What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    @acpgee - yes, I make chips out of left over tortillas of all kinds, to prevent them from being wasted. Latterly I’ve used the airfryer rather than the microwave or a dry cast iron pan.

Still doesn’t change the fact that I can’t do the calories from the chips if I want any meaningful amount of cheese on my nachos! 😂

It’s an ‘either/or’ situation, and I can’t imagine the nacho vibe without cheese, but I’m perfectly happy with the nacho flavour vibe on other bases, just as I enjoy ‘pizza’ toppings on slices of Butternut Squash rather than dough base. 😊
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Made a big 9+ portion batch of Black Bean & Lentil Chilli this morning. Fortunately, it’s amazing otherwise I’d have 8 more portions to get through! 😂

Here with 50g rice bulked up with sweetcorn. I’ll come up with 8 different ways to serve it though…variety is key, for me.

37872jb6zl9j.jpeg
  • 100_Rabbits
    100_Rabbits Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Made beef and broccoli today. I almost never eat red meat, so this was a treat.
    i9hyah5lnwq3.png
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,707 Member
    Options
    Monday breakfast: old fashioned oats with 3 banana slices, 1 Tbs chopped pecans, cinnamon and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.... with coffee
    c5ypz6x08fpx.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    We are on vacation in Valencia, and the cheap way to eat in Spain is menu del dia at lunch which is a discounted 3 course meal traditionally for workers who can't make it home at lunchtime, followed by a light tapas (bar snacks) meal in the evening. I ordered a menu del dia for one person (hubby ordered an la carte starter) which was a ludicrous amount of (somewhat mediocre) food for EUR 13.90. A selection of three starters (bread with tomato with homemade mayo, salad with goat cheese, fried calamari with anchovies. The main was a pork chop in cream sauce with sauteed tomato and aubergine served on mash. Dessert was cheesecake.
    jjhsjkwimxuw.jpeg
    1dgdgj584ck0.jpeg
    k4a2c4e8o2pa.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    Our second evening of tapas in Valencia was at a more casual place with waiters in T-shirts instead of waistcoats. Food was just as good as the more expensive place we went to last night. We ordered tomato salad with goat cheese and mojama (=tuna prosciutto), grilled veg, rabbit with garlic, calamari a la plancha (=grilled).
    ax0a8sn3zcx6.jpeg
    4jyhbycdz6rv.jpeg
    ty8z80tcowff.jpeg
    nscxftmq13c7.jpeg

• cmsienk
    Options
    Monday dinner: penne pasta with meat sauce, butternut squash, green beans and garlic toast
    nq8mlxjpr2ux.jpg

• cmsienk
    Options
    Tuesday dinner: leftover penne pasta with one mozzarella stuffed meatball, sweet baby peas and a small dinner roll
    ge498615cuyt.jpg

• acpgee
    Options
    A tapas tasting menu for two was a light lunch. Today is a grazing day. We are planning to do Basque style pintxos for dinner later.
    wlm220lpgkat.jpeg
    bh4429rxw8ui.jpeg
    jpk88mjxgxu0.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    @janicemlove
    Cats understand territoriality so you can teach your cat not to jump on the table at least while you are around. But you might not like to have to do things like hiss at your cat when he gets on the table.
    I had a friend who was proud that he had taught his cats that they weren't allowed on the table. One night, he was visiting a neighbour who lived across the street and noticed that he could see down into his own dining room from the neighbour's flat. He couldn't figure out why the cats were so near the height of the window ledge when he suddenly realized they were both on the table. He realized when he was not around to defend his territory that the cats would be playing on the table.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Wednesday dinner: last day for penne pasta. I had it as a side twice. Tonight it was more like a pasta bowl... with venison meat sauce, peas and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese
    coxh1r4baniu.jpg