Why are girls constantly creeped on at the gym?

Options
I honestly do not understand!! First I have to tell a story- the manager of the gym first started saying hi and so I felt it was my obligation to say hi back. Well..then he started I believe "taking advantage" of the situation. I thought that he wasn't creeping on me because he had a wife and daughter...he said "I never get any attention at home" and so when he hugged me I was like okay..but I honestly just did it out of pity. Then he started to come around when I was working out and he always wanted hugs from me. I could not stand his disgusting globs of cologne he put on but I just dealt with it because he is the manager! He then started saying things to my sister and she told me he was creepy and she was getting a weird vibe from him. I then decided it would be best if I ignored him and this is where it gets weird. He tried to give me a high five and I thought he was trying to hug me so I ignored him. When I left I heard him talking to the other employees about me. By the way, NOBODY LIKES HIM! He then proceedes to go up to me when I am working out and ask me what is wrong. WE ARE NOT IN A RELATIONSHIP OLD MAN! I don't EVEN KNOW YOU! He seriously just creeped me out and now I don't know what to do. There are several guys also at the gym that creep on me everytime I go there. I dress modestly and yet when I turn around there you are staring at my butt. I DON'T LIKE YOU! Any other girls feel me? And what should I do about the gym manager? help?

Replies

• Aleph13
    Aleph13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't hug gym managers and ignore men who stare at you if you're not interested... they will get bored eventually
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Probably switch gyms or report him. Us guys are a horny lot and when we see an attractive woman we stare. Is it right? Some women love it, most hate it. I try to keep my eyes to myself at the gym because its a gym and not a **** house. Though sex at the gym would be a good work out, lol. Either way I feel bad that your getting unwanted attention. If it bothers you its definately not right!
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    I got called a creep at the gym because I had just crawled off the treadmill, and happened to glance to an area of the gym that a girl was in. I didn't even notice her.

Your situation sucks, and he seems like a creep.

But overall, I'd say it's more of a mentality that most women think all men at gyms are creeps. When in reality, there are a lot of people there, and we just glance around between sets, or areas. And are not creeping on you.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    You just need to develop your b*tchface muscles like I did.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This is harrassment. Report him. He has no right to treat you that way.
    Any time I've ever been harrassed or mistreated in a gym situation I always reported it.
    If the gym does not fire this guy, immediately, demand your money back.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Let me guess, you're 19, the old creepy guy is like 30. Ignore him.
  • cartoonlover
    Options
    Moon them while telling them to take a picture and switch gyms. :laugh:

(There is no reason for you to have to put up with that. If you A) dont want to confront them or B) tell them to bugger off or C) ignore them then you are going to have to think about switching gyms.)
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    maybe you're meant to marry a creep.
  • AlphaToOmega
    Options
    Is 30 the age you become old and creepy?? @#$%
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Is 30 the age you become old and creepy?? @#$%
    not if he's attractive to her....haha it's funny how things work
  • alexissalcido5
    Options
    sorry but uhh...married with kids and at least in his late forties with greying hair isn't really my type.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    "I'm sorry Joe, you're a nice guy and all but the attention you gives me makes me uncomfortable. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't hug me anymore" THEN if he doesn't stop you report.
  • AlphaToOmega
    Options
    So what is your type? How you doin?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    "hey I'm sorry I'm currently trying to workout". Simple. I don't know the whole story or anything but if he's walking up to you and bothering you then just tell him you're occupied and if he doesn't move, say it loudly to leave you alone
  • alexissalcido5
    Options
    I read all of ya'lls comments and I definitely think I'm going to report him if he keeps it up. Thanks for the feedback.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    sorry but uhh...married with kids and at least in his late forties with greying hair isn't really my type.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

Could you please restate this in a way that doesn't make me feel old?
  • alexissalcido5
    Options
    I don't understand.

Could you please restate this in a way that doesn't make me feel old?

Hmm..sorry but I don't think you should creep on girls that are half your age.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So what is your type? How you doin?

ROFL..I was waiting for someone to do this
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I watch them though a series of wall mirrors so they never know
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Those are the best ones!
This discussion has been closed.