Dog food diet?

Options

Replies

• SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My dogs eat what I eat. Grain, meat, veggies. So I guess they are on the "people food diet". It looks a little better on them than it does on me....
  • Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Is this serious? :ohwell:

I have heard of the baby food diet, sounds more tasty than dog food tbh... Or just eat healthy normal food?
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    it really wasnt that bad....but my neighbors started complaining about me crapping out in the yard!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Oooh! I love these crazy get skinny quick schemes.

I'd say go for it. BUT if you do... make sure you account for all those calories in your chapstick & lip gloss, too!!!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had any success losing weight and eating their dog's food? The macros are broken down pretty good.

I think eating dog food would be worse than mcdonalds. Have you read the crap in dog food? "chicken BY PRODUCT" "corn" NO WAY. I have 4 dogs and while i dont have tons of money in the world, i do feed them the best food i can afford with by product and corn in it....yuck!

What? You can't afford better food for your dog... just feed your dog what you eat! silly. Or buy cheaper cuts of meat and bones from your butcher. Better yet, go shoot a deer once in awhile, or catch some fish! Dogs are omnivores, like us, and are perfectly capable of eating fresh (and raw) food. Corn and by-products? Not for me or my dogs.

Oh sure, go shoot a deer...That sounds like a lovely brave thing to do. Go shoot a gorgeous, majestic, fabulous, unarmed deer, mutilate it and feed it to the animal you do care about. Appalling.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Those dog biscuits do look pretty darn tasty.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    We feed our dog very high quality, human-grade food, but still, NO.

One of my neighbors growing up (she was 8 or 9 at the time) used to come over and eat food out of both our dog's and cat's bowl. Just so gross. It was many years later that I learned that one of the major flavoring agents in dog food is rendered grease from those dumpster than sit out behind restaurants. Wrong in so many ways...

I always wondered why we had to save that grease when i worked in fast food.... hmm.... :noway:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I'd say go for it. BUT if you do... make sure you account for all those calories in your chapstick & lip gloss, too!!!

I just subtract six pounds everytime I get on the scale as the "six pounds of lipstick ingested by women."
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    My brother ate milk bones one time... apparently they're not really bacon flavor. D:
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I hear if you stay on this diet too long you will start barking when you try to talk.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    No I haven't tried it. But last year some of my Nutrisystems entrees could pass for dog food... Only just a select few of those. My husband did eat a dog treat cookie once. The Petsco dog-bakery-bar has a pretty nice carob chip cookie. They smell just like a real chips ahoy.. And Brent ate at least half of the cookie. Said it was good. :laugh:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    My brother ate milk bones one time... apparently they're not really bacon flavor. D:
    Lol, my brother tried one as well. Apparently they're drier than crackers :P
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Is this serious? :ohwell:

I have heard of the baby food diet, sounds more tasty than dog food tbh... Or just eat healthy normal food?

When is the last time you tried baby food. Yeeeeuck
  • MadelineTaylah
    Options
    Can't tell if serious or joking...

Hahaha, me neither.. >.>
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options

I just subtract six pounds everytime I get on the scale as the "six pounds of lipstick ingested by women."

Zackly...

A pre weigh-in makeup fast usually helps.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I really hope this is a sarastic / joke thread.

The thought of eating my dogs food makes me feel ill! Doggy on the other hand, he loves the stuff!!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I use to feed my sister cat food when she was little, told her it was candy.... But she's always managed to stay relatively slim so I guess the jokes on me...
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU TROLOLOLING?
  • Blondie_05
    Options
    Yes, actually. I believe the way it works is to keep dry kibble in your pockets and eat a bit whenever you get hungry? Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital doing this.

...Then again, I was too busy sitting on the side of the road licking my own *kitten* to notice the car coming.

Come on, really? I'm sorry to be so judgmental, but there's PLENTY of healthy food out there that you can lose weight while eating. DOG food is meant for DOGS, not people.

My thoughts exactly!
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Come on, really? I'm sorry to be so judgmental, but there's PLENTY of healthy food out there that you can lose weight while eating. DOG food is meant for DOGS, not people.
    Aw sweetheart....