What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    A big ol' cheeseburger. We went to Nation's Giant Hamburgers today. My first time there. So good. Then we stopped at the park on the way home and walked some of it off. Then we stopped at the frozen yogurt shop and had a scoop of gelato! Call it a lost weekend. :#

dtupflu5poda.jpg
    I want to eat that!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I tried a Blue Apron meal the other night (my Father in Law got the service for Christmas and didn't think he would eat this one). Salmon with salsa verde over farro, orange and spinach salad. It was tasty and I like the concept of shipping all the ingredients needed for the meal to your door, but it comes out to about $10/person/meal and I think that's a little pricey especially since I like to cook and would still have to go to the store for other food for the week and for the family. I could see using it more when it was just my husband and I, when we ate out more.
    Blue Apron has been pretty nice for my husband and I. It stops us from going out to eat more and the cost fits that replacement. (Well we could go out or make a dinner we already paid for that could spoil if we don't make it tonight). They always send dishes I would never have thought. Polenta? I've never heard of until we had it in our meal. It also helps my husband make dinners. He is not very skilled in the kitchen and hates shopping so this allows him to make a dinner or two. Nothing like having a hot dinner ready when you get home from a crabby day at work.

Its not very practical for families larger than 2 though some of the dishes listed as 2 servings make far more than we can finish in one sitting.

I think if they had had that when my husband and I were first married and wanting to cook more but didn't really know what we were doing, it would have been great. I looked at the bigger meals and my kids probably wouldn't eat them, so it really doesn't make sense for us but I love the concept, especially that they send you small amounts of more obscure ingredients because when I have found some recipes I want to try I'm often put off by buying more than I need for that one meal.
  • mikeastarcher
    mikeastarcher Posts: 42 Member
    Options
  • Arianera
    Arianera Posts: 128 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    y2x994lcpi83.jpg

Lunch in a box
  • nikkilovessweets
    nikkilovessweets Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    9dlo1qhmebfa.jpeg
    Yummmmmm! Need I say more? ❤️❤️❤️
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    KARNI YARIK:- baked aubergine boats stuffed with minced meat sauce

na3jbw0yp8gv.jpg

Usually with a side of rice and cacik
  • mikeastarcher
    Options
  • mikeastarcher
    Options
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    qq2pk9dxa5fp.jpg

Homemade margherita pizza and spinach side salad
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @crazyravr I'm sure someone has asked in the 400+ pages of this thread so forgive me, but have you ever thought about being a food editor? Your meals all look great and the staging is awesome.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Currently sizzling (complete with sound): pineapple chutney!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Today's ice cream mash up. Frozen vanilla yogurt, 2 mini chocolate ice cream cones, Oreo protein cheesecake, Mississippi mud chocolate, chocolate bacon pretzel balls, caramel peanut butter balls, crushed pretzels and blueberries on the bottom.

waxkwj706xxp.jpeg
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Today's ice cream mash up. Frozen vanilla yogurt, 2 mini chocolate ice cream cones, Oreo protein cheesecake, Mississippi mud chocolate, chocolate bacon pretzel balls, caramel peanut butter balls, crushed pretzels and blueberries on the bottom.

I like you!
  • mikeastarcher
    Options
  • frantzcr
    frantzcr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Fajita shrimp salad
    8slbjkdq0e6t.jpeg
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Lunch. A good 350g of 0% Fage with meringues, some Italian waffle cookies, and PEScience snicker doodle protein powder mixed with powdered peanut butter and a bit of Walden Farms chocolate syrup. 396 cals

41vkeyl6z4bd.jpg

Another lunch this week. I didn't meal prep but was a good girl at the salad bar.

wlkb0brf8j40.jpg

Dinner-Spaghetti squash with ground turkey, tomato sauce and part skim ricotta cheese. 471 cals

6747tkdwn8bi.jpg

Another Fage lunch with Oreos, peanut butter filled pretzels, powdered PB and snicker doodle protein powder. 56p, 13f 49c

anltqygk0i6q.jpg
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    mw8vgsuo03w1.jpg
    Homemade vegan treats, banana granola bars, maple cinnamon roasted chickpeas and banana nut bread granola
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon, steamed broccoli, small sweet potato (drizzled with Walden Farms 0 calorie maple syrup & cinnamon) and fresh fruit!