If I Gave You Poison Would You Eat It?

Options
Rocbola
Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
What if it was a really slow acting poison, and you wouldn't get sick until you were older?

What if i gave it to you in a very small dose?

What if i made it taste really, REALLY good?

Would it be OK as long as it was in moderation?

What if i convinced you it was "manly" to eat the poison?

What if i paid celebrities to tell you that they enjoyed the good taste of the slow-acting poison?

What if i paid celebrities to tell you that the poison was not poison at all, but was in fact actually health food?

What if you had been unknowingly eating this poison your whole life, and didn't even know what it felt like to be free from it?

If you answer "NO" to any of the above questions:
Would you eat processed food, preservatives, flavor enhancers, meats, dairy, refined grains, oils, aspartame, sugar, pesticides or HFCS in any of the above circumstances?
Why or why not?

(Disclaimer: This is hypothetical, i have no plans to poison anyone!)

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    yes i would eat all of those but not poison
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I would, and do eat all those foods.

Wait, am I poisoning myself?!!!
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I get what you are saying, but even the oxygen we breathe is a slow form of poison. It causes oxidation and free radicals, but hey we need it. You can nit pick every little thing you put in your body if you want. Everybody has a different threshold on what they view as poison. This is where being an informed consumer comes in handy. Then you get to choose, and there are no surprises.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    also why is meat on that list meat can be good for you packed with protein
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    dude-

someday, hopefully, you will be released from the bondage of whatever book or website you have been getting your information from and look back on these posts and wonder how you ever made it through the day.

these assertions that meats and dairy cause cancer are over blown and in most cases that have any relationship with reality, even absurd.

don't you wonder why no one agrees with you?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    More hyperbole and fear-mongering. brb waiting for the link to the Mercola study on this one......
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    dude-

someday, hopefully, you will be released from the bondage of whatever book or website you have been getting your information from and look back on these posts and wonder how you ever made it through the day.

these assertions that meats and dairy cause cancer are over blown and in most cases that have any relationship with reality, even absurd.

^^^ This.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I could get run over by a bus tomorrow and have spent hours agonising over every bite I put in my mouth, checking every label and bit of packaging for toxins. Do you know how many fumes we breathe in on a daily basis just from going outdoors? What about chemicals used in clothing production ? I think one can take things to too great an extreme, and plenty of people who have a lifetime of eating meat, dairy and even packaged foods, are living into their 80s and 90s, while plenty of health crazy runners and athletes drop dead from heart attacks.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Depends on the dosage - but half of what you listed are not poison so it's a moot point.

You forgot to add:

- apples
    - cherries
    - almonds
    - rhubard
    - tomatoes
    - mushrooms

to your list - they are all poisonous.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'll take my order super sized
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i just got so hungry.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    headdesk.gif.gif
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    dude-

^^^ This.

X1 000 000
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If life is poison, I'll eat up every drop until it keels me over. It doesn't matter what you do or don't eat, you're going to die someday. "The only thing you have to decide is what to do with the (food) that is given to you."
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    I would also advise you to stop breathing and drinking water as both carry tons of chemicals at this point. Also quit showering, wearing clothes and living in homes with paint, carpet, vinyl, plastic of any sort, or varnish. Best of luck to you.....
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    MlT1x.gif
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Google orthorexia
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Everybody's gotta die sometime. Fact.