• 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!!!

onoz-omg.gif
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If I cut out meat and dairy and anything else you consider "poison", I would be anorexic........and dead.

You can put whatever you want into your body. Why not have the consideration to let others do the same?

Fear-mongering is pathetic and does NOTHING but make people want to avoid you like the plague.

I must add that mental/emotional problems such as anxiety and depression are rampant in the US - why??? Because it is far too easy to get sucked in to the fear-based mantras being preached at us day after day ... At some point you have to say "f" it and do the best you can with what works best for you. Life is too short - no matter WHAT you eat.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    don't you wonder why no one agrees with you?
    I have noticed that many people have their heads buried in the sand and that is nothing new. If everybody agreed with me, the two leading causes of death in this country wouldn't be heart disease and cancer. I think the rampant nutritional ignorance in this country, and on this site, is sad.

I wonder what the two leading causes of death would be, if only everyone would make the OP their food guru!

kwashiorkor and suicide
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    If I cut out meat and dairy and anything else you consider "poison", I would be anorexic........and dead.

You can put whatever you want into your body. Why not have the consideration to let others do the same?

Fear-mongering is pathetic and does NOTHING but make people want to avoid you like the plague.

I must add that mental/emotional problems such as anxiety and depression are rampant in the US - why??? Because it is far too easy to get sucked in to the fear-based mantras being preached at us day after day ... At some point you have to say "f" it and do the best you can with what works best for you. Life is too short - no matter WHAT you eat.

Anxiety and depression, among many other disorders and diseases are ramapant in the US due to the high carbohydrate / low fat consumption. There has been a proven direct link to many mental illness (anxiety, bi-polar, depression just to name a few) that are directly linked to a low fat, higher carb way of eating.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Oh God...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Anxiety and depression, among many other disorders and diseases are ramapant in the US due to the high carbohydrate / low fat consumption. There has been a proven direct link to many mental illness (anxiety, bi-polar, depression just to name a few) that are directly linked to a low fat, higher carb way of eating.

if there is a "proven direct link" then there is a study you are basing this on.. Could I see that study?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    farmer's feeding cows candy

that's kind of a sweet thing to do. get it?

I'd like to see a reputable news story about this because it doesn't make sense. ANy living creature would DIE on a diet of only candy. It would cause malnourishment and would be counterproductive to the farmer. He may save money on feed (though candy is pretty pricey where I live), but he'd lose all his livestock.

Here is your news story reporting on this.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/10/news/economy/farmers-cows-candy-feed/index.html
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I will still enjoy having REAL milk, yogurt, cheese, and meat. I'm not going to stop living so I can be healthy at 90 years old when everyone else I loved died and had a good life by having fun and not being so ****ing anal about everything.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

If you have access to the proof source in the way of a legitimate study from a reputable source, please do post it. It's always somewhat useless to say that something has been proven without showing the proof source and it comes across as lacking in credibility.
  • caseysexton5
    caseysexton5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not to pick apart this post... I understand your reasoning behind it. But why would meat, dairy, and grains be on there? We buy all the above from our local coop. Meat is organic and grass fed. Dairy is non homogenized and slightly pasteurized. We can (haven't yet) buy the grains for flour and grind them ourselves. Not trying to sound high and mighty, but there ARE ways to eat those things without them being 'poison'.

edit: i see you wrote 'refined' grains. my bad
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

if there is a "proven direct link" then there is a study you are basing this on.. Could I see that study?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200304/the-risks-low-fat-diets

http://www.naturalnews.com/026270_fat_health_healthy.html

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=60

There was also a study published in Finland (national public health institute) regarding this very topic, but I can't get to the website at the moment...........Maybe google it
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I really should be citing my sources but honestly i'm lazy and that takes a while, and i don't care to put that much effort into an internet forum where most people will disregard it anyway.

Great, thanks op.

When do I get my tin hat?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

If you have access to the proof source in the way of a legitimate study from a reputable source, please do post it. It's always somewhat useless to say that something has been proven without showing the proof source and it comes across as lacking in credibility.

