What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,592 Member
    Options
    lunch today was tuna wraps and veggies cause Im lazy :P
    8lyI0Fv.jpg
  • emmahargreaves2
    emmahargreaves2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    giggitygoo wrote: »
    I'll contribute to thread resurrection as well.

broccolicasserole_3.jpg

Cheddar, Sausage and Broccoli Casserole.

Do you havr recipe
  • MrsA10001
    MrsA10001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight ...

6vb5cu76g8u7.jpg

I plugged this recipe into my MFP and I came up with 307 cal/serving ...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/23791488773933

this is a great take on the Tune Casserole of your childhood

ENJOY!
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    2dgp8176rjgr.jpg
    to help my friends and family i post pics of my meals occasionally on f.b. so they can see you can lose weight without starving... so far it hasn't caught on with them yet.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    MrsA10001 wrote: »
    Dinner tonight ...

ENJOY!

Your link just takes me to my own Recipe Box and I can't view your recipe. Looks great though! Definitely nothing like the tuna casserole of my childhood!

• mygnsac
    Options
    Went out. Kale, potato, carrot, onion, Italian sausage soup; french bread.

0g3fs00whoou.jpg
  • MrsA10001
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Dinner tonight ...

ENJOY!

Your link just takes me to my own Recipe Box and I can't view your recipe. Looks great though! Definitely nothing like the tuna casserole of my childhood!

I can't figure out how to make that "public" on my profile, but here's a link ...
    https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com/2014/08/10/tuna-not-like-the-lunch-hall-casserole/

• tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    eicr9ijhp7m0.jpg
    Casarecce in green pea-garlic pesto with roasted butternut squash, cannellini beans, & mixed baby dark greens
  • MrsA10001
    Options
    5q0il3592dp2.jpg

Lunch today, three cold salads, homemade ...

Trader Joe's Steamed Lentils with Diced- celery, sweet white onions, sweet red bell peppers, minced- flat leaf Italian parsley and garlic, Dried spices – basil and oregano
    S&P
    House made white balsamic with fresh garlic vinaigrette

ATK's Curried Chicken Salad with Diced – apples, celery, sweet white onions and tart dried cherries, S&P and finally some crushed slivered blanched almonds.

Lastly, the Tuna Salad. To a can of tuna packed in water (drained), I added:
    Diced – celery and sweet white onions
    Chopped – pitted black olives
    Dried spices – garlic powder, cayenne pepper and chives
    Minced – flat leaf Italian parsley
    Some dill pickle relish and `mayo (not too much, DH claims to hate mayo as well, so long as he doesn’t see me making it, he’s okay). Oh and S&P to taste.

All served atop some mixed greens.

MMM
  • MrsA10001
    Options
    to help my friends and family i post pics of my meals occasionally on f.b. so they can see you can lose weight without starving... so far it hasn't caught on with them yet.

angel, have you tried
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/sara-lee-sara-lee-45-calorie-multi-grain-bread-87130519
    Most other sliced breads are 90 + calories for 1 piece
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    nz_deevaa wrote: »
    My gin and tonic has celery AND cucumber in it. It's basically a cleanse right?
    Uhm, duh!

I might even give it a trendy name... the celery tonic cleanse?
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Roast turkey sandwich with cheddar jack cheese, onion, tomato, spinach, and tzatziki; cucumber; spinach salad; and homemade pink beans.

uvgo4enyzex1.jpg
  • MrsA10001
    Options
    UGH! My 800 calorie per day HcG diet is kickin' my butt tonight ... got stop lookin' at food/cooking sites and TV programs
  • MrsA10001
    Options
    Roast turkey sandwich with cheddar jack cheese, onion, tomato, spinach, and tzatziki; cucumber; spinach salad; and homemade pink beans.

Those homemade beans look yummy! ? Recipe ?
  • mygnsac
    edited March 2015
    Options

Those homemade beans look yummy! ? Recipe ?

I keep it simple. Rinse a bag of pink beans and soak overnight. When you are ready to cook them, drain and rinse the beans and put in pot with a box of no salt veggie or chicken stock or whatever stock you like, a large can of crushed tomatoes, some chopped carrots, 1/4 tsp garlic salt, black pepper, and water (liquid should be about 6 inches over beans). Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium high, partially cover with lid and cook for about 60-90 minutes. Beans should be cooked, but not mushy. When I heated up the bowl tonight I added some chopped spinach. I usually add chopped veggies to my beans when I reheat them.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    UGH! My 800 calorie per day HcG diet is kickin' my butt tonight ... got stop lookin' at food/cooking sites and TV programs

OR, you could try losing weight with a reasonable deficit.

• MrsA10001
    Options

1000-1200 calories per day for women is recommended, here's the thing ... I never lose on ounce on 1000. Being an older female, I have found that 800 works for me and funny thing, I'm not hungry. I really want to cook and bake though.

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

1000-1200 calories per day for women is recommended, here's the thing ... I never lose on ounce on 1000. Being an older female, I have found that 800 works for me and funny thing, I'm not hungry. I really want to cook and bake though.

So you don't even science? Not that it matters since both are jokes, but are you using hcg shots or the even more laughable homeopathic drops?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Actually that's not true, the recommendations are highly dependent on the individual and a number of factors including age, height, weight and activity level, but the lowest number recommended is usually 1200.

ETA: jkwolly is right. We need to keep this focused on all the delicious food...