I Am Adam Lanzas Mother

Options

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    This psycho child killer is getting too much attention. I hate that I even know his name and I hate even more that I have had to look at it all day in news articles and this forum.

He's mentioned here for dialogue which may in turn lead to prevention. It seems his mother was trying to do this all on her own. One reason the mother of this article wrote the article using the title that she did is because she knows it could easily be her. And, for that matter, my kids are young still but if I continue having roadblocks to proper care, it could easily be ... me or any of my friends who are struggling with children with mental illness.
    Yes, what happened is horrible. The point is to learn from it to prevent it from happening again.

I was just giving my opinion on the scum bag's name being so hugely spread over the internet.

Also, there is no evidence that he suffered from any mental illness.

How would you describe someone that would do such horrific things if not as mentally ill? What part of sane guns down 20 1st graders?

Believe it or not, some people are just evil.:wink:

And others are terminally Stupid. :flowerforyou:

Stupid for pointing out there there is no evidence indicating he had any mental illness? Is that not true? I think it is. So unless your comment is directed towards yourself, it has no merit.

The evidence is in the act...unless we want to believe that the devil made him do it.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    This psycho child killer is getting too much attention. I hate that I even know his name and I hate even more that I have had to look at it all day in news articles and this forum.

He's mentioned here for dialogue which may in turn lead to prevention. It seems his mother was trying to do this all on her own. One reason the mother of this article wrote the article using the title that she did is because she knows it could easily be her. And, for that matter, my kids are young still but if I continue having roadblocks to proper care, it could easily be ... me or any of my friends who are struggling with children with mental illness.
    Yes, what happened is horrible. The point is to learn from it to prevent it from happening again.

I was just giving my opinion on the scum bag's name being so hugely spread over the internet.

How would you describe someone that would do such horrific things if not as mentally ill? What part of sane guns down 20 1st graders?

Stupid for pointing out there there is no evidence indicating he had any mental illness? Is that not true? I think it is. So unless your comment is directed towards yourself, it has no merit.

And there is no evidence indicating that he didn't. So your argument really has no merit. AND to state again that this thread isn't really about him. You should have read it and realized that.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

And there is no evidence indicating that he didn't. So your argument really has no merit. AND to state again that this thread isn't really about him. You should have read it and realized that.

I had no argument to begin with, I was just stating a fact. Yes, a fact. Take it however you want it.
  • Dub_D
    Options
    The evidence is in the act...unless we want to believe that the devil made him do it.

There is no evidence in the act. Indication yes, but no evidence.
  • iAMsmiling
    Options

So, the devil made him do it is a more likely explanation to you?
    What evidence, since you insist on that standard, do you have of his being evil...other than the act, which you just dismissed as evidence?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I had no argument to begin with, I was just stating a fact. Yes, a fact. Take it however you want it.

No, you came in with an opinion, one which sounded ignorant and offensive since it was off topic from the broader discussion at hand.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm choosing not to respond to the Troll. The ability to take an otherwise calm and productive thread and turn it into something ugly with no real rhyme or reason does not appeal to me. I deal with enough lunacy at home.
    I am thankful to the OP for starting this thread and the dialogue that has ensued. It is comforting to know that there are other families in the trenches fighting for the care of their loved ones; looking for solutions and preventative measures and being as proactive as they can. Yes, there were a few who just don't and probably never will get it, but even still...
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Don't mind the haters, always making excuses for devilish acts. If the parents know their kids are dangerous then they should know what to do about them to protect innocent people.
    He's an adult and will surely face Gods judgement for killing innocent children, it's easy for us to talk about mental illness or make excuses as none of our kids was killed. God will surly have mercy on this generation.
  • shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Very powerful read. Thanks!
  • Dub_D
    Options

So, the devil made him do it is a more likely explanation to you?
    What evidence, since you insist on that standard, do you have of his being evil...other than the act, which you just dismissed as evidence?

I never said he wasn't mentally ill, I just pointed out there is a huge possibility that he is not. Is that so bad? He was shy, and awkward with no history of violence.
  • iAMsmiling
    Options

Don't mind the haters, always making excuses for devilish acts. If the parents know their kids are dangerous then they should know what to do about them to protect innocent people.
    He's an adult and will surely face Gods judgement for killing innocent children, it's easy for us to talk about mental illness or make excuses as none of our kids was killed. God will surly have mercy on this generation.

