Dumbest thing you pretended to like for your SO

Options

Replies

• RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Twilight series of movies and read the books so we could discuss them. I'm sure they're fine, but I found the books too long on detail, too anti-climatic and only the lat movie was very interesting to me.

But in all fairness, she goes to a lot of movies I'm sure are not all that great to her.

Small tangible proof we love each other.:laugh:
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    his sister
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I dont.. i refuse to. He knows who I am, that's why he married me. He is his own person with his own views. He doesn't pretend to like crap i like either, or so i think.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Managing his band
    His version of sweet tea
    his stir fry chinese mess
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Twilight series of movies and read the books so we could discuss them. I'm sure they're fine, but I found the books too long on detail, too anti-climatic and only the lat movie was very interesting to me.

But in all fairness, she goes to a lot of movies I'm sure are not all that great to her.

Small tangible proof we love each other.:laugh:

That's the thing! Right there. You can say: I don't like it... and yet still go with your SO because you love them and want to spend time with them.

It's like a fellow going to the theater despite hating it (live theater of course).
    Or the girl going to a hockey game despite hating it.

You don't pretend to like it but you can still suck it up and go anyway.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I didn't pretend to like something but when I told my now husband I liked hockey he took it to mean I was freaking obsessed with it like him. Now don't get me wrong, I love going to games (my team),, I like watching it on tv as well, but he seemed to think when I said I liked hockey that meant I wanted to watch every game and follow the stats of every single team and player in the NHL and their farm teams.... Uhhhh no... He did the same thing when I said I didn't mind micheal Jackson, and by dont mind I mean like 3 or 4 songs not every retarded thing that weirdo ever made... *sigh*
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I pretended to like the drinking and blaring of music...every.damned.weekend.

THIS!!!!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    His mother

Aughhhh hahahahahaaaaa! Me too, me too! ...And his sister....and his brother... But turns out they were all pretending to like me back, so I don't feel the least bit bad about it. :)
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

Gangbang style has an anti-american (whose views inevitably changed since making 7+mill off us) Chinese "rap' star whose just as catchy and untalented as bieber, beyonce, and any other 'mainstream' solo artists who pretend they write thier own stuff.
    Not all Asians are Chinese...he's Korean. It helps to be accurate when pouting.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I pretended to like his roommate when we first met....that guy was such a JERK! I was secretly happy when they fell out and my bf moved out :-)))
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

Gangbang style has an anti-american (whose views inevitably changed since making 7+mill off us) Chinese "rap' star whose just as catchy and untalented as bieber, beyonce, and any other 'mainstream' solo artists who pretend they write thier own stuff.
    Not all Asians are Chinese...he's Korean. It helps to be accurate when pouting.

I was ill informed, please, for assurance, let me know if it was North or South that produced him. Also, correct me on my splelling next time I make a mistake two.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I was ill informed,
    Nooooo...really.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    his mustache tattoo on his arm :huh:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Working on cars. sweetie-i love you, and i love the mustangs. however-when you tell short armed me to tiptoe and hold battery cables on a RUNNING CAR with a fan that eats jackets so you can yank that battery out and put in a different one.....
    All while yelling frantically "DONT LET THE WIRES TOUCH METAL!" LIKE IM TALL ENOUGH TO HELP IT-

I will have a meltdown.

also-i dont care how nonchalant you are-if flames shoot out of the car in any direction-im going inside.

now-ill help pull a transmission or rev the motor on command, and ill tune the carb.

but he faked liking horses. until he realized i have one-and shes a snuggler.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sex and the City series (well not really, that actually works well enough I actually like it now).

Yeah I like it too, no homo

This is hilarious. My boyfriend used to HATE when I watched Sex and the City, now he always casually shows up when I'm watching it and he gets sucked in. He's done that with a few of my "girl" TV shows.:laugh:

Speaking of TV, the thing I've pretended to like for him was How I Met Your Mother. Good lord I hate that show!!!!:explode:
  • sweetgrasswoman
    sweetgrasswoman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Old War Movies, or series like "The Unit"...I could watch once in awhile but not every evening. I also hated talking about it after we finished the movie or episode LOL
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    His kid. I'm really bad at pretending. Hense, past significant other.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Sex and the City series (well not really, that actually works well enough I actually like it now).

This is hilarious. My boyfriend used to HATE when I watched Sex and the City, now he always casually shows up when I'm watching it and he gets sucked in. He's done that with a few of my "girl" TV shows.:laugh:

Speaking of TV, the thing I've pretended to like for him was How I Met Your Mother. Good lord I hate that show!!!!:explode:

haha my boyfriend used to hate sex and the city, but now he loves it, he even asked if we can watch the second film last week :p
  • fatboymax
    Options
    _n_l

Hahahah. WIN!

Come on, guys. I can't be the only on who understood this...?

I understood it... i just am just laughing too hard!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

I do this now with Greys Anatomy and teen mom, UGG