over-200-club-new-year-new-body-part-7

Options

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Awestfall -- congratulations on seeing the scale move in the right direction! I know the feeling -- I was a grinning fool standing on the scale this morning. :laugh:

About your daughter -- can you invite her boyfriend over for dinner? I know it will be a horrible awkward scenario, but it may illuminate the situation for everyone involved.

I broke up with a pretty great guy to date an older POS when I was her age. After that POS, I dated an even bigger (and older) POS. And then I just pretty much stopped dating and fell in love with one of my best guy friends for 5-6 years. I'm glad I never pursued him because as much as I still love him, he's a pretty big POS too, just in a different way. :laugh: Then I fell in love with my bf a year before we started dating. He's both a fantastic guy and a pos at the same time. :tongue: Maybe I'm not the person to talk to about this. :laugh:
    Thanks Fot the advice jbl!!! I just thing she is making the wrong choice with him and we had a heart to heart last night and I think I may have got her thinking about why she is really dating him.On a good note I lost 1.2 pounds this morning.And my wii workout is killer I am so sore today.But its a good sore.I think I found exercise that I actually enjoy!! We got the new game JUST DANCE and that is a big time workout on the Wii.I probably would have seen a bigger loss this morning if I hadn't ate a honey bun after my workout but I know it will drop in a few days because of water retention.I think I am finally getting a hold on things.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Ugh you guys, I gained a pound since last week. Fail. Though I'm pretty sure its just water, my body fat analyser said I've lost 0.6% of my fat, but we'll see once the water goes away.

I've noticed since I weigh every day that my weight fluxuates in a really distinct pattern...I'll crash down to an extremely low weight then bounce up again high, then come down and hover for a few days, then I'll have another crash, and the process starts all over again. Has anyone else noticed a similar pattern in their weight loss? If I see the number 246.6 on my scale again I think I'm going to go nuts! (I've weighed that for like, 5 days in a row)
    My weight does this too!! Give it time and it will start moving down again.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice gals.My daughter and I had a heart to heart and I told her how I feel and how much I love her and just want her to be happy.I told her the decision was hers to make about whether or not to keep dating him(the POS:laugh: :laugh:) but I would still be here for her if she needed me.I told her she was worth so much more and deserved way better than him and I couldn't understand why she didn't see that.I told her I only want what is best for her.On a good note I lost 1.2 pounds this morning and I am going to spend the entire day with my sister without children tagging along.MY hubby is babysitting !!!
  • tiger12gal
    tiger12gal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I went over on my cals yesterday.. :noway: That was mainly bc I apparently planned to take the kids to eat with my grandma. Sometimes I think she makes stuff up.:ohwell: The kids had fun so thats all that matters. We are suppose to go out to their daddy's parents house for a family reunion... its like an hr and ahalf drive AND he cant go bc he has to work. So I guess I will pack my babies up in the car and go on my own so the family can see them. Half of them have never seen Olivis(3 yrs) and the majority of them havent seen the baby. Im going to try my best not to over eat while we are out there. In fact I packed me a cooler of water and low calorie snacks! :happy:

I have also decided to quit pumping during the day and only do it in the mornings and at night.. and thats only going to be for a few weeks then Im going to cut it out all together. Zach is 8.5 months old and I have enough in the freezer for another 2 months and he will drink formula if need be. He is like his momma.. not picky about anything you can eat!

check in for 2/19
    cals: over
    water: 10 glasses
    exercise: none unless you count walking around Sams for over an hr getting groceries when I didnt have kids!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Checking in for 2/19
    Calories 1154 (under, read why below)
    Water 7
    exercise none to speak of
    proud that I just figured out where to get the smiley faces :bigsmile:

cals under because......
    because I could not finish my disgusting lunch! :sick: I tried Tofu Shiritaki because a huge portion is only 40 calories.
    Never again. I love all sorts of unusual food that many people would not touch but this was too much for me. Somehow they got tofu to look like linguine (I should have been tipped off and not fallen for this food-like-substance) and they say to use it the way you would any noodle or pasta. So first of all when you open the package it smells like fish, how? :huh: I have no idea.
    You wash and cook it to get rid of the fishy smell. Gross. I just added marinara sauce but I couldn't get through more than a few bites. The texture was so awful. :noway: I'm sticking with my 1 cup serving of whole grain pasta next time. Lesson learned.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Alright girls, CHALLENGE TIME! This is inspired by all you steppers and I guess it will be easy for you! But this week you MUST take the stairs at work, mall, wherever...if there is an option for elevator or escalator find the stairs and take them! Come on, its only for a week! You can do it!!

