Down 109 lbs in a year (first pics ever)

Options

Replies

• heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetie you look amazing! You should be so proud of yourself!!! Great job!
  • tanone67
    tanone67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE A M A Z I N G. :drinker:
  • jessicaclark616
    Options
    wow!!! Thats so awesome!!!
  • Jendegeorge
    Options
    Wowza!! You look amazing and beautiful!! and I have taken a stance of cutting anyone off that is not on my side rooting for me!!

Get rid of all toxic people!! Feels amazing and such control!!

That's probably the most healthy advice I've used over this past couple years. I don't know that I could've been successful with those old toxic relationships. It's hard tho when it's family, kwim? But it's a good example to our children not to mention makes us healthy and makes those few precious relationships more valuable and honorable. :wink:

Thanks for your introspective viewpoint. Very wise. :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    congratulations to you for wanting to break all sorts of cycles. you should be proud of yourself, I am proud of you & so happy you realized you are important enough to take care of!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    yay! you look great! and much younger too!!!
  • BabyStepping1
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you so much for the inspiration! I'm in my 50s with weight related health problems and about 100 pounds to lose. I hope that a year from now that I am able to post similar progress toward my goal of less weight and better health. You look beautiful!
  • fervc64
    Options
    Wow. Awesome.
  • You look so much better and healthier! :) Your friends are obviously just JEALOUS.
  • DChabibi
    DChabibi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOu look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats. You are such an inspiration:flowerforyou:
  • adeedoos
    adeedoos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Agreed! You have ALWAYS been a beautiful treasure to me! I am just glad you feel so much more energized now! Hugs friend!

Oh my word! I just saw your post! Tysm & know that you're truly one of the best friends I've ever had. You've helped me buy back years that I'll spend as a mother & wife. I'm beyond grateful to you...hugs!!!!!!!!!

Awe Jen, you need to give the credit to yourself- you have done all the work! Hugs!
  • deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your weight loss.....and for your overall healing and the belief in yourself that you do deserve happiness.....and for showering that happiness on a child who otherwise would not have such a bright future
  • QMHayden
    QMHayden Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow! U look great. And really--- who likes u better when u aren't healthy and possibly super insecure and unconfident? If u were my friend I would b so inspired, proud, and motivated. Congrats and keep it going. Here's to the new you! :drinker:
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My story in a nutshell is (yes I'm picturing Mike Meyers in a tiny nutshell now..lol) ... I grew up the eldest of four girls, alcoholic & extremely abusive father, mother struggling to stay sane (doing her yoyo dieting). I learned young to give not take, stay out of everyone's way, you don't deserve love and you're never going to be pretty. Also, dad can't hurt you while we're eating dinner. After going through rough childhood, I married young and that too was challenging. But we got through it successfully and he's now my best friend. Since then I fought for the courts to hold our abuser responsible...and won! My husband and I adopted second child through Child Protective Services and it was so rewarding to give him a happier childhood - in some ways righting the wrongs I had lived through. My eldest son and him are best of friends. Yet I was extremely overweight and suddenly terrified that my life that was becoming worth living was going to be cut short by my own bad habits. In one year I was able to change everything I think/do with food and lose 109 pounds. I still see myself as a large and unattractive woman....but from what I've read, it takes a long time for the mind to catch up with the body. I now don't mind shopping for clothes, and I only regret the fact that it took me this long to take care of myself. Now if only there was an exercise for lifting boobs! hahahaa!!! I love staying busy/active and I often gasp when I'm folding clothes because my jeans are so small and my sweaters are cute...it's just that this Texas girl has always been the biggest in the group. Until now. :)

Anyway, I'm about 35 lbs from my goal weight. My health is so much better, my energy is incredible, I lost a lot of hair but it's now growing back (from what I read that's common with weight loss ???), and I don't avoid activities for fear I'll be unable to or too embarrassed to try. I'm always going long after my boys (now teens) have run out of energy. lol

I did have a couple friendships strained for my changes. I still don't understand that. It hurts, but maybe they weren't true friends then? One actually said, "I know you've lost a lot of weight, and I'm happy for you, but you need to know that I liked you better before." I just wonder why anyone would like someone better with a high risk of diabetes and heart problems?!? Oh well, the majority of my friends are happy for me, my husband feels like he has a new wife, my house is always clean (it works off calories! lol) and my true friends say they've never seen me more vibrant and happy.

So here's my embarrassing pics...I'm incredibly NOT photogenic. But ya'll have posted some unbelievably up-building pics for me to see all this year and I'm just flabbergasted by the courage and want to thank you all and MFP. This bought years on my life....a life I'm glad to live now that I've thrown away my scars from abuse and mistreatment and am embracing the truth - that I am worth saving.

Luv to all. :)

my last and most inspiring 'fat pic'
    nwcyo6.jpg

109 pounds less

24ct7xy.jpg

one word.... WOOOOOOOOOOW!!! Okay, a few more... WTG.... You're AMAZING!!!! Thanks for sharing your story.... High five!!!! :smile:
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing - congrats on your weight loss & keep it up :)
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Great job and can I just say you are very photogenic! You look beautiful.
  • grabenson7
    Options
    Well done, you look fab keep up all your good work.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    You look sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!! Amazing inspiration!!:love::flowerforyou:
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job:happy: :happy: :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!