What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Phaewryn wrote: »
    Skinless chicken breast (probably about 6-7 ounces) topped with 2 tablespoons ketchup, with one whole package of green giant steamers antioxidant blend vegetables. Large 10.5

One whole box of green giant steamer chopped spinach topped with 1 large boiled egg (small 7.5 inch plate). I also had 1/3 (dry) cup oat bran made with water, with 1 tsp brown sugar and 1 tsp maple syrup, plus my normal coffee in the morning (8 oz, 1 tbls sugar, 1 tbls non-dairy creamer). That is all I have eaten today.

And that is not a proper way to feed yourself. You body need fuel! I browsed your profile when, on your last post in this thread, you said you were accidentally fasting by eating 700 cals in a day, but I thought you may be following the Intermittent Fasting protocol, so I let it go.

Now, I clearly see that you are eating less than a 1000 cals a day, and sometimes less than 700. That is dangerous! You are not eating enough protein to preserve your muscle mass, and you are not eating enough fat to maintain cognitive functions. You don't want and don't need to geopardize your health to lose weight. You have 17 pounds to lose, you can lose half a pound a week and still you will achieve your goal in less than a year. What is the point of eating 850 cals a day?!
    Double agree.

850 is a good dinner/evening snack for me! I like to save most of my calories for the evening, because, wine. :)
  • jkwolly
    Options
    Hardenton wrote: »
    Dark Chocolate Overnight Oatmeal

Oats, dried mulberry, cocoa powder, hemp seed, chia seeds, almond milk, whey protein
    Oh this looks delicious!

I go through oat stages. Now I am into quick oats with splenda and cinnamon, but I should just stop being lazy and do some overnight oats with some whey added!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Penne with hot italian sausage, sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts!
    bg6bsasq22cq.jpg

http://www.cookingforbabe.com/2015/02/penne-with-sausage-and-sun-dried.html
  • kreatingkarroll
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    @kreatingkarroll - those necatarines (peaches?) look delicious!

@DaivaSimone - ZOMG that tuna <3

Apples:) baked and drizzled with PB2 (powered peanut butter) and honey with cinnamon on top @kjwolly
  • ashriya1302
    Options
    9q2621tvo8jd.jpg
  • ashriya1302
    Options
    9q2621tvo8jd.jpg

Shrimp and Vegetable stir fry with rice!
  • jkwolly
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    @kreatingkarroll - those necatarines (peaches?) look delicious!

@DaivaSimone - ZOMG that tuna <3

Apples:) baked and drizzled with PB2 (powered peanut butter) and honey with cinnamon on top @kjwolly
    <3
  • robinsnest02
    robinsnest02 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    p4trspwiqir5.jpg

Spinach, eggs, curried vegetables, avocado, and hot salsa. Yum!
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatball sandwich on fiber one bread with a little mozzarella and some veggies shk90xzbi3wc.jpg
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    @Somegirlsomewhere - is that two different wines with your dinners each night? If so, good job! Dinners look tasty as well.
  • Phaewryn
    Phaewryn Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Phaewryn wrote: »
    Skinless chicken breast (probably about 6-7 ounces) topped with 2 tablespoons ketchup, with one whole package of green giant steamers antioxidant blend vegetables.

One whole box of green giant steamer chopped spinach topped with 1 large boiled egg (small 7.5 inch plate). I also had 1/3 (dry) cup oat bran made with water, with 1 tsp brown sugar and 1 tsp maple syrup, plus my normal coffee in the morning (8 oz, 1 tbls sugar, 1 tbls non-dairy creamer). That is all I have eaten today.

And that is not a proper way to feed yourself. You body need fuel! I browsed your profile when, on your last post in this thread, you said you were accidentally fasting by eating 700 cals in a day, but I thought you may be following the Intermittent Fasting protocol, so I let it go.

Now, I clearly see that you are eating less than a 1000 cals a day, and sometimes less than 700. That is dangerous! You are not eating enough protein to preserve your muscle mass, and you are not eating enough fat to maintain cognitive functions. You don't want and don't need to geopardize your health to lose weight. You have 17 pounds to lose, you can lose half a pound a week and still you will achieve your goal in less than a year. What is the point of eating 850 cals a day?!