On bad news side...I was 232.2 at weigh in and 233.8 this morning..THANKS TO MY PIZZA FROM LAST NIGHT:grumble: :explode:

It wasnt worth it!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Calories: 1396
    Exercise: Nope. I talked myself out of it twice using my calves as an excuse. :frown:
    Water: about 80oz
    Proud: Broke that stinkin' plateau! By eating MORE!

Love the challenge, Cris!

Don't forget to STRETCH YOUR CALVES after you take several flights of stairs, ladies! Learn from my stupid mistake, please. :laugh:

I've left that plateau in the dust. I'm down to 214.4 today even after almost 2200mg sodium yesterday. :bigsmile: The best part? On my old dial scale, I'm in ONEderland! :smile: Oh, AND I tried on those skirts I've so always wanted to be able to wear and several of them fit me perfectly. I wore one around the house all night last night just because I could. :laugh: I'm planning to clean out my closet today. I certainly don't need any sizes 20s or larger anymore!

meokk-- you may want to give spaghetti squash a try. I love it! Don't expect it to taste like spaghetti or have a texture like spaghetti (I mean -- it's still squash! :laugh:) but it's super yummy as a replacement or addition to pasta. I have one sitting in my fridge right now.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Chris - I:heart: love:heart: the challenge! I'll be visiting the university library this weekend to tackle some stairs!:sick:

Yesterday. I didn't exercise in the morning because we had a guest from dinner sleep over. I didn't want to wake him up by tromping through the family room and blaring the radio in the garage next to him... and then at work we had a going away party AND a birthday party!:huh: I did OK up through lunch but then I had TWO pieces of cake at the birthday party (and usually I'm resistant to the lure of sugar) and after my second piece I kept sneaking icing off the platter like some four year old with no impulse control!:grumble:

After work I had a happy hour date with the girls - we had appetizers and drinks and between the two I consumed:embarassed: TWO THOUSAND CALORIES.:noway: :sad:

edited to actually check in :laugh:
    Calories - Over by like 2200 omg!
    Water - did GREAT (drank a BIG glass between diet coke and rum drinks)
    Exercise - still got in about 500 steps even with my blistered feet!

Proud - tough one... Proud that I'm not going to feel derailed or worse say "might as well take the weekend off" - and I'm just planning to do better this week.

So it's been the week to shock my system. Yep. Did this all as part of my super secret master plan *shifty eyes* Now it's back to Plan A. Eat 1200 quality calories every day plus half my exercise calories. Drink no more alcohol than a glass of red wine three nights, and get in a minimum of 40 minutes of aerobic exercise in five days a week. I can do this!:wink:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    JLB- Yay on the skirts, I cant wait to do that!

mstahl- Good job on your postive attitude. I am still steeming from my pizza choice last night! I wont let it get me down and will jsut take it easy the rest of the weekend. Hopefully get a gym work out in too even though normally I dont go on the weekends I feel obliged to due to the pizza

Im on my way to a baby shower in an hour and Im scared about what temptation will face me. Luckily seeing the scale go UP in over a month scared me straight and I might be able to control myself :grumble: :blushing:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I will be back to check in later!

Cris
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I had really hoped I'd be out of this group (as lovely as you all seem to be! :) but I'm not so thanks for welcoming me! I got a lovely invite to this group! You're all a great motivation!

Thanks!
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    AnahitaCanDoit - welcome and don't worry - even WHEN you get out of the 200s you're still welcome to say here for your entire journey!:flowerforyou: We are here for each other as long as any of us need a little support! I know I sure hope I'm still chatting with these amazing women when we are all in maintenance mode and helping newbies get the hang of it!:bigsmile:

Over the summer of 2011 we'll all be here cheering jlb123, chris, heather and every one else that's currently doing the couch to 5K program on for their first marathon:bigsmile: I'll be telling about my attempt at a mini Triathlon! Heather and I will be posting pictures of us riding our horses... We'll be trying to figure out which one of the beautiful girls in Awestfall's pictures is Awestfall and which are her daughters!:love:

What will YOU be doing in the summer of 2011?:flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I got a little excited about this. Okay -- so I'm in workout clothes & gross but we can all get over that, right? :tongue:
    270768_9734.jpg?1910
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Oh, I don't know why the double post!
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    jlb123 - YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!!! OMG!!!! LOOK AT YOU!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

(You've lost that extra hour in your hour-glass shape!)
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Cris - it's a good challenge for me ... I always opt for the elevator instead of the stairs but NOT THIS WEEK!
    jlb123 - love the pictures, you look great!
    awestfall - I really feel for you, I'm so glad my daughter isn't dating yet. I think you got lots of great advice, so just hang in there and it will likely all work itself out. I know from experience that sometimes you need to have a bad boyfriend to be able to know and appreciate what you want in a relationship.

checking in for the last 2 days:

Thursday:
    calories: good
    exercise: good - an hour of step at the Y
    water: ok
    proud: of going to step and staying under my calories

Friday:
    calories: good
    exercise: great - an hour of turbo kick, which isn't that easy for me to get to
    water: good
    proud: of making turbo kick fit into my day and staying under calories again
    weight: 239.2 ... so basically stayed the same (actually down .6 from last week but I never recorded that gain).

