Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ladies who LOVE their thighs - WELCOME!

Replies

• EyeZola
    EyeZola Posts: 4 Member
    I love your post!! LOL I am in a love hate relationship with mine as well and thank you for putting this out there!! There are plenty of people who need to embrace instead of complain! :-) Bravo and well said! :-)
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    I think I could love my thighs, 23" also sorry no photos, i can totally handle the size, what I cant handle is my ugly varicose veins, unfortunately these are hereditary so I knew I would get them as my mum has a few but at the tender age of 27 it really hits my confidence when I am the only one on the beach with these ugly things, a really big bulging one on my right thigh which ruins my hard work as it sticks out no matter what I do, eugh!

But otherwise, loving the thread!! Good work guys! X

From my six pregnancies I developed ugly varicose veins from foot to groin. I just had vein surgery, I'm going to wear shorts and short skirts, I'm so excited, lol. I would like to post a picture on this thread because I got me some thighs, but my legs look like a bat was taken to them so I need to wait until I heal. Anyway I highly recommend getting treatment, it's not bad at all and I wish I would've done it sooner! :)
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    I don't love my thighs actually - whats wrong with wanting to be the best version of you and not settling for the out of shape version?

Nothing wrong with that but most (maybe all) of the women in these pictures are in freaking awesome shape they just don't happen to have genetically thin thighs. What's wrong with thick but fit, shapely thighs? Since that's how I'm built I'm going to say nothing at all. ;)
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    This is an awesome thread! I have always hated my thighs, even when I was thin I thought my legs were ugly. Over the last few months, I have learned to love my body for what it can DO. Every time I get comfortable with a higher weight on the leg press I am excited. I just started wearing jogging shorts; until recently I've always worn unflattering stretchy gym pants to work out.

My thigh measurements in February were 28". As of...right...now, they are 24". I measure the fattiest bit just under my cheeks. Which, BTW, have also shrunk and started to take on a toned quality.

I will have to take a pic later! Of the legs...not necessarily my rear.
  • jbuck93
    jbuck93 Posts: 89 Member
    I have to say I've had what most people would call big thighs my whole life (Although, people call them muscular to my face), and I have always loved them. Watching them atrophy away last summer after my knee surgery was probably one of the most depressing things I've ever been through. I'm going to try to post a pic later.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    My thighs are big and solid and STRONG (and they're attached to awesome calves and a wicked butt and I love them all.) :)
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    I just want to pop back in again and say thank you to the OP!

Whenever I hate my thighs, I come in here. Because for some reason, when I look at all of your thighs, all I see is beauty and strength. Yet, when I look at my own, especially if they're a bit swollen from working out, or it's a sweaty day, and they're rubbing together...all I think is, "I should have stayed anorexic. Then I'd still have that small thigh gap. Then they wouldn't touch when I walk."

So, thank you, ALL of you ladies, for giving me the courage to look at my thighs and realize they are beautiful too. Maybe one day I'll think that confidently enough to share a picture. :)
  • Hi Ladies!
    I am one of those girls who hates her thighs but is seeking desperately to love them. It just frustrates me cause I really like the rest of my body, but my thighs just seem to jut out at a weird angle. There is a layer of fat over them, particularly at the sides and around and joining onto the bum. I do a little bit of modelling now and then, so the pressure to have tiny highs haunts me every day. Often models I see at castings make me so depressed because they have these tiny little stick legs which look amazing in a photo. But in real life I suppose they do look kinda oddly proportioned. Othertimes in a fitted dress I love my curvy thighs, because it really gives me that great hourglass shape.

I am 174cm, 26yrs old, and i think my thighs are about 21"

Sometimes my legs can look nice, but for my height I actually think the extra fat layer makes me look stumpy. But..... i am going to dare to say it.... I LOVE MY THIGHS.
    I LOVE MY THIGHS.

I LOVE MY THIGHS.

I LOVE MY THIGHS.

I LOVE MY THIGHS.

This will be my mantra. (today I am particularly in need of this mantra as I caught my reflection in a shop window and was slightly horrified :S

Love to all ladies xoxo
    Amelia

For more body issue stuff check out my blog: http://dissectingbeauty.blogspot.com.au/

ps i couldnt work out how to add a photo??
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Thigh time! Not my best face photo but definitely shows off my thighs.... Im 27kg down with 10 or so to go.

axun8.jpg

edit for photo fix
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Hi Ladies!
    I am one of those girls who hates her thighs but is seeking desperately to love them. It just frustrates me cause I really like the rest of my body, but my thighs just seem to jut out at a weird angle. There is a layer of fat over them, particularly at the sides and around and joining onto the bum. I do a little bit of modelling now and then, so the pressure to have tiny highs haunts me every day. Often models I see at castings make me so depressed because they have these tiny little stick legs which look amazing in a photo. But in real life I suppose they do look kinda oddly proportioned. Othertimes in a fitted dress I love my curvy thighs, because it really gives me that great hourglass shape.

