Should I keep dating this guy? (Cheap)

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    In addition I would think a nice young woman, would probably spring for popcorn if a man sprung for the movie....
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    In addition I would think a nice young woman, would probably spring for popcorn if a man sprung for the movie....

Agreed. Movie date with popcorn is expensive for two people. Not all guys can afford to blow that kind of cash on a first date with someone they don't know if they want to see again yet.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    whoever asked or suggested the date -- jmho
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    What a sad discussion

This! This discussion is setting back gender equality decades.....
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    What a sad discussion

This! This discussion is setting back gender equality decades.....

Doesn't matter, got a free meal!
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    First date, I think its nice for the guy to pay.

After that, whatever everyone feels comfortable with.
    If I planned a date, I'd pay and then he could do next time.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't really think you guys splitting the bill makes him cheap. I mean, you did ask....
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that it's totally ridiculous to expect a guy to pay for everything. If we as women want equal treatment in society, then we also need to let go of the chivalry we expect of men otherwise it's a bit hypocritical.

This.

I've been with guys (before I got married) who expected me to pay for everything because I had more money than them. There is a reason I didn't marry any of them. Hubby on the other hand hates that I pay for him 3/4 of the time yet I don't mind paying because I am the one with more money than him.

Not dating someone because they won't pay for you is shallow.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    What were you women fighting for? Equal rights of what?

Women and men work, and make equal money, equal job opportunities, equal educational opportunities. A wife brings the same amount of money as her husband, often even more (but not too much, it can hurt his feelings).

But men are stronger physically. They don't have babies, don't go through this trauma for a body to carry, deliver a baby and get back to normal. And in 6 weeks run back to work otherwise loosing a job.
    And still traditionally women cook and lean up the house, and do the groceries mostly. Men do it too but it's mostly women's job.

And you say equal rights? Where's that equal? That seems pretty unequal to me!

WTF did I just read...?

You read that men have LESS responsibilities and LESS duties now when comparing to the work women do every day.

As my German friend said the result of this feminism is men losing their balls and becoming passive. Women trying to get equal rights have reached an opposite result.

But but we pay for dates so really... who's to say who got it tougher

Do you really pay for dates? Not you personally.
    The whole argument is about women must pay bcs it's equal rights.

A man now needs to cover in tattoos, drive bikes and etc to still feel like a man. He's got no gender differences anymore. His job can be done by a woman. Any job. Anything. Now you don't have to be a gentleman to pay for a dinner, open a door, nothing is left. Just video games and going to gym. Don't you guys feel useless?
    WTF is this ****? You can't be serious. Please, you're not serious.

Taking care of family and being a great father is what I consider a man.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.