I've had an epiphany because I've been basically staying the same weight for the last few months ... I need to make more of an effort and it won't be easy, the first 16 pounds came off with making a bigger effort with my exercise - I went from 90 minutes a week to averaging 300 minutes a week... but now I have to make some more changes with what I'm eating or have to add even more exercise. I just have to get my head around making the commitment to changes.
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    All in all not the day I'd hoped for but not horrible.

I had a slow start to the day and didn't even get downstairs until around 11:30 AM. I decided to pass breakfast and go straight to lunch:) I made a Reuben for our house-mate, and a Reuben for myself - but on mine I only used one slice of rye bread. It was still 619 calories but when I saw what my husband made (1350 according to Calorie Count Recipe) I decided I'd done OK. I had an apple for a snack and tonight we roasted Hebrew Franks over the fire and I made oven roasted sweet potatoes with olive oil and sea salt.

I didn't have any wine, and only ate half the bun with my frank.

I walked up my stairs at home - there are 15 steps from our family room to the upstairs (we live in a split level) so I did 5 sets of 10 which gave me 25 minutes and 750 steps for the day. According to my heart monitor I burned about 270 calories!

calories - ate all my exercise calories but no more than that!
    Water - under
    exercise - 750 "UP" stairs

Proud- that I said "No" to wine and I had nice snacks. And I got all my steps in!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    jlb, I know why you double posted - because you had to take a DOUBLE LOOK AT GORGEOUS YOU!!!!!!!!! :noway: You look fantastic!!!!!! I only wish my 50 made me look that good. I don't look any different right now (have toooo much to lose), but you inspire me to keep going, and maybe at 100 I will have changed enough to post pics! What a drastic difference - congrats!!! :flowerforyou:

OK here is my BEST news so far: (drum roll, please)

I FIT IN MY SEATBELT! I FIT IN MY SEATBELT! I FIT IN MY SEATBELT!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    I HAVEN'T WORN A SEATBELT IN FIVE YEARS!!! (and yes, I have tried the extension - still didn't fit!)
    I was driving around St. Lou like I was so cool, wearin' my seatbelt and crankin' the tunes. :glasses: ROFL :laugh:

check in:

cals: under (I know - I just got excited about the seatbelt!) (I hope you guys buy that one!)
    water: great
    exercise: 55 minutes of bike (ahem, did you catch that? FIFTY FIVE, like the speed limit here when you wear your SEATBELT)
    proud: oh, did I mention the SEATBELT????????:glasses:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Bluenote -- Congratulations!! Buckle up for safety! :bigsmile:

Calories: 1441 (I LOVE eating more! :tongue: )
    Exercise: I finished C25K today! I don't think it was a good idea to push myself that much (calves -- OMG), but I'm glad it's done so I can start working on speed
    Water: Not enough (yet). 6 cups so far
    Proud: I finished C25K. It was a really hard run for me (after 1.5 weeks off & extra sore calves) but I got through it thanks to my pure stubbornness. :smile:
  • meokk
    Options
    Check in for 2/20
    Calories - 1225
    water - 6
    exercise - some walking
    proud that my sister ate m&ms at the movies tonight and I didn't even want any

JLB - wow you look amazing, I can't wait for that feeling
    bluenote - congrats on your seatbelt milestone. It reminds me that we are not just losing weight, we are changing our lives. Go Blue!
  • meokk
    Options
    Alright girls, CHALLENGE TIME! This is inspired by all you steppers and I guess it will be easy for you! But this week you MUST take the stairs at work, mall, wherever...if there is an option for elevator or escalator find the stairs and take them! Come on, its only for a week! You can do it!!

On bad news side...I was 232.2 at weigh in and 233.8 this morning..THANKS TO MY PIZZA FROM LAST NIGHT:grumble: :explode:

It wasnt worth it!

Oh No ! I'm toast !!
    I live on the 20th floor and work on the 41st floor :sad: :bigsmile: :sad: :bigsmile:
    I'll just have to do a few flights and then switch to the elevators.