

no. a gentleman should always offer to pay.

so should a woman.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that it's totally ridiculous to expect a guy to pay for everything. If we as women want equal treatment in society, then we also need to let go of the chivalry we expect of men otherwise it's a bit hypocritical.

Exactly.

Can't believe some women still expect the man to pay all the time, come on people get a grip why the f*** should they?!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Did you ask him on the 2nd date or did he ask you? If you asked him, then it may be between paydays or other expenses took priority and he may simply have not had the money, or had it but needed to pay for other expenses. If he asked you, he should pay, old fashioned or not...the man should pay if he asks for the date.
  • drewols
    Options
    What a sad discussion
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    A gentleman always pays.

/agree
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    HELL no girl!!! If it started like this, it will remain like this...... smarten up girl!!!!!!!
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It just depends on what you want. If you want a guy who pays for everything, find someone else.
    I prefer to pay for my own stuff, honestly.

This
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    It all boils down to penis size
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    its still early but i know personally, i dont pay when im not all that interested
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I prefer to pay for myself...
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I would have said yes- I was always a girl who stood her round, went dutch etc. Had a variety of relationships lasting from 3 months to 2 years.

Met my husband- he wouldn't even think about letting me pay, unless it's his birthday or a special treat. Even then he's like "You sure?". It shows he wants to protect and take care of me, really says something about what he feels for me. And the penny kind of dropped for when I met him, that I deserve someone who wants to look after me (whether or not I need looking after, it's more about his intentions that my capabilities)

So if you are looking for something serious, with someone who respects you and wants to take care of you, then no, dont keep dating the guy.

If you are looking for a fling with a variable but ultimately insubtantial emotional attachment, keep seeing him.
This discussion has been closed.