I am 174cm, 26yrs old, and i think my thighs are about 21"

Sometimes my legs can look nice, but for my height I actually think the extra fat layer makes me look stumpy. But..... i am going to dare to say it.... I LOVE MY THIGHS.
    I LOVE MY THIGHS.

I LOVE MY THIGHS.

I LOVE MY THIGHS.

I LOVE MY THIGHS.

This will be my mantra. (today I am particularly in need of this mantra as I caught my reflection in a shop window and was slightly horrified :S

Love to all ladies xoxo
    Amelia

For more body issue stuff check out my blog: http://dissectingbeauty.blogspot.com.au/

ps i couldnt work out how to add a photo??

This post makes me sad. Your legs are gorgeous, as are you.
    The modeling industry bugs me, in that so very few have "thin little stick legs", and really - they are not a goal to aspire to.
    The sexiest legs IMO are ones that show strength... I love seeing defined calves and quads.

I don't like sticks on women. :)
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Thigh time! Not my best face photo but definitely shows off my thighs.... Im 27kg down with 10 or so to go.

axun8.jpg

edit for photo fix

Thighs that say WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Way to get some air, woman :)
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    I don't like my legs, but only because I have horrible bulging varicose veins that get more visible with the weight that I lose.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    These are mine, I wouldn't go as far as to say I love them but I except them - they are super muscly and strong. Calves of steel.
    (Please excuse the messy room)

23w2ols.jpg

zvqumx.jpg
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Coincidentally I also have my own unedited photos from a Britney Spears concert a few years back. She was a bit bigger than she is now but I tell you something that girl is TONED!

nphpjb.jpg

71kyfm.jpg
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Thighs <<<<
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I'm finally feeling happy about mine... they were pretty shapeless before, but now I'm seeing more shape, and I like it.
    350e9b26-c89f-4bed-9152-b8c780d2652e_zpsded2fa2e.jpg
  • scg17
    scg17 Posts: 88 Member
    I'm tired of reading threads from ladies complaining about their thighs. Stop berating your legs and speaking such nastiness over them. They are *not* disgusting. They are not ugly, hideous, awful, etc just because they don't look like some supermodel's legs. You are a woman....not a 14 year old girl. As your body matures you develop curves in areas like your thighs, booty, hips, and boobs. How come people are okay with developing curves in their boobs but hate on their thighs? Gotta balance it out - and most men loooove a nice womanly figure. Amirite?

Thighs come in all shapes and sizes. Hello, my name is Jen and I am a recovering thigh-hater. Through the support and love of my MFP crew, I've learned to see my thighs for what they are - strong, shapely, and worthy of admiration! But I didn't get these thighs from sitting on my butt and complaining about them. It took a whole lotta squats, lunges, deadlifts, and jumping to begin transforming them from 26" of sloppy, fatty thighs to 23" of strong, muscular thighs. (I'm not a runner, I hate traditional cardio work...and if you do enough squats in a row - you'll see how much cardio is involved in lifting!)

I have tried to deem Thursday as "Beautiful Thigh Thursday" on my wall in an effort to get my fellow girly friends on here to love and embrace their thighs. To see that they don't need to be 18" and thin to be hot. The only way you are going to love on your thighs is to start SPEAKING IT OUT instead of putting them down. And do work. Lots of work. They'll reward you, but it won't be overnight so be patient. Encourage your friends with kind words when they have the courage to bare an area of their body that often comes under intense scrutiny.

Ladies who love their thighs - please share your gams here so we can show everyone that it's not always about having the "perfect legs" - but the confidence you walk out in those legs is way more attractive then body hating. :flowerforyou:

23" right here baby!
    IMG_3696-1.jpg

Awesome. We have very similar looking legs (I'd post a pic, but I'm at work, and dropping my pants might be a little awkward). Good on you. I'm learning to love mine. I've always been self-conscious, since I'm a horseback rider, they are pretty big, but not jiggly. Good reminder to not obsess the way I typically do.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    I used to be happy with my thighs, until someone said I had thighs that could feed a third would nation, suddenly I felt very self-concious about them. Funnily enough that was after I'd lost about 30lbs and was a healthy weight, no one every said anything like that when I was overweight.

I've lost another 15lbs since then, I think I'm quite happy with them now:

tJ90f86.jpg?1

Maybe I don't need to consider donating my thighs to Africa anymore...
  • Hybrice
    Hybrice Posts: 117 Member
    This thread got me kicked into the spare room for the night.....Worth it.
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    BUMP! FIT THIGHS ROCK