What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,721 Member
    Options
    Thursday Brunch (only coffee, then a latte this morning): old fashioned oats with 1/3 cup blueberries and a drizzle of pure maple syrup
    42p8yvkm5eep.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,607 Member
    Options
    Met up with out an old friend for lunch at a Michelin starred restaurant. Good but not mind blowing.
    sesp0uloc1j3.jpeg
    typypj0jgbem.jpeg
    ehw6el1v4bwn.jpeg
    rywim6x7vbtd.jpeg
    uzkh27d16hzm.jpeg
    iyes5geqqeyf.jpeg

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    @janicemlove
    Cats understand territoriality so you can teach your cat not to jump on the table at least while you are around. But you might not like to have to do things like hiss at your cat when he gets on the table.
    I had a friend who was proud that he had taught his cats that they weren't allowed on the table. One night, he was visiting a neighbour who lived across the street and noticed that he could see down into his own dining room from the neighbour's flat. He couldn't figure out why the cats were so near the height of the window ledge when he suddenly realized they were both on the table. He realized when he was not around to defend his territory that the cats would be playing on the table.

She’s 20 and just started doing this a couple of weeks ago! I’ve been pretty lax with her lately so that’s probably why. The funny thing is she only gets on the table when I’m sitting at it. Otherwise she’s on the bed or my office chair upstairs. If I’m home all day she doesn’t get on the table at all.

I need to make more time for her, clearly. At least from her POV. Lol.

• widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    uvv9zt8ugdrn.jpg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti with squid, shrimp, scallops and tomatoes. Chopped salad. Garlic bread that got a little over broiled.

3sd9gmqvyi01.jpeg

5x4dmjgjpuvr.jpeg

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,721 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Saturday dinner in my hotel room:
    Grilled fish tacos: Mahi Mahi, Cholula Aioli, Avocado, Sweet Cabbage Slaw
    abm0ator20j0.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Went out to lunch in Chinatown with the girls. Our usual ritual is dim sum, but we accidentally ended up in a restaurant which doesn't serve dim sum. Chai latte afterwards in a Japanese coffee shop.
    mi03oai9z25d.jpeg
    t58edp2uepqt.jpeg
    11ybrkavmucs.jpeg
    1f6xlsug4j9x.jpeg
    rl57xsdknv6d.jpeg
    a7nok0arva9u.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    First attempt at cooking in a while. Tried to reproduce a salad we ate as a tapa on holiday, using pickled beet root and olive oil, tangerine slices and smoked sardines we dragged home from the market in Valencia. Main of pasta shells with American-Italian vodka sauce pulled out of the freezer.
    6jhnaw8zyndq.jpeg
    guuh9caguteb.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    q1khk7r88sy8.jpeg
    gqd20gckwfce.jpeg
    Symphony orchestra concert and dinner after at a local Mexican place. Not bad for upper Midwest Mexican fare. And lots of Spanish which reminds me of my hometown.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I’ve had this Black Bean Spaghetti in the cupboard for a while but have struggled with figuring out what to serve it with. I’d normally just go with an Italian Tomato Sauce but I couldn’t get past how grim that might look!

So today, I decided I’d go with the ‘black & white’ theme - it’s Ricotta with a little Blue Goat Cheese, chargrilled courgettes, Butter Beans and a few Edamame. Worked perfectly, and now I’ve tasted the spaghetti I’m sure I can get past the aesthetic of the black and red! 😂

oqfna8ik3de9.jpeg
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Lunch everyday is my homemade cabbage soup with added kale and egg whites. I make 4 quarts of soup which lasts me 2 weeks.
    gt11pcz44ye4.jpg
    n1i1d34m8cqz.jpg
    Dinner, yet another greek salad, this time with a true story cotija and poblano chicken sausage.
    rcupygus73ql.jpg
    I'm a creature of habit 😉

• LazyBlondeChef
    Options
    Chopped salad w/olives, capers and cherry tomatoes dressed with olive oil. Cheese & onion enchiladas with refried black beans.

xmjj2xvsiaoi.jpeg

yas87b9jn7ei.jpeg

Our internet went out from last night until early this morning so I wasn't able to post Sundays miso/mushroom broth soup w/soba noodles, shiitake mushrooms and snow peas.

zh9mdzzghtii.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    Lazy dinner. Beef rendang pulled out of the freezer from a batch I cooked sous vide last month. Leftover Szechuan aubergine salad from last week. Cucumber salad and rice were made today.
    iolytbewgmmk.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Another attempt at replicating the salad we had in Valencia this time using cooked beetroot (not pickled), tangerine slices and the cold smoked sardines we dragged home from Valencia with vinaigrette. Main of gramigna with sausage ragu from our previous vacation to Bologna.
    ghgm9txdes5a.jpeg
    4ds2m9rhkt62.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Options
    American Wagyu patty, fries (air fried). Sauce for fries was Primal Kitchen chili lime mayo with a bit of apple cider vinegar to thin it out as usual. I hate the catchup that so many Americans use with their fries. Chopped salad w/capers, olives and queso fresco dressed with olive oil.

1m1vng7r77si.jpeg

fe46mirhgx5h.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Salad with blue cheese, mandarin, and croutons to start. Main of pan fried sea bass with a roast sweet potato and broccoli salad.
    41kreskr6cql.jpeg
    cf36cx8yeqic.jpeg