Are accents sexy ???

Options

Replies

• Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I think Irish accents are pretty hot. That, and Australian. Not so much for European or British accents though. Different strokes different folks, but yes they can be.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    British accent is the sexiest thing everrrrrr :love:

Im sure im not alone when I say but it's wrong when some says British accent there's no such thing as a British accent im born and bread in London that makes me a Londoner first then English and British lastly any one can be British once you get a British passport ur British but you born and bread to be English
    I no that no offence ment by the way and no offence taken

Im sorry, I was just busy imagining the actual accent in my head haha and i always referred to it as "British" but yeah, I do see your point and understand what you mean.

My apologies everyone.

ENGLISH accent*

Don't apologize... I think the OP has something in his craw...

If we want to get technical, OP, calling it an English accent is too broad...

Say Mancunian or Liverpudlian... as there are many 'accents' in England.

In other words OP... loosen up your sphincter
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

Im sure im not alone when I say but it's wrong when some says British accent there's no such thing as a British accent im born and bread in London that makes me a Londoner first then English and British lastly any one can be British once you get a British passport ur British but you born and bread to be English
    the way you explained that made you sound like a douche.

Wouldn't it be better to explain there are several different British Accents instead of saying an almost racist - purist and nationalist explanation of being a REAL English Man?

*cat hiss!* I don't want to see any hair-pulling, ladies.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I think it does have more to do with the voice. Julian Sands can say pretty much anything and it's going to be hot, where as Ricky Gervais' voice is about as sexy as Gilbert Gottfried's.
  • Flame073
    Options
    I love accents ...def think they are sexy ! However it is the voice and tone that make it !
  • casey882
    casey882 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

the way you explained that made you sound like a douche.

Wouldn't it be better to explain there are several different British Accents instead of saying an almost racist - purist and nationalist explanation of being a REAL English Man?

All he is trying to say: Great Britain is not a country. There are many accents. There is no "British" accent. And even if you say English accent you have to be specific because someone from the north and someone from the south sound completely different...(I am American btw)

I would just like to say thank u to ihateroses she is right in what she said
    And I would like to point out that im dyslexic so find it hard to write exactly what I mean and the only reason I said no offence was coz I ment no offence and I did want to offend any one for saying British accent I really don't mind being called British in the same way only the English will use the union jack as there flag all the other home nations use there own flags only at any sporting event but that's a whole different post
    I wish now I hadn't pointed out the difference between British and English lol this was ment to be about accents no matter where they come from
  • UltimateMedu
    UltimateMedu Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Some are. I think the sexy thing about accents is the way the mouth/tongue works and creates such a different sound/tone than what we'd usually hear. It's like finding out someone has a unique talent (in many fields - physically, mentally) :P
  • Zoeegirl
    Zoeegirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love accents ...def think they are sexy ! However it is the voice and tone that make it !
    ^^
    this! and think about Sean Connery as James Bond- great voice! Great accent! whew, hot!!!:blushing: :bigsmile:
  • supernaturalfan_91
    Options
    I love accents!!!! Im a sucker for a southern accent though!!!!
  • Heather0123456789
    Options
    Ummmmmmmm........yes! Without a doubt! Accents are definitely sexy to me!!! Yum!!! The deeper the voice, the better ;)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    YES.
    Come at me, American men.
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hiya OP -

I think you're accent is sexy (admittedly I'm a big ol 'mo) but I have always been a fan of the london accent. :)

For everyone else; I have to agree with the what the OP said - there isn't such a thing as a brittish accent, or an english or scottish. I'm from scotland and i have an aberdonian accent, while the rest of my family are glaswegian. Although I do think of myself as Scottish first then British (not that I've given it much thought).

In terms of accents though cause I've moved around so much from scotland to england then about 5 different places in england I have a very much Heinz52 accent because I pick up accents really easily. I'm in Liverpool now (and have been for years) so i think my accent is more Scoustish than anything else lol.
  • daniel7121
    daniel7121 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    YES!!...When they're accompanied by the right voice haha.
  • NaughtyForties
    Options

Simply perfect :bigsmile:
  • shirlandmews
    Options
    I always hear people say that speaking english with a french accent is cute. NO WAY ! I think this is the most awful thing ever. But I guess, they feel the same as I do when I hear a stranger trying to speak french. This is cute, and great that people are trying to speak your language.
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    British lad here (South Coast to be precise) Apparently my mates say I sound like Ross Kemp (EastEnders, Ross Kemp on Gangs, On Afghanistan etc) but I do a great Hugh Grant voice!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I was going to say what accent(s) I like, but after the knit-picking about what counts as an accents and what they should properly be referred to... I really don't think my opinion is worth much.

I'm from California born and raised. Many people ask if I'm from the south (Oklahoma, Texas and so on) Also while visiting some northern states, some people thought I was originally from outside the USA because I talk fast and pick up on many different "accents" and sometimes even mimic the persons I am talking to.

There, that's my 2 cents, deal with it.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    south african here ;) its like a mixture between aussie and briish (apparently)
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I get told my accent is unique , it's a mix of Danish, German , English ( south -east) but never sexy.