we-are-going-to-die.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Poison.jpg
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I think it is a conversation worth having. Over the last 15 years I have become chemically sensitive. I did not relate this to foods however till more recently. It is worth researching and learning about. I have many food intolerances and allergies that can be life threatening and uncomfortable. It is not a question of wether it can happen but when will you be affected.

All arguments aside it has been proven that chemicals can be dangerous to the human body, each of us has a different tolerance. You may feel you are not being affected by said chemicals in your foods or your environment however have you asked yourself; would I feel this way without having them in my body and my foods?

ryan.gif
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I do wish people here would accept the fact that not everyone is from the US.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    A little extreme..but can you all really deny the effed up way in which food is modified, grown & sold in the USA?

effed up how?

facts please.

seriously?
  • rieann84
    Options
    I do wish people here would accept the fact that not everyone is from the US.

Why do you think I added the "in the USA" bit?
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    yeah I will eat it but only if you serve it up in a super size french fry container from McDonalds :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    News flash, everyone will die some day. Not all at the same time, but every living thing will die. Even the sun will one day burn out. :(

That's actually good news because it makes slow poisonous food more appealing.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    what dont kill us makes us stronger right?
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    This post is exactly why you do not even bother posting opinions like this on MFP.
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    Meats? Dairy? Oils? Of course I eat every one if these things! In my book it's nourishment, energy and sustenance- a far cry from poison. I eat these things because its important to have a well rounded diet... Not because Pauly D or any celebrity tells me it's cool. Everyone dies at one point or another and I would rather do it eating the things that I enjoy in moderation, like steak, and eggs and mozzarella and olive oil.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    A little extreme..but can you all really deny the effed up way in which food is modified, grown & sold in the USA?

effed up how?

facts please.

seriously?

yes, seriously.

if you're going to make sweeping statements like that, you should be prepared to back them up with facts.

what exactly is "effed up way in which food is modified, grown & sold in the USA"?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
    Man in Black: Then make your choice.
    Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
    Man in Black: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]
    Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.
    Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter. First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
    Man in Black, Vizzini: [Vizzini and the Man in Black drink]
    Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
    Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
    Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]
    Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.
    Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options

effed up how?

facts please.

seriously?

yes, seriously.

if you're going to make sweeping statements like that, you should be prepared to back them up with facts. if you can't, then you should perhaps revisit your opinions.

what exactly is "effed up way in which food is modified, grown & sold in the USA"?

Even so, you can pretty much find a study to fit any opinion these days. Studies conflict on nearly every topic. At this point, the only usefulness in citing facts is so someone can come in a derail the experimental design. I feel like this is a losing argument on both ends.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

effed up how?

facts please.
    [/quote]

seriously?
    [/quote]

yes, seriously.

if you're going to make sweeping statements like that, you should be prepared to back them up with facts. if you can't, then you should perhaps revisit your opinions.

[/quote]

NO FACTS ALLOWED

this is a FEAR thread

facts and fears do not belong in the same thread
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
    Man in Black: Then make your choice.
    Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
    Man in Black: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]
    Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.
    Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter. First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
    Man in Black, Vizzini: [Vizzini and the Man in Black drink]
    Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
    Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
    Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]
    Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.
    Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

I love you.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I get your point OP... but... everybody dies... May as well enjoy it.
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    edit.
  • rieann84
    Options

effed up how?

facts please.

seriously?

yes, seriously.

Well, I mean..the statement in itself is an opinion. I just thought, maybe that others shared my concerns. I guess not. It's hard to provide you with "facts" over the internet, as everything posted online is questionably biased. Just a few off the top of my head though.. farmer's feeding cows candy because it's cheaper. Patented seeds. Patented SEEDS. And if some of those GMO seeds carry in the wind over to your farm, well then you have to deal with Monsanto. Good luck with that.