Here we are, speaking of mental illness, and a prime example volunteers a demonstration.
  • Dub_D
    Options
    I'm choosing not to respond to the Troll. The ability to take an otherwise calm and productive thread and turn it into something ugly with no real rhyme or reason does not appeal to me. I deal with enough lunacy at home.
    I am thankful to the OP for starting this thread and the dialogue that has ensued. It is comforting to know that there are other families in the trenches fighting for the care of their loved ones; looking for solutions and preventative measures and being as proactive as they can. Yes, there were a few who just don't and probably never will get it, but even still...

By giving my opinion, which is different than yours, I'm a troll? lol. Sorry that you didn't want to hear from anyone who has different views on this than you, but when you post in an open forum that's what you can expect.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it's like in America.

But when I was growing up my pastor's daughter had a mental illness. They never did tell me much about it. But she wasn't right. It was obvious to anyone watching that raising her was a real chore but they stuck to it and they loved her as much as they could.

Then one day her parents woke up to find her standing over her father with a knife in hand. A fight ensued. She tried to kill him but he was able, thankfully, to overpower her.

The next day they sent her to a 'care facility' for those like her.

Some people just have to be locked up. For their safety and for our safety. It's unfortunate but it's necessary.

Parents shouldn't be made to feel like a failure if they just can't handle their child.
    Institutions? They absolutely should be in place to take these sort of people in. What else can we do with them? Wait until they kill someone and then send them to jail? No. There has to be a better way to handle mental illness.
  • Dub_D
    Options

Here we are, speaking of mental illness, and a prime example volunteers a demonstration.

So are you saying this poster has a mental illness for believing in God or for disagreeing with you? You are just a peach!
  • iAMsmiling
    Options

So are you saying this poster has a mental illness for believing in God or for disagreeing with you? You are just a peach!

I'm saying her sickness is her very un-christian lack of compassion.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'll probably get a bunch of grief for this but here it goes:

There are larger issues at play here. Call it evil. Call it a mental disorder the bottom line things like this happen because of social issues and are much more complex than simple cause and effect.

"Under the most atrocious conditions, only a tiny percentage of people react by committing suicide or lashing out homicidally against others. Those who commit mass killings have specific psychic histories and serious disorders, but the disorders have their ultimate source in existing social relationships and the prevailing social atmosphere.
    A wave may strike every portion of a levee with equal force, but the latter breaks at its weakest point. The most vulnerable personalities succumb to the immense social pressures, each in his or her unique fashion, but the ultimate responsibility lies with the crisis-ridden and decayed social order, not the individual who gives way."
  • Dub_D
    Options

Compassion for who?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'll probably get a bunch of grief for this but here it goes:

There are larger issues at play here. Call it evil. Call it a mental disorder the bottom line things like this happen because of social issues and are much more complex than simple cause and effect.

"Under the most atrocious conditions, only a tiny percentage of people react by committing suicide or lashing out homicidally against others. Those who commit mass killings have specific psychic histories and serious disorders, but the disorders have their ultimate source in existing social relationships and the prevailing social atmosphere.
    A wave may strike every portion of a levee with equal force, but the latter breaks at its weakest point. The most vulnerable personalities succumb to the immense social pressures, each in his or her unique fashion, but the ultimate responsibility lies with the crisis-ridden and decayed social order, not the individual who gives way."

Yes. Yes. Yes. I was trying to impress this point the other day but it's difficult for people to understand.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

You seem to be trolling a topic that has nothing to do with you. I'm sure you could start your own thread. There are several of us on here who have chosen to discuss the mental health issue. I invite you to kindly back away and demonstrate some level of respect for others.
  • iAMsmiling
    Options

Compassion for who?

For the sick young man who committed the crime. I share her/your/everyone's compassion for the victims, but I have to say, that's the easy compassion.
    Blaming his actions on evil, or bad parenting, or godlessness is just an easy way of pushing reality aside so it doesn't have to be dealt with.
    Instead of waiting around for "evil" to manifest in the form of mass murder, we could be looking for ways of identifying and helping the mentally ill so the mass murder doesn't happen.
    Hiding behind black and white concepts, avoiding compassion for the mentally ill, just ensures the cycle will continue and more "evil" acts will follow.
This discussion has been closed.