What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,639 Member
    Options
    Linguine carbonara and roast vegetable salad. I used a recipe that called for two eggs and one yolk for two servings but I found that gave a sauce that is too liquid for my taste. Henceforth sticking to my usual routine of two yolks and one egg for two people.
    ebjd4m6ugeyi.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    @snowflake954
    Dill pickles are quite easy to do at home. I would just use white wine vinegar if cider vinegar is not common in your part of the world.
    https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-dill-pickles-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-193350
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks. The problem here is that I can't get dill. Also the cucumbers here get mushy and I love crunchy. I used to try and bring the ingredients from the States, but I never liked the pickles that came out of it. I love Milwaukee Dills.
    acpgee wrote: »
    @snowflake954
    Dill pickles are quite easy to do at home. I would just use white wine vinegar if cider vinegar is not common in your part of the world.
    https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-dill-pickles-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-193350

• inesnsr479
    inesnsr479 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    inesnsr479 wrote: »
    Cabbage and onions with Lightlife veggie sausage.h4rrzjpivn0d.jpg

This reminds of Bigos my bf made few weeks back. basically cabbage and meat, pretty yum

Both pics you show are "bigos like". But not bigos :)

I never even been to Poland, I wouldn't know haha

• inesnsr479
    Options
    Bento of the week

e393vi7c3fci.jpeg
    oxi28l9wovn8.jpeg

the presentation is just amazing !

do you have a recipe for the tuna porridge and the shrimp tofu eggs ?

thanks
  • inesnsr479
    edited June 2020
    Options
    kbushe3221 wrote: »
    inesnsr479 wrote: »

made these, super yum . served with a side of dhal soup , didn't take a photo of that

I want that 🤤

You can make it : ) very easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRBnArSnaxc&feature=youtu.be&utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-thedomesticgeek1&utm_content=later-7268574&utm_medium=social&utm_source=instagram

• acpgee
    Options
    Vietnamese garlic noodles is a recipe that reads as unlikely but I love it. Butter, garlic, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, parmesan. Garnished with mint.
    6fgdxms8u0v7.jpeg

• snowflake954
    Options
    Pasta w chickpeas (In Italy, famous Pasta e Ceci), EVOO, garlic and rosemary.h3bypquykjzu.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Options
    I suddenly had 6 for lunch, so had to dig around to find what I had. Pasta w mixed mushrooms, chopped tomato, 2 small zucchini-grated, garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes, EVOO and beer.ohvww5mfvoy4.jpg
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Frisee and stir fry
    vcuucyqijwew.jpeg
    p5dy8h7gju78.jpeg
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    mxxc5ry5wprr.jpeg
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Roasted veg atop protein pasta
    vqie1nqtwz2m.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Seafood laksa with tofu puffs and fish cake.
    14ka55bkfilf.jpeg
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I had a bunch of leftover gravy, so I reached out to the mfp recipe forum and asked for suggestions. From that I got the inspiration to make shepherd's pie. I gave it my own twist; ground turkey, thyme and paprika, sweet potato topping.
    jxkef2kz6lb1.jpg
    dy6lsspih6yt.jpg
    canned tuna and swiss cheese melted in a whole wheat pita pocket
    696nuay862cp.jpg
    ehhdxkdtg8as.jpg
    turkey ham, melted swiss, 3 kinds of mustard on a pretzel bun with carrot miso soup on the side
    d7we7yys6bps.jpg
    Annnd....too many pitas and no other bread....turkey sausage and poached eggs with home=made strawberry jam on a pita pocket for breakfast!
    ntstnbp14t8a.jpg

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Finger food.

So, umm...do you eat the eyes? My father's been forever trying to convince me they're "the best part" [insert river of tears here]