I posted it and what is wrong with you doing your own research. I am not your personal assistant.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone on this site. I don't really care if you personally find me credible or not. I will still pass along the information I have learned over the years.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200304/the-risks-low-fat-diets

http://www.naturalnews.com/026270_fat_health_healthy.html

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=60

There was also a study published in Finland (national public health institute) regarding this very topic, but I can't get to the website at the moment...........Maybe google it

off to work
    will check out these later
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

I posted it and what is wrong with you doing your own research. I am not your personal assistant.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone on this site. I don't really care if you personally find me credible or not. I will still pass along the information I have learned over the years.

You posted it after my post as you can see. You seem to a little unclear on how it works. You make the claim, you post the proof. You seems a little testy. Maybe you need some ice cream or sumpin'. Just sayin'.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I'd like to see a reputable news story about this because it doesn't make sense. ANy living creature would DIE on a diet of only candy. It would cause malnourishment and would be counterproductive to the farmer. He may save money on feed (though candy is pretty pricey where I live), but he'd lose all his livestock.

From the article:
    The farmer said that he goes over the feed menu every couple of weeks with a livestock nutritionist who advised him to cap the candy at 3% of a cow's diet. He said that the sugar in ice cream sprinkles seems to increase milk production by three pounds per cow per day.

Sugar also helps to fatten up beef cattle, according to livestock nutritionist Chuck Hurst, owner of Nutritech, Inc., in Carmen, Idaho, without any ill effects to the cow, or to the person consuming its meat or milk. He said that it's the sugar in the candy that's important, and that it provides "the same kind of energy as corn."

My main issue is feeding the cows gummies and marshmallows, since they contain gelatin and cows are vegetarian animals.

Is it ideal? No. But it isn't the ONLY thing being fed to the cows.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

You posted it after my post as you can see. You seem to a little unclear on how it works. You make the claim, you post the proof. You seems a little testy. Maybe you need some ice cream or sumpin'. Just sayin'.

I am not testy. I did my own research and reading. I suggest you do the same.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

From the article:
    The farmer said that he goes over the feed menu every couple of weeks with a livestock nutritionist who advised him to cap the candy at 3% of a cow's diet. He said that the sugar in ice cream sprinkles seems to increase milk production by three pounds per cow per day.

Sugar also helps to fatten up beef cattle, according to livestock nutritionist Chuck Hurst, owner of Nutritech, Inc., in Carmen, Idaho, without any ill effects to the cow, or to the person consuming its meat or milk. He said that it's the sugar in the candy that's important, and that it provides "the same kind of energy as corn."

My main issue is feeding the cows gummies and marshmallows, since they contain gelatin and cows are vegetarian animals.

Technically none of that crap, grains, candy, etc should be fed to a cow.

They are grass grazers and that is what they should be eating - what they are designed to eat. Due to these feeding practices in these CAFO farms are the reason there are so many sick and diseased cows.

I DO NOT eat any CAFO meats. I would resign to becoming a vegetarian if my only option was to eat CAFO meats.

Thankfully I have access to local farms that care about their animals and provide them with the diets of what they are designed to eat.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Steve Jobs was a known vegan and cut out all processed foods from his diet and he died of cancer. We cannot prevent all illness or diseases by eliminating certain foods.

If you don't like them, don't eat them. Stop preaching to people. You cannot change other people. Work on yourself.

BTW, where in Wheaton, IL is "locally grown fruits and vegetables"? My sister lives in Wheaton and I know it very well. Do you go to DeKalb? Sycamore? In which case it's not "local".
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

From the article:

Technically none of that crap, grains, candy, etc should be fed to a cow.

They are grass grazers and that is what they should be eating - what they are designed to eat. Due to these feeding practices in these CAFO farms are the reason there are so many sick and diseased cows.

I DO NOT eat any CAFO meats. I would resign to becoming a vegetarian if my only option was to eat CAFO meats.

Thankfully I have access to local farms that care about their animals and provide them with the diets of what they are designed to eat.

It's OK, honey. I know how perfect and wonderful you are. :flowerforyou: