Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this thread? :noway:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I love my thighs! Really nothing to be insecure about though-mine aren't particularly large or muscular.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Happy beautiful thigh Thursday MFP! Show 'em some love!
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i agree! some people like myself just can't get those model-skinny legs because i am not built like that. i have a very muscular/athletic build and the majority of my muscles are in my back and legs. the ONLY time i was able to get those model skinny legs was when i has severe post-partum depression and basically didn't eat for 2yrs..i was skin and bones and SO unhealthy that people i knew didn't even recognize me and would walk right by me on the street!

i LOVE how strong my thighs are. my quads pop out and it may make my legs look "thick" but they are strong and i love them.

2af4a42e-a4c3-4267-855b-7764bfd74f05_zps3dafbcdc.jpg

the photo on the left is me in 2009 and weighed 108lbs; i was at the height of my depression. i haven't been 108lbs since i was in grade 9.

the photo on the right was taken last year october. i had been successfully treated 2yrs prior and got my *kitten* back in gear with regards to fitness and health. that was taken after a 6-7K run.

PEOPLE: LOVE YOUR BODY!!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am REALLY trying! I have had them made fun of so much it is a real struggle with me.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thank you for creating this post :)!!!!!!! Love love love it . I am a recovering thigh hater , I used to get made fun of but you know what I've realized ? I took tap , hiphop, soccer , basketball, and horse back riding. No wonder my thighs are so powerful! I'm not gonna be a stick with that as a child . I will post a love for my thighs pic a little later today :) I love being able to hold yoga poses and do deadlifts and squats with them :)!
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    There! my thighs are in my profile pic 22 inches and im 5'3 :)
  • MommaSpunk
    MommaSpunk Posts: 113
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS... I want to lose weight in a lot of places but oddly.. I never have wanted to lose much in my legs as a whole. Something about my legs as a whole says woman to me, not girl. I want strong able legs..Curves!

I'm tired of reading threads from ladies complaining about their thighs. Stop berating your legs and speaking such nastiness over them. They are *not* disgusting. They are not ugly, hideous, awful, etc just because they don't look like some supermodel's legs. You are a woman....not a 14 year old girl. As your body matures you develop curves in areas like your thighs, booty, hips, and boobs. How come people are okay with developing curves in their boobs but hate on their thighs? Gotta balance it out - and most men loooove a nice womanly figure. Amirite?

Thighs come in all shapes and sizes. Hello, my name is Jen and I am a recovering thigh-hater. Through the support and love of my MFP crew, I've learned to see my thighs for what they are - strong, shapely, and worthy of admiration! But I didn't get these thighs from sitting on my butt and complaining about them. It took a whole lotta squats, lunges, deadlifts, and jumping to begin transforming them from 26" of sloppy, fatty thighs to 23" of strong, muscular thighs. (I'm not a runner, I hate traditional cardio work...and if you do enough squats in a row - you'll see how much cardio is involved in lifting!)

I have tried to deem Thursday as "Beautiful Thigh Thursday" on my wall in an effort to get my fellow girly friends on here to love and embrace their thighs. To see that they don't need to be 18" and thin to be hot. The only way you are going to love on your thighs is to start SPEAKING IT OUT instead of putting them down. And do work. Lots of work. They'll reward you, but it won't be overnight so be patient. Encourage your friends with kind words when they have the courage to bare an area of their body that often comes under intense scrutiny.

Ladies who love their thighs - please share your gams here so we can show everyone that it's not always about having the "perfect legs" - but the confidence you walk out in those legs is way more attractive then body hating. :flowerforyou:

23" right here baby!
    IMG_3696-1.jpg
  • MommaSpunk
    MommaSpunk Posts: 113
    Options
    I want your jACKET!!!

Im terribly in love with my own legs, heres an older photo >.<

5843735_orig.jpg
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    2jb06tf.jpg

This was a while ago, and they don't look like this now, but I hope to get back there!
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Mine get better looking as I get older and more fit ... 67 year old thighs!

photo27-Copy_zps7ab551f9.jpg
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Mine is a work in progress..but I love them just the same! :-)
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options

Wow they are FANTASTIC!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

They are gorgeous Katie! I hope that by the time I reach 67 mine are a fit as yours are!! I'm working on 'em and I still have 6 years to get there!

You encourage me!! Thanks for posting!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    4c1d4011-6850-4158-9c0b-4aaede74eb12_zpsc84b74a1.jpg

1st Bikini shot for Spring...a work in progress..Getting closer to my goal...
    Julian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs..for these thighs
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Dizzle girl I love your thighs! In fact everyone who has posted here is bloody awesome!

I have very muscly legs, especially my thighs. I'm pretty proud of the amount of muscle I have on them...... if only I didn't have about 4 inch of extra flab on them I would post pics! Am pretty sure I will love them when I get closer to my goal weight (about another 40+ lbs)

ditto... minus the very muscly part. They're getting there though, deadlifted 110 today so underneath that jiggly stuff, I know there's muscle!

but if you post yours now, I'll post mine.

I completely missed this post! Ok I will see what I can do tonight :)
  • deeruns
    deeruns Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bumb for this week.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Dizzle girl I love your thighs! In fact everyone who has posted here is bloody awesome!

I have very muscly legs, especially my thighs. I'm pretty proud of the amount of muscle I have on them...... if only I didn't have about 4 inch of extra flab on them I would post pics! Am pretty sure I will love them when I get closer to my goal weight (about another 40+ lbs)

ditto... minus the very muscly part. They're getting there though, deadlifted 110 today so underneath that jiggly stuff, I know there's muscle!

but if you post yours now, I'll post mine.

I completely missed this post! Ok I will see what I can do tonight :)

I posted! Your turn!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    5D0B5CB9-8995-461D-B72D-854BDD94D030-1514-0000013A8A981592_zps33085f9d.jpg

Thighs in sparkly plastic flares. Because reasons
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Need to figure out posting pics on threads but profile pic has thighs in tight red jeans which I would never have thought about wearing before, I am finally growing to love my thighs as I approach my 46th birthday, what a shame we are taught to hate our bodies so that the 'beauty' industry can make billions out of our misery when all you really need is a barbell and plates