Replies

• 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    1342004753_double_facepalm_gag.jpg
  • Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was convinced when reading this it was going to be about smoking.
  • alofay
    alofay Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    MlT1x.gif

I always though that guy was rocking some funky 'stache. Now, I see it is his arms! THANK YOU!!!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What if it was a really slow acting poison, and you wouldn't get sick until you were older?

What if i gave it to you in a very small dose?

What if i made it taste really, REALLY good?

No, no and no.
    Would it be OK as long as it was in moderation?

I have no idea since you haven't mentioned dose or context.
    What if i convinced you it was "manly" to eat the poison?

I'm manly enough as is.
    What if i paid celebrities to tell you that they enjoyed the good taste of the slow-acting poison?

That would be silly.
    What if i paid celebrities to tell you that the poison was not poison at all, but was in fact actually health food?

I would then say you're a bad person and I'd fart in your general direction. If you did the above.
    On that note, If I Farted Would You Smell It? That'd be a good thread.
    What if you had been unknowingly eating this poison your whole life, and didn't even know what it felt like to be free from it?

I'd be dead. It's poison. Unless I'm consuming a safe dose, but you've never mentioned dose or context.
    If you answer "NO" to any of the above questions:
    Would you eat processed food, preservatives, flavor enhancers, meats, dairy, refined grains, oils, aspartame, sugar, pesticides or HFCS in any of the above circumstances?
    Why or why not?

I consume all of the above, none of which have anything to do with your previous questions.

Remember that time when I mentioned dose and context? This concept is one you should familiarize yourself with. As of now, in this post and in other posts, you haven't made any reference to it.
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    dude-

someday, hopefully, you will be released from the bondage of whatever book or website you have been getting your information from and look back on these posts and wonder how you ever made it through the day.

these assertions that meats and dairy cause cancer are over blown and in most cases that have any relationship with reality, even absurd.

don't you wonder why no one agrees with you?

^^^ This.

Absolutely this!!!

but the interesting part is that we are also being "fed" bad information based on either bad or no science at all. Nearly all of the diet plans are based at least partially on a hypothesis - not facts -. The nutrition science is actually a fledgling science and it is way more complicated than any one wants to admit. Most are trying to simplify the truth to come up with a solid irrefutable plan but in doing so all seem to have to tell partial truths or flat out lies. We all need to be very careful about what we believe.
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm gutted that chocolate isn't on your list. You would have to eat a lot in one go for it to kill you, but it really is poisonous. And it's not because of the sugar, fat, processing of whatever. Try feeding chocolate to a beloved pet. I genuinely believe it's more dangerous than anything you listed.

At the end of the day it's not really going to harm you though. I eat it daily.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
    Man in Black: Then make your choice.
    Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
    Man in Black: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]
    Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.
    Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter. First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
    Man in Black, Vizzini: [Vizzini and the Man in Black drink]
    Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
    Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
    Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]
    Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.
    Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

So one of the greatest quotes from one of the best films/books ever!!! :-)
  • Izzwoz
    Options
    keyword: digitalis ... it is not always the substance that is the poison but the dose ...
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    If I cut out meat and dairy and anything else you consider "poison", I would be anorexic........and dead.

You can put whatever you want into your body. Why not have the consideration to let others do the same?

Fear-mongering is pathetic and does NOTHING but make people want to avoid you like the plague.
    If you cut out all the poisons, you would not be anorexic, in fact you would be healthier, haha. Really? Do people actually believe that oils, food chemicals and processed animal parts are necessary for their diet?

Can you please quote the part where i asked others to change their diet? Because i must have missed that part. I started a 'why-or-why-not?" discussion. If seems you inferred something different than what i wrote.
  • Izzwoz
    Options
    Everyone who eats carrots will die. True fax.

Everyone who doesn't eat carrots will die. True fact.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    At this point, the only usefulness in citing facts is so someone can come in a derail the experimental design. I feel like this is a losing argument on both ends.

Oh oh! This is my favourite bit.......
  • Rocbola
    Options
    I'm gutted that chocolate isn't on your list. You would have to eat a lot in one go for it to kill you, but it really is poisonous. And it's not because of the sugar, fat, processing of whatever. Try feeding chocolate to a beloved pet. I genuinely believe it's more dangerous than anything you listed.

Yea, i forgot salt, too.
  • Rocbola
    Options
    I don't really have an opinion on this as I do not know that much about it, but I would prefer to read about what the OP considers to be good to eat rather than read about what he considers as poison. Just my two cents.
    Locally grown plants, like fruits and veggies.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think I just won't eat anything. Seems the safest route.
    That's the way things are trending. I mean, if you listened to every extremist on food and put it all into practice and didn't eat anything that someone somewhere said was terrible for you and going to kill you, I think you'd be left with broccoli.

So you can eat broccoli.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Fine, fine..I'll give up dairy and meat because they're poison. Can I keep smoking though??
  • rml_16
    Options
    farmer's feeding cows candy

that's kind of a sweet thing to do. get it?

I'd like to see a reputable news story about this because it doesn't make sense. ANy living creature would DIE on a diet of only candy. It would cause malnourishment and would be counterproductive to the farmer. He may save money on feed (though candy is pretty pricey where I live), but he'd lose all his livestock.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I get your point OP... but... everybody dies... May as well enjoy it.
    But, eating a healthy diet with little to no crap in it, allows you to enjoy it more, because you have more energy, more happiness, and hopefully more years.

Is the short term pleasure of tasting something delicious worth the pain it causes later on? Can't you derive the same, or similar, taste pleasure from a well prepared, fresh, healthy food?

I come from an Italian family. For generations, we have consumed mass quantites of oil and white pasta. My grandmother celebrated her 97th birthday yesterday and was living on her own until last year.

Her mother and older sister both lived to 97, as well. So, my conclusion is that poison = good if oils and refined grains are poison.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see a reputable news story about this because it doesn't make sense.

dude- did you forget where you are?

making sense here happens only on the third Thursday of every third month and even then most people miss it
  • rml_16
    Options

Yea, i forgot salt, too.

If you cut out salt (sodium) you would die very quickly.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I'd like to see a reputable news story about this because it doesn't make sense.

dude- did you forget where you are?

making sense here happens only on the third Thursday of every third month and even then most people miss it

I know. I know.

Believe whatever you hear without putting any actual thought into it. It's the rule of the message board.

*sigh*

Thirty lashes for me.