Coffee Quit Day Comes! 3,2,1,..

Options

Replies

• PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    How are y'all doing today?

Hi Maid, I am doing fine. Except for Monday morning, I really haven't even thought about coffee.
    How are you?

And TwentyTen, are you still hanging in there?
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    How are y'all doing today?

Hi Maid, I am doing fine. Except for Monday morning, I really haven't even thought about coffee.
    How are you?

And TwentyTen, are you still hanging in there?
    Huh, is it Monday?? :noway: O no.. maybe I am not doin as well as I thought.. I thought.. it was Wednesday!
    Oh oh .. ok. you thought about coffee on Monday... whew. OK.. Haha.. maybe I am still not clear of the fog.

I'm doing pretty good I guess , thanks. Still find myself thinkin' about it when the job gets tough and the day gets longer than I was expecting. I will have one on my birthday , oh yes I will and you can't stop me. It's at the end of the month. Just one. I imagine it will be a pretty good buzz! :tongue:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Of course you can have coffee on your birthday. It's your birthday. You can have whatever you want.

I love the new "It's been a long week and I gave up coffee" picture.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Like Panic said...it's your b-day...you can have whatever you want. :bigsmile:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Eighteen days coffee free!!!!!!!!!! WOOT! 18!!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Somethin about Thursday afternoons.. Uhg. Feel like I am just crashing here. Tired. :yawn: I went into get my tea and one of our young interns was brewing a fresh pot of cofffeeeeeeeeeeeee. O man. And I know, a cup would perk me up perfectly for the second half of this ten hour shift. I didn't, but I SO want to. Why is it still hard??! :ohwell:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Hello Friday!

It has got to be that fresh brewed smell that awakens the senses and your whole body starts to scream, Yaaahoooo! I think that was one of the things about Teecino that I couldn't get used to. It really had no smell. Maybe a slight hint of herbal fruit. I made some again the other day and only drank a half of cup. blah.

Hang in there. The weekend is almost here.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    My ten hour work day , turned into 12 yesterday, and I still didn't buckle.

No jazzy aroma to the teeccino,? Yyyeah that would take half the fun out of it for sure.

I am just guzzling the green tea today, trying to make my way to Saturday. :drinker:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Nice new picture Twentyten. Looking good without coffee.

How was the weekend?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Hey guys! How's it going? I'm having a cup of instant decaf...it tastes pretty good (never as good as the real stuff-but I don't want caffeine headaches again). I'll just have tea the rest of the day...but the coffee smelled so good that I knew I would probably cave...so thank goodness I keep a stash of instant decaf in my desk for emergencies like this. :tongue:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Thanks Panic. I am doing good. Weekends are always good in comparison.

Good that you were prepared Maid. Now I keep a stash of green tea in my desk in case they are out at work. Still feeling pretty dependent on that, but I sure do not drink it the way I did the coffee.

Thanks for checkin in you guys, Hope you are havin a good Monday.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Happy Monday guys.

Hey Maid, that reminds me to pick up some instant decaf. Do you get the small jars or the coffee brew bags?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Happy Monday guys.

Hey Maid, that reminds me to pick up some instant decaf. Do you get the small jars or the coffee brew bags?

I use the brew bags...just seems to be more authentic and tasty.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Happy Monday guys.

I use the brew bags...just seems to be more authentic and tasty.

Thank you, I'll pick some up today. :drinker:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Well hell. I caved today. I am just so freakin' exhausted, and the green tea wasn't cutting it, and work is a madhouse, and...

Excuses , excuses... I know. :embarassed:

It was just there, and I have no room for not being a max speed today.. and its another 10 hour (at least ) shift of this.

*sigh*

Very disappointed in myself. It does NOT mean I will return full throttle to the habit. I just really needed SOMEthing with a kick to wake me up so I can keep my head above water here. Dumb tho, since know fill well, the brief boost is just going to lead to a crash. Grrrrrr :grumble:

Lame.

Back to the water!!

Sorry guys. :ohwell:
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ya know til I read this I didn't realize there was a whole world of people out there wantign to "quit" coffee!! Which made me reflect on the fact that coffee is the one thing I told my husband I would not compromise on. I drink decaf but still! 3 splendas and a half a gallon of half n half and it never crosses my mind that I should nix the habit entirely. Sneaky addiction, tippy toeing around in my mind. I quit smokes, I'm on a diet but the thought of cutting out my one cup of decaf coffee that I mostly have every other day seems like too much to bear! Oh well, good luck twenty ten!!! I'll send good vibes your way.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Ya know til I read this I didn't realize there was a whole world of people out there wantign to "quit" coffee!! Which made me reflect on the fact that coffee is the one thing I told my husband I would not compromise on. I drink decaf but still! 3 splendas and a half a gallon of half n half and it never crosses my mind that I should nix the habit entirely. Sneaky addiction, tippy toeing around in my mind. I quit smokes, I'm on a diet but the thought of cutting out my one cup of decaf coffee that I mostly have every other day seems like too much to bear! Oh well, good luck twenty ten!!! I'll send good vibes your way.

Thanks. Congrats on tthe quitting smokes, that is a biggee!
    Yeah, I am kicking myself, because I was so close to a whole month free. I guess, I cannot let one slip up send me backward.

Appreciate the good vibes! Everyone send me energy!!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Twenty- You're expected to slip up every once in a while...it happens to everyone. It's only coffee...not illegial drugs.
    llyndon-yep...there are a bunch of us out here. I stick to decaf and only have maybe 2-3 cups a month with 1% milk and no sugar.
    Panic-where are you? How are you doing?
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Panic-where are you? How are you doing?

I'm still at the store buying decaf. These lines are really long. j/k

Hey Maid! Thanks for thinking about me. I am good(I think). This week has been really crazy. I had a 400 mile drive today and the only reason I didn't get coffee was I didn't feel like stopping.

TwentyTen don't worry about it. I really think you can have a coffee now and then. Maybe do a half decaf, half coffee. Heck I'll even send you this crappy herbal coffee. :laugh: Please don't sweat it, you'll be fine.

llyndon, welcome to the club. I really do have more energy in the morning now without coffee. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I'll check back in the morning on you guys. I'm beat. :yawn: Hang in there.
  • missmelfina
    missmelfina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Sorry I've been absent for a while. It looks like you're all doing so well! Panic, that happened to me too once my body got over the coffee. POOF! Instant morning person for a while. I haven't been keeping track though of if I still am, though. Does that sound weird? I had a coffee today, but coffee for me is now a normal social thing rather than a need... Except when I have the night shift four days in a row. I think if that becomes normal, I should clean out the coffee pots sooner, as I am the only one who works at night.

See, TwentyTen? I screw up, too. I read this great article in fitness magazine one time for binge eaters (which is another addiction I'm well on my way to quitting... well not today) that said that part of the reason you mess up is because you're too hard on yourself the first time you make a mistake. Let it happen, be glad you got to enjoy your mistake, and roll with it. soon you'll find yourself making fewer and fewer mistakes. In your case, you went nearly a month (read through what I missed, btw. quite a journey) without slipping up. You'll be fine in no time.

:)