You must not have also read on my profile that I have Metabolic Syndrome. The fact that I "don't eat enough" isn't new, I've never eaten much, what has changed is that whereas before I was eating small amounts of high fat junk foods (cheese, butter, sugar, carbs was MOST of my diet up until this month), I am now eating similar amounts of healthy foods (beans, meat, vegetables). I spent a year doing rugged camping, my body learned how to store everything and use any available source for energy. When you've lived in the forest for over a year, packing in and out everything you need on your back 8 miles, drinking creek water, and digging holes to *** in, and you've survived, then come back and judge my LIFE. I had some acute psychiatric issues come up and for over 2 years I spent a lot of time in psych wards and on various medications, several of which are known to cause irreversible weight gain due to metabolic syndrome. So, yes, I'm not eating many calories, however, I'm here because I have chosen to stop eating all BAD calories and replace them with HEALTHY ones. Yesterday WAS a intermittent fasting day, fwiw. But yes, I set my goals lower than standard, and yet, even though I'm now "dieting" I find that when I enter my meals/values at the end of the day, I haven't even eaten enough to sustain basic life for most people. YET I AM OVERWEIGHT. On the other hand, this "dieting" thing isn't proving very difficult for me at all, since I obviously wasn't eating more than 1000 calories a day BEFORE I started tracking it. It's not as if I was eating a 1500 a day diet and then suddenly dropped down to 600-1000 calories a day, I wasn't eating that many to begin with. They were just all BAD calories. Anyway, here's a few links to Metabolic Syndrome, in case you're unaware of what it is. Its actually a *really* hard thing to live with, as you can probably guess, because on the days when I do eat typical amounts of calories (like if we go out to eat and I devour a whole platter of surf&turf) I really put on weight fast, and once it's on, it's very hard to lose with this condition:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20717020
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/733704
    http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/psychopharmacology/current-and-future-treatment-options-preventing-metabolic-syndrome-due-atypical-antipsychotics
    I have put protein supplements in my wish list on amazon, and after I pay my bills, if I have enough money, I plan to order them. I wasn't aware, until joining here, that I was SO protein deficient. My doctor said my bloodwork showed everything perfect all that time. I'm 5'2" and 136lbs, which is overweight. If 850 calories a day was going to kill me of malnutrition, I'd already be dead. I've had regular physicals, and bloodwork drawn, and my doctor says that according to my bloodwork, I am in PERFECT health. I'm under the care of a doctor, who said 100% yes to starting to eat better food and exercise, and under the care of a psychiatrist, who also says that eating better and exercising is good. I'm not low on anything (well, I was low on potassium once, but likely because of a hydration issue). I'm not high on anything (my cholesterol and blood pressure are textbook perfect). I don't see how replacing my bowl of mashed potatoes covered with butter, cheese, and salt for a bowl of black beans covered in salsa is making me WORSE OFF. I don't see how replacing my bowl of fruity pebbles for a bowl of oat bran with flax is making me WORSE OFF.
  • Phaewryn
    Phaewryn Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    dq1xf53npm7r.jpg
    A whole can of black beans, with about 6 ounces of chicken breast, topped with 3 tablespoons salsa.
  • nylo143
    nylo143 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    h09lw17el0el.jpg
    Brown rice veggies and chicken
  • nylo143
    Options
    Egg whites with tomatoes onions and side of wheat toast bl00d3suha7p.jpg
  • nylo143
    Options
    nzsfdfe3ldnw.jpg
    Brown rice with chicken and veggies this time with turmeric powder Added (hence the rice color)
  • nylo143
    Options
    6m9l7cotkhc8.jpg
    Veggie spring rolls made with rice paper wraps
    (Inside I put sautéed carrots, bell peppers and onions)
  • nylo143
    edited February 2015
    Options
    dj1ngl1gnaf3.jpg
    Spaghetti squash with tomato sauce, marinated chicken breast prices, and red bell peppers Oh and broccoli florets
  • nylo143
    Options
    n5rpm3csw4yy.jpg
    Egg whites scrambled with my favorite tomato sauce (tomato, garlic and green jalapeño)
  • nylo143
    Options
    2aicu0hocemr.jpg
    Oats ! Made with 2% milk, a dash of cinnamon, honey and topped with walnuts
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

2jeu59u.jpg
    Zucchini & chickpeas over polenta.