Dog food diet?

Options

Replies

• carolmsb
    carolmsb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My husband is always really jealous of the crunchy food and treats my dog gets. I'm going to suggest this to him. Do you think it might cause any side effects like barking or asking for his belly to be rubbed? Will I need to get him a leash and collar?

:laugh:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yes, actually. I believe the way it works is to keep dry kibble in your pockets and eat a bit whenever you get hungry? Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital doing this.

...Then again, I was too busy sitting on the side of the road licking my own *kitten* to notice the car coming.

Come on, really? I'm sorry to be so judgmental, but there's PLENTY of healthy food out there that you can lose weight while eating. DOG food is meant for DOGS, not people.

^^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:

My own 2 cents: are you f-ing kidding me?? What the heck is so wrong with some veggies???

They put veggies in dog food, too!
  • toogsmom
    toogsmom Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Seriously???? Is this even real? I think ill stink to just clean eating!!!! My dog also eats rabbit poop out of the back yard, will lick its butt and even eat its own vomit!!! This is a new one for me! Someone please tell me this person isnt serious!!
  • carolmsb
    carolmsb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great News from Frosty Paws-

Frosty Paws is a quick and easy treat that will add interest to your mundane diet. You'll be using simple ingredients that are safe and healthy for you to ingest -- your dog can eat this treat as well. Adjust your recipe, by adding or removing ingredients, based on what you have on hand. Store the ice cream treat in the freezer as a reward when you or your pooch has been extra well-behaved.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had any success losing weight and eating their dog's food? The macros are broken down pretty good.

Is this for real?
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I can't tell if this is serious, the poster is nuts, or if it's a hilarious joke. I'm really hoping the latter however it did make me chuckle because I do eat my birds food! (No, really, not joking.) I feed him this organic ecotrition stuff that has ingredients that are litterally just dried fruit and nuts (no added salt or sugar since birds can't take that) and some bird food pellets thrown into the mix. Some of the nut types are too large for him to eat (he's a sun conure) and he won't touch them (like the pistachios and hazelnuts, they're bigger than his head!). Those nuts are totally mine. I pick them out of the bag before putting in his dish, other wise he'd throw them out onto the floor. Yum! He likes the peanuts though. Fortunately I dislike them so he can keep them. =P

Do I log that as "bird food" or do I log it as the individual nuts? ^.~

Edit: Forgot to add, my grandmother gave my dad dogbones to teeth on when he was a babe. Similarly I ended up having no problems with swiping my dogs milkbones and eating them as a kid. They tasted interesting and were very dry but fun to eat. I stopped though once I found animal hair in them (think horse hair) and began to question just WHAT went into making those...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to GNC or any of the nutrition stores lately....can anybody tell me if they sell humor supplements? Some people seem to be highly deficient.
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    someone once told someone else that i was eating nothing but cat food.
    but as for things ive seen dogs eat:

a whole raw frozen turkey
    red peppers
    apples
    a brandy infused christmas cake (someone forgot to put the tin lid on properly and left it on a low bench, the dog staggered to a corner and felt very sorry for itself for the rest of the day)
    so those and the dogfood?

nah :P
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    devinporter.jpg
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Wtf:noway:
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    yea i have, the taste has grown on me too. now the thought of eating human food makes me nautious
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    yes ive tried it and lost half my body weight in like half an hour. Amazing. just as good as the special k diet
  • firstsip
    Options
    I can't tell if this is serious, the poster is nuts, or if it's a hilarious joke. I'm really hoping the latter however it did make me chuckle because I do eat my birds food! (No, really, not joking.) I feed him this organic ecotrition stuff that has ingredients that are litterally just dried fruit and nuts (no added salt or sugar since birds can't take that) and some bird food pellets thrown into the mix. Some of the nut types are too large for him to eat (he's a sun conure) and he won't touch them (like the pistachios and hazelnuts, they're bigger than his head!). Those nuts are totally mine. I pick them out of the bag before putting in his dish, other wise he'd throw them out onto the floor. Yum! He likes the peanuts though. Fortunately I dislike them so he can keep them. =P

Do I log that as "bird food" or do I log it as the individual nuts? ^.~

Edit: Forgot to add, my grandmother gave my dad dogbones to teeth on when he was a babe. Similarly I ended up having no problems with swiping my dogs milkbones and eating them as a kid. They tasted interesting and were very dry but fun to eat. I stopped though once I found animal hair in them (think horse hair) and began to question just WHAT went into making those...

I enjoy this response.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I heard that a dog food diet can cause certain adverse healthy effects which cause multiple-day hospital stays. Is there any truth to this rumor?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My dog died. :cry:
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Yes, actually. I believe the way it works is to keep dry kibble in your pockets and eat a bit whenever you get hungry? Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital doing this.

...Then again, I was too busy sitting on the side of the road licking my own *kitten* to notice the car coming.

Come on, really? I'm sorry to be so judgmental, but there's PLENTY of healthy food out there that you can lose weight while eating. DOG food is meant for DOGS, not people.

lol..i really don't think she's being serious.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    my dog is pretty plump - so i would guess not
  • firstsip
    Options
    I heard that a dog food diet can cause certain adverse healthy effects which cause multiple-day hospital stays. Is there any truth to this rumor?

OR PERHAPS A DOG FOOD DIET WOULD HAVE PREVENTED IT.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had any success losing weight and eating their dog's food? The macros are broken down pretty good.

I think eating dog food would be worse than mcdonalds. Have you read the crap in dog food? "chicken BY PRODUCT" "corn" NO WAY. I have 4 dogs and while i dont have tons of money in the world, i do feed them the best food i can afford with by product and corn in it....yuck!

What? You can't afford better food for your dog... just feed your dog what you eat! silly. Or buy cheaper cuts of meat and bones from your butcher. Better yet, go shoot a deer once in awhile, or catch some fish! Dogs are omnivores, like us, and are perfectly capable of eating fresh (and raw) food. Corn and by-products? Not for me or my dogs.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

I think eating dog food would be worse than mcdonalds. Have you read the crap in dog food? "chicken BY PRODUCT" "corn" NO WAY. I have 4 dogs and while i dont have tons of money in the world, i do feed them the best food i can afford with by product and corn in it....yuck!

What? You can't afford better food for your dog... just feed your dog what you eat! silly. Or buy cheaper cuts of meat and bones from your butcher. Better yet, go shoot a deer once in awhile, or catch some fish! Dogs are omnivores, like us, and are perfectly capable of eating fresh (and raw) food. Corn and by-products? Not for me or my dogs.

Omnivores can eat corn FYI