Are accents sexy ???

Options

Replies

• TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I apparently have a Boston accent, though I don't think it's that strong, but other people do...

Uhm, did you say Boston?

Hiiiiiiiiiii...
  • ashleyhacker
    Options
    Asian accents make mah panties drop :love: :blushing:
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    From my french-Canadian ears, I find the British accent sexy...:blushing:

I totally hate the European french accent... we, here actually said they speak in "trou-de-cul de poule" ...I'll let you guys figure it out! :laugh:

But I find soooo cute a anglophone trying to speak french! :blushing:

T'sais, Merci! Toujours sympa d'entendre ça. :noway:
    Don't worry, we think the French-Canadian accent is ... "sharmant". :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGH0MP3m0cA

Germans seem to like the French accent (which I can't get rid off, but French is my 3rd language)
    In English, I have a Nor Cal American accent - can't always win...
    LOL no offence =P I am just saying out loud what some wont.... BTW Europeans can say worst about our french accent =P
  • LaLouve_RK
    Options
    Maybe a person with an accent. Not just an accent alone though.

Canadian accents are definitely NOT sexy
    We have an accent? :indifferent:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I've often got comments on mine. A strange mix of Southeast London, Devon and a little touch of Australia (Grew up watching/imitating Steve Irwin). Some have said sexy, most have just asked where dafuq it was from.
  • LaLouve_RK
    Options
    Im sure im not alone when I say but it's wrong when some says British accent there's no such thing as a British accent im born and bread in London that makes me a Londoner first then English and British lastly any one can be British once you get a British passport ur British but you born and bread to be English. I no that no offence ment by the way and no offence taken

I love you. I'm not even 'British' lol but I HATE when people say that, oh I love the British accent! Eh there's no such thing love. English, Welsh and Scottish and N.I accents are so different from each other.. so pick one!! It's the same with how people in America say they are going to Europe.. WTF! Do you know how many countries are in Europe!!

FYI
    We dont live in the UK... WE CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE! Like you wouldn't tell the difference between Montreal, Iles de la madeleine, Gatineau and Quebec accents, but WE can.
    Before going on panic mode on futile stuff.. think "WHY?".....
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

Thanks .......just thanks... :grumble:
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I'm British and I live in SoCal. Here everyone live my 'British accent'. But when I call friends and family in the UK they tell me that I sound fairly American.

**sigh**
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    Accents are sexy depending on the accent and also the vocal quality of the person speaking. For instance, you could have a beautiful Scottish accent but if you speak in a high nasal voice, not sexy. I find most accents in America to be annoying (and I'm American). If you're from America, I prefer a general lack of accent because it sounds more educated. As for people from across the world, English, Welsh, Irish, Scottish, Latin American, African, Jamaican, etc... these are extremely sexy as long as I can also understand what you're saying. I think the reason foreign accents are so sexy is because they are an enigma. So, yes, as long as you have a nice vocal tone to go with the accent, I say super sexy.
  • J_Kohler_2
    J_Kohler_2 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Accents are sexy depending on the accent and also the vocal quality of the person speaking. For instance, you could have a beautiful Scottish accent but if you speak in a high nasal voice, not sexy. I find most accents in America to be annoying (and I'm American). If you're from America, I prefer a general lack of accent because it sounds more educated. As for people from across the world, English, Welsh, Irish, Scottish, Latin American, African, Jamaican, etc... these are extremely sexy as long as I can also understand what you're saying. I think the reason foreign accents are so sexy is because they are an enigma. So, yes, as long as you have a nice vocal tone to go with the accent, I say super sexy.

@ lilong I'm Betting anything that comes out of your mouth is sexy!

but I have a terrible weakness for British and Australian accents..
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm from Kentucky and I have my accent but my husband thinks it is sexy and that is all that matters to me:love:
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Only if the person sporting it is sexy. Period.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I'm going to go cry in my poutine now... wearing my toque and mittens...
  • MrJase
    MrJase Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Accents are definately sexy!! Although I'm from southwest England so my accent is a mix of farmer and a hobbit from the shire! Ooosh! :)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Accents are ONLY sexy if you can STILL understand the person speaking.

When it crosses from OOOOOHHH YEAH speak to me honey! to What? What did you say? it stops being sexy.

I don't have an accent. I'm Canadian.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Canadian accents are sexy, so are Icelandic ones and several others. but it's important to know that Canadian accents are nothing but sexy
  • ironanimal
    Options

When it crosses from OOOOOHHH YEAH speak to me honey! to What? What did you say? it stops being sexy.

Yes. Yes you do.
  • penrbrown
    Options

Yes. Yes you do.

No. No I don't.
  • penrbrown
    Options
    Canadian accents are sexy, so are Icelandic ones and several others. but it's important to know that Canadian accents are nothing but sexy

:P
  • ironanimal
    Options

Yes. Yes you do.

No. No I don't.
    I promise you, you do :P At least, I can hear it in a Canadian's voice.