What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• MrsA10001
    MrsA10001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    oops, I forgot once again, my chicken chili recipe is 139 cal. ... ENJOY!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    St. Paddy's Day potluck at work. I made sure to eat a light breakfast and don't plan on eating much tonight, obviously! Corned beef and cabbage (OMG good!); roasted asparagus; green beans; spicy roasted pea pods; deviled eggs (my contribution); spinach & strawberry salad; broccoli salad; boiled carrots & potatoes; potato cake; ravioli shaped like shamrocks; garlic cheese bread (they had about 4 different kinds of bread and I limited myself to just one, ha!); cookies; cupcakes; apple cake (another one of my contributions). Lots of yummy veggie options for a change!

iln1qgqw6z2t.jpg
    irish-080.gif
  • iNikosaurus
    iNikosaurus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump. Here for meal idea's more then anything ;)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    St. Paddy's Day potluck at work. I made sure to eat a light breakfast and don't plan on eating much tonight, obviously! Corned beef and cabbage (OMG good!); roasted asparagus; green beans; spicy roasted pea pods; deviled eggs (my contribution); spinach & strawberry salad; broccoli salad; boiled carrots & potatoes; potato cake; ravioli shaped like shamrocks; garlic cheese bread (they had about 4 different kinds of bread and I limited myself to just one, ha!); cookies; cupcakes; apple cake (another one of my contributions). Lots of yummy veggie options for a change!
    irish-080.gif
    That dessert plate <3
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Made this St Patricks Day lunch for the Mrs....

20150317_134448_jean%20lunch_1_zps13zybptm.jpg
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    uv168l75w6c0.jpg
    I just ate a delicious salad (no really!) of mozarella, olives, tomato, avocado, rocket and Parma ham with some herbed balsamic dressing.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

Pastrami, red cabbage, mustard seed, rye

BEAUTIFUL! Looks delicious :)

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    mygnsac wrote: »
    That dessert plate <3

I decided I wasn't going to eat that whole dessert plate, so I flipped a coin. Cookies heads, cupcake tails. I had to flip that darn coin three times before the cupcake one! Taking the cookies home to Dad!

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Asparagus risotto, speck, fried egg

20150317_194120.jpg
    20150317_194149.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for Dinner, St. Patrick's Day Style... Green Eggs and Gam Waffle Sandwiches and Baileys & Coffee

ei2kfy2dbuzm.jpg
    G4s1t898kwq26.jpg
    hv55yodpp1mh.jpg
    ree6hlc8rvvxqpz.jpg

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Love the sh-ham-rock. But I really want the asparagus risotto. How did you do the egg like that?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    My gin and tonic has celery AND cucumber in it. It's basically a cleanse right?

joulrh094xsz.jpg

RIGHT?!

Duck with stir fry vegetables
    4pvvr3qi5mnz.jpg

• Acg67
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    Love the sh-ham-rock. But I really want the asparagus risotto. How did you do the egg like that?

Magic ;)

Lightly poach an egg until the whites are just set, maybe 2.5 min or a little longer, shock in an ice bath, bread cooled egg, fry until golden in 350 neutral oil
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    nz_deevaa wrote: »

It's the ONLY cleanse I'd be excited to do!

• mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Magic ;)

Lightly poach an egg until the whites are just set, maybe 2.5 min or a little longer, shock in an ice bath, bread cooled egg, fry until golden in 350 neutral oil

Acg.. Thank you I was going to ask how you did this. I feel some experimentation going on this weekend!! Look fabulous!! A whole new way to do eggs!!! Thank you as always for the inspiration!!

One more question though. When breading the egg did you dip it in an egg bath prior using breadcrumbs or is the cooled wet egg enough to make the breadcrumbs coat the exterior?
  • theresakelly611
    theresakelly611 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    9ka41jun44ot.jpg

Cilantro lime chicken tacos with plum tomatoes, avocado, onion, lettuce, feta cheese and a cilantro and lime vinaigrette.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

Thanks but there's no way I could do that. I haven't mastered a poached egg yet, let alone a breaded and fried one. How many eggs did you go through before you got the money shot?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    nz_deevaa wrote: »
    Uhm, duh!

• Acg67
    Options

mercina22 wrote: »

Magic ;)

Acg.. Thank you I was going to ask how you did this. I feel some experimentation going on this weekend!! Look fabulous!! A whole new way to do eggs!!! Thank you as always for the inspiration!!

One more question though. When breading the egg did you dip it in an egg bath prior using breadcrumbs or is the cooled wet egg enough to make the breadcrumbs coat the exterior?

No egg bath, the cold wet egg is enough for the crumbs to stick to
  • Acg67
    Options

Thanks but there's no way I could do that. I haven't mastered a poached egg yet, let alone a breaded and fried one. How many eggs did you go through before you got the money shot?

got it on my first try, but made 4 to snack on while cooking. they are really good with a little salt and pepper