Are accents sexy ???

Options

Replies

• ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    yes. to me, speaking another language is evidence of intelligence, knowledge about another culture, their food, etc and that's all very sexy to me.
  • AndiNorwich
    Options
    My husband is from Edinburgh and has migrated to the states for his wife (grin). When he lays on his Scottish Brogue, everyone around him just stops and listens.....and drools. lol
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    yes, accents are so sexy!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah.
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Canadian accents are definitely NOT sexy

WHAT! :cry: :brokenheart:
  • nothing1994
    Options
    Im sure im not alone when I say but it's wrong when some says British accent there's no such thing as a British accent im born and bread in London that makes me a Londoner first then English and British lastly any one can be British once you get a British passport ur British but you born and bread to be English. I no that no offence ment by the way and no offence taken

Helpful hint: don't say this to a woman who says your accent is sexy.

Haha i was kinda shocked that after complimenting the accent, i get bashed for it kinda haha
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do enjoy a good accent I must admit. A nice nordie accent (Northern Ireland) is lubbly, as are some Scottish accents (as long as I can understand them)

I have a bogger Irish accent - I think it's horrendous :laugh:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Canadian accents are definitely NOT sexy

So disagree ;)
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    YES. The Welsh accent, oh my god. I have an Irish accent (dublin) and I don't find any Irish accents sexy
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Northern English accents....Derbyshire to be exact. Mercy.
  • Miss_dannii
    Options
    Im sure im not alone when I say but it's wrong when some says British accent there's no such thing as a British accent im born and bread in London that makes me a Londoner first then English and British lastly any one can be British once you get a British passport ur British but you born and bread to be English. I no that no offence ment by the way and no offence taken

I love you. I'm not even 'British' lol but I HATE when people say that, oh I love the British accent! Eh there's no such thing love. English, Welsh and Scottish and N.I accents are so different from each other.. so pick one!! It's the same with how people in America say they are going to Europe.. WTF! Do you know how many countries are in Europe!!
  • Miss_dannii
    Options
    I do enjoy a good accent I must admit. A nice nordie accent (Northern Ireland) is lubbly, as are some Scottish accents (as long as I can understand them)

I have a bogger Irish accent - I think it's horrendous :laugh:

Where in the shticks are you from Jen - I've always had a dub accent (a nice one though not a nackery one lol) and I'm living in Kildare 5 years and hear myself sometimes with a bit of a Naas accent coming out, certain words like road and baby... haha
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

I love you. I'm not even 'British' lol but I HATE when people say that, oh I love the British accent! Eh there's no such thing love. English, Welsh and Scottish and N.I accents are so different from each other.. so pick one!! It's the same with how people in America say they are going to Europe.. WTF! Do you know how many countries are in Europe!!

whew! i'm glad we got this out of the way. it also drives me nuts when people say "american accent" there's no such thing! southern accent, boston accent, new york accent, valley girl, midwestern, long island, etc. they're all different!
  • Miss_dannii
    Options

whew! i'm glad we got this out of the way. it also drives me nuts when people say "american accent" there's no such thing! southern accent, boston accent, new york accent, valley girl, midwestern, long island, etc. they're all different!

I suppose it's the same with everywhere. People say they like the Irish accent, I'm from Dublin and if you heard me next to someone from Cork for example, you'd think we were from different countries. Ireland's tiny but each county has it's own accent, and they're all quite different!
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person, but in general I like Scottish accents (not Glaswegian, they say the letter J like "jai" ) London accents, some American accents (just not an overly squeaky and nasal Boston accent) and east European accents. Accents I don't find as attractive are Canadian and South African. I work in a call centre so I have heard a lot of different accents. People normally consider me reserved due to my own quiet, well spoken English accent.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My husband is from Edinburgh and has migrated to the states for his wife (grin). When he lays on his Scottish Brogue, everyone around him just stops and listens.....and drools. lol

mmm... I'll bet! :love:
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    3 accents do it for me:

Boston - "I paahked the kaaah at Haahv'd yaahd" is probably the hottest thing anyone can ever say around me.

Southern accents - one of my closest friends is from Atlanta. She mostly sounds non-regional, but when tipsy, she sounds soooo cute!

Afrikaans accents - I just love it when an Afrikaner speaks English. It arrr sooo saxy. Vey mix veir two tales so deliciously it make me quiverrr rrrrraait herrr in my jean pant.

I sound mostly South African, but when I'm tipsy or tired, my words are tinged with Bristol. Quite annoying actually.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I apparently have a Boston accent, though I don't think it's that strong, but other people do...
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Where in the shticks are you from Jen - I've always had a dub accent (a nice one though not a nackery one lol) and I'm living in Kildare 5 years and hear myself sometimes with a bit of a Naas accent coming out, certain words like road and baby... haha

I'm from Meeeeed but I've lived in Dublin for nearly 10 years now. Still have a whopper bogger accent but I do come out with some Dub words... like whopper :D

I used to live with a fella from Cork and another from SoCo Dublin (loike, y'know!). We had an American girl live with us also for a few months and she just couldn't tell the difference between our accents at all. I could hardly understand the fella from Cork but she couldn't differentiate between us at all.
  • nothing1994
    Options

I suppose it's the same with everywhere. People say they like the Irish accent, I'm from Dublin and if you heard me next to someone from Cork for example, you'd think we were from different countries. Ireland's tiny but each county has it's own accent, and they're all quite different!

Chillax I was generalizing.

I'm not from there so many of the accents sound the same to me. Holy crap lol