Down 109 lbs in a year (first pics ever)

Options

Replies

• TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You definitely look ready to take on the world in that "after" photo.

Congratulations on all your hard work, both the physical and mental parts.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Congrats!!
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I read your story and it was so inspiring. I can understand exactly how you felt and feel now. I often feel the same way. I would just like to say like my grandmother often said. "Pretty is as pretty does". She always told me that you can be a beautiful person on the outside and be an ugly person on the inside. From what I read you were beautiful on the inside and conviced yourself that you werent beautiful because of your weight. Everything you went through and your weight made you feel worthless. But I see a beautiul girl in both pictures, thanks so much for sharing your story with us all. WHAT AN INSPIRATION you are. And those friends you lost werent real friends. Real friends are there for you...whether we think we are fat or skinny....pretty or ugly. You are very beautiful and dont forget it. BEST WISHES ON THE REST OF YOUR JOURNEY.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Oh my! BEAUTIFUL!!!
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow you´re determined - fantastic! You are an inspiration.
  • madcat_wechanged
    Options
    Fabulous job! And success on so many levels!:flowerforyou:
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I rarely properly read the text on these, tend just to skim read, but my god yours was worth the read.

You are a very attractive woman and also determined by the looks of it!

Congratulations, you've done an amazing job and proven yourself to be a beautiful person as well as an attractive one :3

THIS!

Congratulations on all of your hard work paying off:flowerforyou:
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is an incredible story and you look amazing!!! You should be extremely proud!

Thanks for posting the pics :D
  • Jendegeorge
    Options
    Thanks so much ya'll. I've been plateau-ing for a couple/few months, perhaps this will give me the push to get the last 30-35 lbs off for good! Life can get away from ya when so much happens so fast ... and keeping track of what's going in while you're putting so much out into life can be complicated.

btw, anyone else who's lost some weight find their hair thinned for a bit? My hair used to be so luxurious....taking biotin now so it's coming back thicker...but meanwhile it seems so stringy.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. Life's curve balls have been taking a toll lately so this might be my turning point. :flowerforyou:
  • jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You are PRETTY both before and after weight loss just a lot healthier after. I understand having a difficult upbringing and look at you now thats true accomplishment. You are a wonderful person don't let people tell you your not the only person who can make you feel like your not worth it is you.

*****HAIR-thinning is due to not getting enough protein in your diet the same thing happened to me!!! According to my Doctor increasing your protein intake to about 65 will make the hair issues better also take a daily vitamin because when we diet we can also lack certain vitamins that may in fact make our skin, nails, and hair not as pretty.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! It's very obvious that you've worked hard. Keep up the healthy living! :smile:
  • Staceyp76
    Staceyp76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Congrats on your success :)
  • faireplay
    Options
    You are lovely. and it sounds as if you are healing not only your body but your soul. Congratulations on your success!
  • Agnisenthil
    Options
    amazing progress and commitment towards the goal.. cheers
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • BarrineauGirl
    Options
    ^^^ This!
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! Congrats to you!
  • dawnreid2012
    dawnreid2012 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    HI!!! First of all Congratulations on the weight loss. 109 pounds is absolutely amazing!! Another thing I too grew up in an abusive household. My mom was in beauty school and as soon as she graduated she worked everyday. My step dad was so mean and addicted to cocaine so most of the time it was not bad but really bad. His favorite punishment was pouring rice in a corner and making us roll our pants up and sit on it for hours on end.. I remember my sister picking the rice out of my knee with a toothpick with had hid in our room. I was so young that i thought it was ok but when my sister was old enough to stand up to my mom about it she did. We didnt know but he had been abusive to my mom as well behind closed doors. (he even threw an army boot at her and hit her in the head!) So she left him. I have suffered with anorexia because i thought if i wasnt skinny enough no one would like me. Now i am overweight (195.8 lbs and 5 foot 2) and starting my weight loss journey.. I hope to have a succcess story like you. You are truly inspiring and I thank you for sharing your story and your pics.. I cant wait til i can post before and after pictures :)
  • ladylocker
    ladylocker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    God bless Texas women! Great job!!!
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I am amazed by you and your success in the face of so much trial. You are a remarkable, beautiful woman, and I'm blessed to know you just a little. God bless you darling! XOXO Melissa
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!