If I Gave You Poison Would You Eat It?

Options

Replies

• Pulka_Dot
    Pulka_Dot Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Salt is both a flavor enhancer and a preservative; your body needs it. So yes, I think I will eat all those.
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oh noes....we're all gonna die!!!!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose between preservatives and an agrarian pre-industrial society, I'll take preservatives.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Why is this BS in the Food and Nutrition forum? Take this crap to the Chit Chat forum.
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    yes i would eat all of those but not poison

LOL! exactly!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    McKayla-Maroney--008.jpg

YEA I'M NOT IMPRESSED EITHER.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    2556472_o.gif
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Google orthorexia

huh..who knew? Thanks for the knowledge!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    you betcha and yummy!!!!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose between preservatives and an agrarian pre-industrial society, I'll take preservatives.
    Wasn't the life expectancy in agrarian pre-industrial societies somewhere around 35-40 years?
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    What if it was a really slow acting poison, and you wouldn't get sick until you were older?

What if i gave it to you in a very small dose?

What if i made it taste really, REALLY good?

Would it be OK as long as it was in moderation?

What if i convinced you it was "manly" to eat the poison?

What if i paid celebrities to tell you that they enjoyed the good taste of the slow-acting poison?

What if i paid celebrities to tell you that the poison was not poison at all, but was in fact actually health food?

What if you had been unknowingly eating this poison your whole life, and didn't even know what it felt like to be free from it?

If you answer "NO" to any of the above questions:
    Would you eat processed food, preservatives, flavor enhancers, meats, dairy, refined grains, oils, aspartame, sugar, pesticides or HFCS in any of the above circumstances?
    Why or why not?

(Disclaimer: This is hypothetical, i have no plans to poison anyone!)

well played
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I would eat all of it except for aspartame. I use generic splenda.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Google orthorexia

It's important to seek professional help when striving for a healthy diet becomes an overwhelming drive that takes over. Orthorexia that features obsessive compulsive behaviors such as posting that everything is poison an be effectively treated with medication and cognitive behavioral therapy by a trained therapist.

OP...there is nothing to be ashamed of. Get help.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    dude-

someday, hopefully, you will be released from the bondage of whatever book or website you have been getting your information from and look back on these posts and wonder how you ever made it through the day.

these assertions that meats and dairy cause cancer are over blown and in most cases that have any relationship with reality, even absurd.

don't you wonder why no one agrees with you?

^^^ this.
  • slap1225
    slap1225 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I plan to invenomate myself one day dont know what snake yet but it will happen! :D so slow acting poision fun! fun! fun!, daily intake of environmental toxicants mmm yummy! :) Life is good!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I would eat it if you paid me to. Damn celebrities already have enough money... :grumble: Plus I wouldn't care about getting sick when I'm older because I could enjoy my life NOW and have fun.

Same with foods, really... I'm not going to live forever no matter what I eat and I don't want to. :flowerforyou:
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    A little extreme..but can you all really deny the effed up way in which food is modified, grown & sold in the USA?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I think I just won't eat anything. Seems the safest route.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I eat oils and fruits and veggies that have pesticides because I believe that even if they come with downsides, they also come with upsides. If I had more money, I'd make more of an effort to eat fruits and veggies without pesticides. It's one of my goals, but it will probably take another few years. Though one of my goals for this year is to grow some of my own fruits and veggies and herbs. Unfortunately, I don't live in a climate where I can do that year round, just a brief window.

I have seen a few people make the argument that oils (in moderation, even any at all) are bad for you but I haven't been convinced. I find them pretty essential for some of my favorite foods like salad dressings and hummus. I would need more medical and scientific evidence that oil used sparingly is truly bad for me to eliminate it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    A little extreme..but can you all really deny the effed up way in which food is modified, grown & sold in the USA?
    I do wish people here would accept the fact that not everyone is from the US.