Coffee Quit Day Comes! 3,2,1,..

Options
1234568»

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Panic, you are so good! Sure made it all seem effortless, and still going strong.

My end goal was never to never have one again, just to stop the habit. I feel almost like it could creep back up on me with all the massive pressure at work, but I am noticing I do not feel so hot after I have had one, so I think I am safe from it becoming habitual.
    Also, there is now a light at the end of the tunnel. After the 15th, my long shifts should come to an end, for the most part, and I can look forward to the regular 40 hour a week grind. I thought it would never get here, but now I can count down the days on one hand!! Wooooohooooo!

How are you doing?
    Panic...how about you?
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Hi Maid, I am doing fine. Hope you are too. I haven't been on as much since I don't log my food anymore and I have been maintaining my weight. (still no coffee) :drinker:

TwentyTen, is work getting any better?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Hi Maid, I am doing fine. Hope you are too. I haven't been on as much since I don't log my food anymore and I have been maintaining my weight. (still no coffee) :drinker:

I still log but I don't stress about it (not that I stressed that much before, lol). I have coffee about once every 2 weeks and it's been fine but I'm not letting myself have more than that just in case the headaches return.
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options

Oh hey my friends. You might be sorry you asked.
    Its been a messed up couple weeks for me I'm afraid.. Work has only gotten worse, just when I think it couldn't possibly get worse.. its a fiasco. The pressure has just ... hammered me. I have blown off exercise for almost 2 weeks.:noway: Have had several coffee's, but not everyday anyway. I haven't been eating great.. but have been generally making wise choices but for a day or two. For the first time since being here, I skipped logging 2 or 3 days. Not getting enough water, or sleep. I was so ON track for 2 and a half months and then I just fell OFF. Really kicking myself , but I gotta stop that because i am getting kicked around enough at work. So yeah exhausted as I am, I am getting up and getting to it NOW.

Thanks for checkin in you guys
    Struggling to get back at it, in fact right now i AM going to get in a good hour of exercise.. first time in 10 days or so!!

Neeeeed a vacation!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

Oh hey my friends. You might be sorry you asked.
    Its been a messed up couple weeks for me I'm afraid.. Work has only gotten worse, just when I think it couldn't possibly get worse.. its a fiasco. The pressure has just ... hammered me. I have blown off exercise for almost 2 weeks.:noway: Have had several coffee's, but not everyday anyway. I haven't been eating great.. but have been generally making wise choices but for a day or two. For the first time since being here, I skipped logging 2 or 3 days. Not getting enough water, or sleep. I was so ON track for 2 and a half months and then I just fell OFF. Really kicking myself , but I gotta stop that because i am getting kicked around enough at work. So yeah exhausted as I am, I am getting up and getting to it NOW.

Thanks for checkin in you guys
    Struggling to get back at it, in fact right now i AM going to get in a good hour of exercise.. first time in 10 days or so!!

Neeeeed a vacation!

We all go though times like that. My big crave foods when I'm stressed are horrible for me (fruit roll ups-HFCS, pickles-sodium out the wazoo, and Goldfish crackers-highly processed) but they are so tasty and remind me of my childhood. Thank goodness I no longer crave mashed potatos with lots of butter.
    Times will get better and it really is just a rut, you'll get out of it. A while ago I didn't exercise for almost a month straight...I had no desire to do anything and then I just got back in the groove of things and moved on. Remember....Keep Calm And Carry On.
  • missmelfina
    missmelfina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm finding that when I want to binge, I just give myself what I'm craving, and only what I'm craving, and justenough to satisfy it, and I won't go completely nuts. For example, I'm eating probably one terrible thing per day, and I've still managed to lose two pounds from what? Last Wednesday? I think part of that, too, though, is owing to my need to run to the cupboard of green tea everytime I start to feel totally out of control. Also, I can't help but wonder if dropping a few classes hasn't helped as well. I've literally dropped half of them, and quit my ob, got a new boyfriend, and allow myself breaks to have fun. I need a new job, but I'm not sure how to handle it considering I have things perfect right now, scholling schedual wise. I'm terrified if I change that, I'll do poorly again.

As far as coffee goes, I'll still have one once or twice a week. Fridays because Mom takes me out for breakfast earlier than I can remember that coffee is bad, and my best friend alwas wants coffee, fortunately, I'm usually craving various teas.

When it comes to my best friend, though, I have to credit her for keeping my *kitten* in line when she doesn't have to, even ifit makes her the spawn of Satan for 5 minutes. This has to do with school, work, food, and a lot of social things.

Put a lot of trust and support in those close to you, and allow their opinions to matter to you, and I'm finding it really does help you succeed farther than you'd have expected... particularly if they spend most of the day with you most days.
  • missmelfina
    missmelfina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm finding that when I want to binge, I just give myself what I'm craving, and only what I'm craving, and justenough to satisfy it, and I won't go completely nuts. For example, I'm eating probably one terrible thing per day, and I've still managed to lose two pounds from what? Last Wednesday? I think part of that, too, though, is owing to my need to run to the cupboard of green tea everytime I start to feel totally out of control. Also, I can't help but wonder if dropping a few classes hasn't helped as well. I've literally dropped half of them, and quit my ob, got a new boyfriend, and allow myself breaks to have fun. I need a new job, but I'm not sure how to handle it considering I have things perfect right now, scholling schedual wise. I'm terrified if I change that, I'll do poorly again.

As far as coffee goes, I'll still have one once or twice a week. Fridays because Mom takes me out for breakfast earlier than I can remember that coffee is bad, and my best friend alwas wants coffee, fortunately, I'm usually craving various teas.

When it comes to my best friend, though, I have to credit her for keeping my *kitten* in line when she doesn't have to, even ifit makes her the spawn of Satan for 5 minutes. This has to do with school, work, food, and a lot of social things.

Put a lot of trust and support in those close to you, and allow their opinions to matter to you, and I'm finding it really does help you succeed farther than you'd have expected... particularly if they spend most of the day with you most days.

Blast. I edited this, too.