What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    MrsA10001 wrote: »
    nz_deevaa wrote: »
    UGH! My 800 calorie per day HcG diet is kickin' my butt tonight ... got stop lookin' at food/cooking sites and TV programs

OR, you could try losing weight with a reasonable deficit.

1000-1200 calories per day for women is recommended, here's the thing ... I never lose on ounce on 1000. Being an older female, I have found that 800 works for me and funny thing, I'm not hungry. I really want to cook and bake though.

Actually that's not true, the recommendations are highly dependent on the individual and a number of factors including age, height, weight and activity level, but the lowest number recommended is usually 1200.

Many people on here have success losing at much higher numbers, I still lose at 1700 cals/week when accurate with logging.

Also if you search through the forums as well as online you will find a number of posts with really negative experiences with HcG. I suggest you do some more research and I hope you have not been on this for long.

Acg67 wrote: »
    UGH! My 800 calorie per day HcG diet is kickin' my butt tonight ... got stop lookin' at food/cooking sites and TV programs

1000-1200 calories per day for women is recommended, here's the thing ... I never lose on ounce on 1000. Being an older female, I have found that 800 works for me and funny thing, I'm not hungry. I really want to cook and bake though.

So you don't even science? Not that it matters since both are jokes, but are you using hcg shots or the even more laughable homeopathic drops?
    Get out of here with your logic.

As much as I want to blast her too, let's just keep this food focused. Otherwise I'll add 10 pages of rant posts, because I want to, badly.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Has anyone made a raviolo with the egg inside? I am comfortable with making the pasta and the filling. I'm wondering about how long should I cook the raviolo to make sure egg is perfect consistency.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    Has anyone made a raviolo with the egg inside? I am comfortable with making the pasta and the filling. I'm wondering about how long should I cook the raviolo to make sure egg is perfect consistency.

@Acg67‌ I see a challenge for you ;)
  • NewMeSM75
    Options

Yes, please. I'm wanting to toss the raviolo in a brown butter, sage sauce if that helps.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »

I've made it before, boil for approx 1.5-2min depending on thickness of the dough
  • NewMeSM75
    Options
    cgivijazzg5v.jpg

Just a take out pizza kind of night. No great pizzerias near us though. This is the skinny beach pizza from Pizza Hut. 200 calories a slice. Pretty good for Pizza Hut.
  • NewMeSM75
    Options

I've made it before, boil for approx 1.5-2min depending on thickness of the dough

Thank you very much. I can't remember what thickness I put my pasta machine on to roll it out but I will be careful.
  • MrsA10001
    MrsA10001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

So you don't even science? Not that it matters since both are jokes, but are you using hcg shots or the even more laughable homeopathic drops?

Actually that's not true, the recommendations are highly dependent on the individual and a number of factors including age, height, weight and activity level, but the lowest number recommended is usually 1200.

ETA: jkwolly is right. We need to keep this focused on all the delicious food...
    jkwolly wrote: »

Many people on here have success losing at much higher numbers, I still lose at 1700 cals/week when accurate with logging.

Also if you search through the forums as well as online you will find a number of posts with really negative experiences with HcG. I suggest you do some more research and I hope you have not been on this for long.

As much as I want to blast her too, let's just keep this food focused. Otherwise I'll add 10 pages of rant posts, because I want to, badly.

How I diet is how I diet, others shouldn't judge, but be supportive, as I THOUGHT this was all about.
    I WAS talking about food, and how I like to cook/bake, and at this juncture, I'm not able to make the dishes that I truly like, the ones that have gotten me to where I am.

Nuff said.
    Now, who's got a lovely recipe?
  • jkwolly
    Options

ETA: jkwolly is right. We need to keep this focused on all the delicious food...

How I diet is how I diet, others shouldn't judge, but be supportive, as I THOUGHT this was all about.
    I WAS talking about food, and how I like to cook/bake, and at this juncture, I'm not able to make the dishes that I truly like, the ones that have gotten me to where I am.

Nuff said.
    Just a quick recap since I think you missed it: you mentioned your HCG diet, complaining about missing foods.
    We said "why do it? eat more and lose weight, it's science."

You said "no."

No judging. Wanting to give someone correct advice is not judging. Why wouldn't we respond to something inaccurate when other people can read it and maybe take it as truth?

NOW FOR JUDGING: show me another 120 calorie dinner, I could use a pre-snack snack idea.

• jkwolly
    Options
    Just a take out pizza kind of night. No great pizzerias near us though. This is the skinny beach pizza from Pizza Hut. 200 calories a slice. Pretty good for Pizza Hut.
    This actually looks delicious!
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options

Nuff said.
    Just a quick recap since I think you missed it: you mentioned your HCG diet, complaining about missing foods.
    We said "why do it? eat more and lose weight, it's science."

You said "no."

No judging. Wanting to give someone correct advice is not judging. Why wouldn't we respond to something inaccurate when other people can read it and maybe take it as truth?

NOW FOR JUDGING: show me another 120 calorie dinner, I could use a pre-snack snack idea.

^^ hah, I like this! "Bro, do you even pre-snack?"
  • MrsA10001
    Options
    ... moving on please ...

jkwolly, a pre-snack snack (sans the cocktails :wink: )

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/128788541033965

o4brxe807tf5.jpg

(there's a link on my recipe box for the "how to" if need be)

these delightful little jems are 23 cal each, and carb free with 1gram of fat per

*a sidenote-neither myself nor my husband are fans of liver in general, but this recipe is a knock-out ... each bite is sitting in a small pool of sweet chili sauce, MMM!
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato casserole over spring greens, pear, rosemary asiago 8kie9bz5mp4u.jpg
  • MrsA10001
    Options
    @jkwolly, here's what's for dinner at our table tonight, I make this often. It's not 120 cal but pretty darn close, 170cal ...

c2x9hoqdb9ix.jpg

super easy, uncomplicated, here's my recipe box ...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/129061242048317

Not too shabby for an entire plate of food, ENJOY!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Is it just me or does it take you to your own recipe page when someone links a recipe from theirs? Every one of these I"ve clicked on takes me to my own recipe page, which is less than helpful.
  • MrsA10001
    Options
    ... since MisterA10001 is such a terrific guy, I made him these, and shared some of them with the neighbors as well

uoan690s846h.jpg

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/59244296318397
  • tobin1
    tobin1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    2dgp8176rjgr.jpg
    to help my friends and family i post pics of my meals occasionally on f.b. so they can see you can lose weight without starving... so far it hasn't caught on with them yet.
    new to this but yummy and thankd for posting what all is in your salad and how many calories are in the meal form that day

• tobin1
    tobin1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Roast turkey sandwich with cheddar jack cheese, onion, tomato, spinach, and tzatziki; cucumber; spinach salad; and homemade pink beans.

uvgo4enyzex1.jpg

how many calories did u come up with on the sandwich looks delicious :D
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does it take you to your own recipe page when someone links a recipe from theirs? Every one of these I"ve clicked on takes me to my own recipe page, which is less than helpful.

If you are talking about the links @MrsA10001posts, I've noticed that, but I wondered if it was because her food diary is set to private.

A few other people have commented on it, but she posts the links anyways.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

@tobin please don't quote pictures people are already having problems with the page loading slowly. Quoting other people's photos just makes the issue worse.