Are accents sexy ???

Options
casey882
casey882 Posts: 291 Member
The question I want to ask is are accents sexy ??
Im told mine is but I can't see it if im being honest about it
I say it's the voice that could be sexy not the accent but im told its the accent would like to no what people think on this mabe post ur voice on hear to so we can all hear different voices and accents ??
Anyway here is mine let me no what u think

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=x1pWVFzAv6E

Replies

• RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    it's easier this way http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=x1pWVFzAv6E no need to download

People say accents are sexy, I always get that, even a lesbian wanted to make love to my speaking voice... and I've got inappropriate propositions after having people see me perform.

So yes people does find accents sexy, though yours wasn't sexy for me.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    I don't have a video of me speaking, once I get my new laptop I might start a Vlog, in the meantime

here's a performance from a Cabaret Concert I did last year

• maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    i guess some times it is sexy, sorry i wont lesson to a dudes accent but generally many girls told me that they like my accent
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    British accent is the sexiest thing everrrrrr :love:
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    *purrrs* Accents are terribly sexy. Irish or Scottish accents and whoops! There go my knickers ;)
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Some do tend to make the panties drop.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    No.

Some voices are sexy, that person might or might not have an accent...but in general "accents" aren't sexy.

(none of the above videos were what I would consider a sexy male voice....no offense)
  • drea85an
    drea85an Posts: 130
    Options
    Irish, Scottish, English and I am pretty sold. Other accents, eh. BUt those three are pretty much a win.

*but i didn't listen to either of the videos...
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that most American women can get pretty hung up on a genuine British accent. (I'm not completely immune to the charm, myself:blushing:)

Trust them. When they say your accent is hot, they mean it. :)
  • casey882
    casey882 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Im sure im not alone when I say but it's wrong when some says British accent there's no such thing as a British accent im born and bread in London that makes me a Londoner first then English and British lastly any one can be British once you get a British passport ur British but you born and bread to be English
    I no that no offence ment by the way and no offence taken
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Love your voice - deeper than I expected and yes, quite sexy. Very 'Alfie' sort of accent and I always loved that!
  • RodSuarez
    Options

Im sure im not alone when I say but it's wrong when some says British accent there's no such thing as a British accent im born and bread in London that makes me a Londoner first then English and British lastly any one can be British once you get a British passport ur British but you born and bread to be English
    the way you explained that made you sound like a douche.

Wouldn't it be better to explain there are several different British Accents instead of saying an almost racist - purist and nationalist explanation of being a REAL English Man?
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options

Wouldn't it be better to explain there are several different British Accents instead of saying an almost racist - purist and nationalist explanation of being a REAL English Man?

All he is trying to say: Great Britain is not a country. There are many accents. There is no "British" accent. And even if you say English accent you have to be specific because someone from the north and someone from the south sound completely different...(I am American btw)
  • RodSuarez
    Options

All he is trying to say: Great Britain is not a country. There are many accents. There is no "British" accent. And even if you say English accent you have to be specific because someone from the north and someone from the south sound completely different...(I am American btw)

I know but at least I read it in the wrong way, even with the "no offense" because he probably realized it sounded rude.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I personally find most accents from the UK (particularly English and Australian) to be very sexy on both male and females (and no I'm not bisexual).

I myself was born and raised in New York and am told I have a "New Yawker" accent which is annoying to some but pleasant to others.

Guess it just depends on preference. *Shrugs*
  • runningwoodpecker
    Options
    my husband is South African, I'm British. I find his accent sexy and he finds my accent sexy -WIN WIN :tongue:
  • drea85an
    drea85an Posts: 130
    Options
    OP, you have a very nice voice, you DID come off a little douchey though (especially for someone with so many misspellings, to be correcting someone else's faults) but really, it doesn't matter. They said, I am from New York, Living on the west coast and some people hate my "accent" and some say it is cute.
  • nothing1994
    Options

Im sorry, I was just busy imagining the actual accent in my head haha and i always referred to it as "British" but yeah, I do see your point and understand what you mean.

My apologies everyone.

ENGLISH accent*
  • nothing1994
    Options
    I just meant the accent i typically hear from someone from Britain... If im making any sense lol...

Just disregard my comment since its "offensive"..
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    OP, you have a very nice voice, you DID come off a little douchey though (especially for someone with so many misspellings, to be correcting someone else's faults) but really, it doesn't matter. They said, I am from New York, Living on the west coast and some people hate my "accent" and some say it is cute.

^^ Same here! I never even knew I had an "accent" till I moved South.