Are accents sexy ???

Options

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    My dad had the most amazing deep Texan drawl...it wasn't sexy, obviously cos he was my dad but it was really lovely
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    God yes, some accents will have me drooling and I could so be tempted....
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I get told my accent is unique , it's a mix of Danish, German , English ( south -east) but never sexy.

With that body I doubt you need to talk to be considered sexy...lol
  • crissy_percival
    crissy_percival Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    i love accsents
  • casey882
    casey882 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I was going to say what accent(s) I like, but after the knit-picking about what counts as an accents and what they should properly be referred to... I really don't think my opinion is worth much.

I'm from California born and raised. Many people ask if I'm from the south (Oklahoma, Texas and so on) Also while visiting some northern states, some people thought I was originally from outside the USA because I talk fast and pick up on many different "accents" and sometimes even mimic the persons I am talking to.

There, that's my 2 cents, deal with it.

I think ur option is worth just as much as anyone else's
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    I love men with accents as well. But i do agree the voice is key too
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    British lad here (South Coast to be precise) Apparently my mates say I sound like Ross Kemp (EastEnders, Ross Kemp on Gangs, On Afghanistan etc) but I do a great Hugh Grant voice!

LOL Ross Kemp is one of my fav accents ever!! although Hugh Grant....not so much lol.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Accents are very sexy as long as they don't sound like the super hillbilly twang. Ugh. That is not attractive. Australian, French, English, Irish, etc accents are so sexy.
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I think they are. Unless they are so thick I have trouble understanding them. But yes yes yes!!!!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I assume were talking about accents when someone is speaking American English?

Sorry, British English accent does nothing to me.

I love when French speaking American English, they have this tasty French pronounciation that drives me nuts.

And also I like Arabic accent, specifically Lebanese accent in American English. Or maybe I just like Lebanese men, they're sexy.

And I loooooooooooooove Italian pronounciation, especially Florence or Rome, OMG, so sexy, so high class.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    British accent is the sexiest thing everrrrrr :love:

Well helllllooo :)
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Im sure im not alone when I say but it's wrong when some says British accent there's no such thing as a British accent im born and bread in London that makes me a Londoner first then English and British lastly any one can be British once you get a British passport ur British but you born and bread to be English
    I no that no offence ment by the way and no offence taken
    the way you explained that made you sound like a douche.

Wouldn't it be better to explain there are several different British Accents instead of saying an almost racist - purist and nationalist explanation of being a REAL English Man?

he didnt mean race....we are multi cultured in england we have many races with english accents. im english but my accent is very different im from stoke so i sound...odd lol no one has ever considered a stoke accent sexy....but most of my american friends cant tell the different dialects x
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    From my french-Canadian ears, I find the British accent sexy...:blushing:

I totally hate the European french accent... we, here actually said they speak in "trou-de-cul de poule" ...I'll let you guys figure it out! :laugh:

But I find soooo cute a anglophone trying to speak french! :blushing:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    In my area, the accents are AWFUL!!! .. like, people say 'boxes' as 'baxes'
    It's really bad.. I'm in Cape Breton (NS - Canada)

I love me some Austrailian accents, British too!! mmmm :blushing:
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You think they love my accent cuz I'm from New York?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    What are yinz guys doin' n'at? Quit jaggin' arahnd and grab me a sangitch.

Sexy, ain't I?
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like Italian, French, American and Australian accents a lot! I quite like Scottish too but struggle to understand it sometimes!
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish, I could listen to Scottish men talk all day and night. It actually makes me week at the knees. its ridiculous. and Northern Irish accents are cute enough.
    And related to the British/nationality thing Chris Browne said last week at a concert in Ireland "Dublin is my favorite city in the UK" ...ouch.

this. this is the sexiest sounding man on the planet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_a-eXIoyYA
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Well helllllooo :)
    Simply perfect :bigsmile:

I accept all phone calls. Just sayin :bigsmile:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    What are yinz guys doin' n'at? Quit jaggin' arahnd and grab me a sangitch.

Sexy, ain't I?

Almost as sexy as mine!

Hey you guys, let's go oot and aboot town, you know over there, and get tree (3) beers and some poutine. Fkn eh.