Rude/mean people on here

Options

Replies

• tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I personally have posted many questions and always got great responses. The only reason I know people are being mean on this site is because someone posts a thread like this. It sucks that it's happening and that some of you are not getting the support you deserve.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Please cite examples of how Im this bch that terrorizes new people.
    We have security footage.

tumblr_me9b29wn4j1qzwh14o4_250.gif

again.. im obviously the blonde on the bottom.

May i please be the one on top?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I personally have posted many questions and always got great responses. The only reason I know people are being mean on this site is because someone posts a thread like this. It sucks that it's happening and that some of you are not getting the support you deserve.

Same here! Although I always use Google first. But when I have asked questions, I've always gotten good answers. No one has ever been mean to me for asking a question.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    gif or git out
    1906815_o.gif

omg a Snuffbox .gif
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Seconded. See you in June.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

Seconded. See you in June.

YES! Bring it ON!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    The first time I posted a question on here I got some very nice people who tried to help but............I got way more of people being smarmy and rude and they just kept posting and posting and posting. I guess they thought they were funny. I finally posted a "Thank You" for all the help hoping to put a stop to the rude remarks, but a few few people just kept on and on and on. I will NEVER post a question or ask for help again on any of the Community Boards.
    I WILL however post a reply now and then hoping it helps someone.

were you asking how to drink water? :tongue: just curious! hahahaa

no, she thought she needed to replace real milk with fake milk to lose weight and the "rude" people were just saying "drink milk if you miss it". It was a VERY mild and tame thread. Nothing close to what I would call snarky, rude, or anything...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/774791-anything-better-than-almond-milk
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    You forgot "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." That's always in thesr threads. The ones that happen every frekin day.

Haven't read any of the rest of the thread but this is how it ALWAYS plays out :

The other thing that happens is that the Sunshine Brigade starts attacking harshly anyone who disagrees. And then someone finds the thread with mild criticism of the "be nice" OP and we all see that OP was in fact in the wrong.

There. Do we have to continue?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    The first time I posted a question on here I got some very nice people who tried to help but............I got way more of people being smarmy and rude and they just kept posting and posting and posting. I guess they thought they were funny. I finally posted a "Thank You" for all the help hoping to put a stop to the rude remarks, but a few few people just kept on and on and on. I will NEVER post a question or ask for help again on any of the Community Boards.

no, she thought she needed to replace real milk with fake milk to lose weight and the "rude" people were just saying "drink milk if you miss it". It was a VERY mild and tame thread. Nothing close to what I would call snarky, rude, or anything...

Oh, damn, that's it?!? I've had my *kitten* handed to me on the boards, I must be a glutton for punishment because not only do I keep coming back for more, but I'm mfp's with some of those people. It must have something to do with my snarky, sarcastic nature and dry sense of humor because mostly I thought it was hilarious. I've received a wealth of knowledge on here by simply laughing when I think something's funny and asking for clarifying points when I'm confused. You think this place is drama? You should try going onto a parenting site and start a post about breast feeding vs bottle feeding. Man this place is TAME!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I just read this thread. How was it bad? People just started questioning why cut out milk at all...not going to get into the thread issues, but yeah - I don't see anything really that bad.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Are you referring to the milk post?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Thank you for changing the human race. No one has thought of this tactic before. Ask and it shall be done.

Thanks, but I don't intend on changing the human race. Those idiots will still be around :)

Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on this site.

Calling people idiots? Hypocrite

This. ^^
  • brandtsw
    Options
    I totally agree with you....thank you for sharing
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    In a world where *kitten* and Viva La Bam are considered humor, , , where abusing others is not only acceptable, but encouraged, I doubt we'll be able to eliminate rude or mean people. All we can do is be responsible for what WE do and say. Disregarding or not responding to those that think it is acceptable behavior. There I said it. Now let them take their shots at me!!! I can take it.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I don't know, even angry, hungry, or ignorant people should have thier say. Everyone cant live in rainbow land at the same time. When I post something here I simply laugh my *kitten* off at the "mean/rude" comments....then again, I have never had a problem laughing at myself either.
  • tobeftmom
    Options
    Agree with OP
  • Lilleo08
    Options
    I agree as well! Today is the first time I've actually been on the message boards and it was ridiculous!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Sadly, there are a lot of people that use the internet that seem to have nothing but time on their hands to make sarcastic/nasty comments to other people.

These people hide behind the anonymity of their computers...what is more sad is that `they` probably in the real world are a little sad and friendless and find internet bullying/trolling is the way to improve their own status in their `own world`

But there have been many posts on MFP with the same question and ultimately they fall into `popcorn n bacon` that is that the threads attract the very type of person that you don`t want to attract.

If the world was a nice place we wouldn`t have wars.

You can always click on the `ignore` feature to not have to read some of the more `unsavoury` replies
    That's right! Stop anonymously and meanly calling people names and insulting people, you sad friendless pathetic unsavory bullies! We have to be nice to each other! So agree with me and stop being such d-bags!!!
  • rmohle
    rmohle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I think this post needs to be made.
    Cause you know, no one's ever made this post before. Ever. You are the first. Congratulations.