Are accents sexy ???

Options

Replies

• Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im probably going to get slated for this but.... American accents annoy me. And its no fault of all the lovely americans, its the fault of an american woman i work with who happens to be the most irritating person in the world so now when i hear the accent i am reminded of how i want to stab myself in the ear. daily. sorry guys! :(

I do love a swedish accent though. Im scottish so scottish, english and irish dont do it for me. :)
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    I love your accent...it is VERY SEXY. And the baritone in it...*grrrowwwwl.*

Certain English/Irish/Scottish accents are a turn off, but that particular one (wish I could remember the name of it) always got me going. ^_^
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I like british and some southern accent.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Im sure im not alone when I say but it's wrong when some says British accent there's no such thing as a British accent im born and bread in London that makes me a Londoner first then English and British lastly any one can be British once you get a British passport ur British but you born and bread to be English. I no that no offence ment by the way and no offence taken

Helpful hint: don't say this to a woman who says your accent is sexy.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Completely depends on the accent. British/Irish/Austrailian/Southern: YES. New York: Not so much...
  • grawrrrr
    Options
    I'm told all the time I've developed a bit of a southern accent since I've lived here, but I DON'T HEAR IT.

I have only 1 video of me on the Internet and it's me being an insane person with a lot of acne. Feel free to try to distinguish my accent!

Just search for OrganicPomegrante on YouTube, I'm being lazy. :)
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I have a liverpool (uk) accent I love love love Irish accents Gerard butler is a,along in ps I love you I wish all Irish men were like that :(
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Customers at work think so, so they prefer to call me rather than send an email. Which is very annoying
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to German accents.
  • myOWNinspiration
    Options
    No
  • KKabo
    KKabo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I first met my husband I thought his accent was super sexy(he has a english accent) but now Im use to it. and I lhave lived in the uk for 3 years so it starts sounding normal. On the flip side people find my voice 'appealing' albeit from brits or americans. But all in all its a preference thing.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    No, nothing ruins sex like talking
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love a good accent to. But the tone of voice does it more for me.

I'm pretty accent neutral as far as American accents go. Here: http://youtu.be/dmY6JAzrK3U
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    British accent is the sexiest thing everrrrrr :love:

Im sure im not alone when I say but it's wrong when some says British accent there's no such thing as a British accent im born and bread in London that makes me a Londoner first then English and British lastly any one can be British once you get a British passport ur British but you born and bread to be English
    I no that no offence ment by the way and no offence taken
    the way you explained that made you sound like a douche.

Wouldn't it be better to explain there are several different British Accents instead of saying an almost racist - purist and nationalist explanation of being a REAL English Man?

Yep, sounded like a douche. I'm Irish, I'm not going to say I have an 'Irish' accent as there are MANY Irish accents county to county...Is there only one American accent? No, even within the South there are loads of different accents. Anyway, to add my two cents I don't find your accent attractive OP. Just personally I don't.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    yes... my bf is spanish. sexy as heck!

when he's not pissed off at me that is :)
  • grawrrrr
    Options
    Yeah, I love a good accent to. But the tone of voice does it more for me.

I'm pretty accent neutral as far as American accents go. Here: http://youtu.be/dmY6JAzrK3U

You had me cracking up!!

Yeah, very neutral. You two are adorable btw!
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Ughhh there's nothing worse than quiet sex !!!!!!!!!!
  • grawrrrr
    Options

Ughhh there's nothing worse than quiet sex !!!!!!!!!!

^ THIS!!!!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Maybe a person with an accent. Not just an accent alone though.

Canadian accents are definitely NOT sexy
    I don't think I'd care what she sounded like if someone like Dani was sayin it to me don't cha know.....\m/

You're the best, eh! :drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I love accents in general. I love hearing the different ways people pronounce their words, the way the sounds roll off the tongue. I do tend to be a language chameleon though... If I spend enough time with someone, I find myself starting to mimic certain words - not intentionally, it just happens.

Variety is the spice of life! Keep it spicy!

OP - I do like your accent.