Should I keep dating this guy? (Cheap)

Options

Replies

• grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    It should be equal. With today's economy, not every guy is Moneybags McCashmoney.
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I always try to pay for myself, but that is just me. It is nice when the guy insists but I have only seen that trend in older guys and it probably depends on where you live.

I would keep seeing him if you enjoy spending time with him, but I am guessing your expectations regarding finances and how you want to be treated probably don't mesh.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i don't think its fair to call someone cheap when you're the one that doesn't wanna pay
  • LuccyH
    LuccyH Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want a man to pay. You were only on two dates anyway, maybe drinks at bar that's fine but than 50-50. The question is if you really like the guy its not about the money its about personality.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Are you homeless?

Are you trying to sell him something that you wish for him to pay for?

Are you a charity case?

Unless the answer to any of those questions is yes, then keep dating a man who gives you the respect to think you're capable of paying for yourself.

Or just break up and find yourself a spineless turtle for a sugar daddy
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I would never pay for a date- ever!............................ Ever! No.
  • trophywife24
    Options
    its still early but i know personally, i dont pay when im not all that interested

I was going to say this, too. Maybe he's just not that into you.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You have had 2 dates and the only thing that concerns you is who paid, what was the question again??? I don't usually make it past one date without wanting to run screaming for the hills, but maybe I just bring out the psycho in men...
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I would take into consideration what someone else said previously - did he ask you on the 2nd date or did you ask him? That helps in determining who should pay for what. It's been a while since I've "dated" but, I always at least offer to pay. Makes me feel fuzzy when the guy insists that he does though..especially when things are new.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, then it's obviously bothering you. Maybe talking to him might help...otherwise..

Just break up.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    A gentleman always pays.

only when sex is assured.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    A gentleman always pays.

And a lady always puts out after getting paid.

I like how in this day and age dating is like a transaction.

Reminds me of a certain profession...
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    IMO -- No one should expect another person to do all the paying. On a second date, personally, I think it's best to 'go dutch.' If you wanted popcorn at the movie, you should've bought yourself some and offered to share it with him. Long gone are the days when men are expected to pay for everything. I've gone out with a couple of guys who expected ME to pay for everything, that's a 'no go' as well.

Most especially, If I ask, I pay. I think it's rather rude to ask someone out (guy or *just* a girlfriend) and expect them to pay for my half.

Funnily enough years ago, I'd give 'my man' the money so it looked as though he was paying, we had a blast doing that.
  • trophywife24
    Options
    A gentleman always pays.

And a lady always puts out after getting paid.

This is also true. I put out after my own husband buys me dinner. Or clothes. Or a newspaper.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    A gentleman always pays.

THIS!!!!

no. a gentleman should always offer to pay.

so should a woman.

I couldn't agree more.

I've hardly ever had to pay for a date, even though I've always offered.

And the times I did pay, it was no big deal. If it's a good date, who cares who pays?
  • Elma1975
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that it's totally ridiculous to expect a guy to pay for everything. If we as women want equal treatment in society, then we also need to let go of the chivalry we expect of men otherwise it's a bit hypocritical.
    I totally agree.
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I bring money for me just in case but I do like a gentleman to pay at least the first date. But since he paid for the movie why not pay for dinner? I don't think it's a bring deal. I think it would be stupid to throw away the chance to get to know him better just because you think he should pay for everything.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    i don't think its fair to call someone cheap when you're the one that doesn't wanna pay
    ^ This.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    A gentleman always pays.

False.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    well..I was paying most of the time but sometime it's fun to split too.
    I think it depends...If you offer to go somewhere, well pay for it...If it's a mutual decision,well split etc...

Now, after many years,kids etc...we share everything. I pay a lot but sometime she helps...like I pay for the movie,she will get the food etc.....

But first couple dates....yea, I did pay.
This discussion has been closed.