Why are girls constantly creeped on at the gym?

Options

Replies

• Iron_warrior33
    Options
    I bet if he exhibited the same behavior, but was attractive he wouldn't be a "creep"
    ^^Totally agree. And another thing, why are all the women getting up in arms and hating on the dude? Sure it was unprofessional of him to go up and hug her, or was it? My gym manager, and most of the trainers, always walk up to me and shake my hand when I walk in, unless he grabbed her butt when he hugged her, it couldn't have been that bad, ntm she hugged him too. But to report him, seriously? She hasn't done anything to stop it yet, so why go above his head, if she didn't even give him a chance to rectify the situation.
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    First off, I've been at that gym a year now..you're smart.
    I just joined a gym this week.

I'm not really sure that she know's how to quote. I was the one that posted I just joined the gym. She kinda confused me, I'm like wait, I just posted that. Just wanted to clear things up. :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Wait..I'm being a jerk because you don't know how to hit a quote button?? Seriously?? Ok..I'm beginning to see what the problem is.

Yes, actually, you are. Not everyone is 100% forum literate. Some of us learn as we go and make quoting mistakes. The way you handled the quoting mistake wasn't polite or genial, it was just jerky. Because you're a jerk. :)

I really don't see how he was being a jerk. He ASKED for clarification. Just because he didn't fill the page with smiley faces didn't mean he was being snarky or mean.

And no, I'm not defending him or any other guy here because I'm desperate. Just wanted to put it out there because I don't like to be "generalized".
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Lies, girls creep on guys way more, they are just more sly about it.

Fact. You gentlemen need to learn the ways of the "ninja creep" o_O.
  • 3oclockabs
    Options
    Just keep lifting weights and do intense workouts. Make those guys look like *kitten* compared to you. When the managaer creeps on you, ask him, "Do you even lift?"
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Wait..I'm being a jerk because you don't know how to hit a quote button?? Seriously?? Ok..I'm beginning to see what the problem is.

Yes, actually, you are. Not everyone is 100% forum literate. Some of us learn as we go and make quoting mistakes. The way you handled the quoting mistake wasn't polite or genial, it was just jerky. Because you're a jerk. :)

I really don't see how he was being a jerk. He ASKED for clarification. Just because he didn't fill the page with smiley faces didn't mean he was being snarky or mean.

And no, I'm not defending him or any other guy here because I'm desperate. Just wanted to put it out there because I don't like to be "generalized".

That's the thing about the internet, you gotta be careful how you word things. Honestly when I first read his comment all I saw was a jerk poking fun at some kid who can't use quotes properly.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This is harrassment. Report him. He has no right to treat you that way.
    Any time I've ever been harrassed or mistreated in a gym situation I always reported it.
    If the gym does not fire this guy, immediately, demand your money back.

No gym is going to fire anyone immediately unless they have proof of misconduct. To accuse someone of harrassment is a big deal- they will have to investigate it.
    Not in a big gym, or a corporate run chain of gyms. There will be an investagation, and even then a possible write up. I'd report it, the guy will get the message, but getting someone fired is not as easy as it sounds. Also, I wouldn't be willing to quit a gym I am happy with just because of one person- and you go to another gym- its could easily happen again
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure that she know's how to quote. I was the one that posted I just joined the gym. She kinda confused me, I'm like wait, I just posted that. Just wanted to clear things up. :)
    Yeah I figured that out shortly after posting, it's been confusing a lot of posters in this thread. Thank you for the extra clarification though!
    It's certainly ironic that someone would take a jab at someone else's intelligence when they themselves don't know how to quote others properly...
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Most men are just pervs and the girls that defend them obviously just want male attention because their desperate. Just leave us women alone! We go to the gym for one reason: TO WORKOUT!

I find this really insulting to both men and women. Pointing out hasty generalizations is logic, not desperation.

There was a thread this morning where the OP got tarred and feathered for saying something that sounded like she was only condoning one type of body. Everyone got butthurt because she was generalizing. This comment of yours should be getting more attention, because it shows that you are starting out ASSUMING that men are going to be pervs. The manager was wrong, but your perspective isn't helping.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Most men are just pervs and the girls that defend them obviously just want male attention because their desperate. Just leave us women alone! We go to the gym for one reason: TO WORKOUT!

Woah ok some perspective needed here. Not defending the male race but I think your age is showing here. MOST men are not pervs, a lot are but not most. This guy obviously has issues but you didn't help yourself by hugging some random stranger. Just saying...
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Cuz we're Hawt!!! Seriously, just leave those headphones on & don't make eye contact!!
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You're young and cute. Guys like that. Being older and plain would solve that problem for you in a heartbeat. :wink:
    If a guy is being creepy level attentive you have the right to tell him so, in no uncertain terms. Do so.
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    OP I'm with you on this one. I was just saying to my friends that I get hit on so much at the gym I didn't realize what a relief it would be to NOT get hit on. I go to the gym looking like I just rolled out of bed. I have tunnel vision. And yet I have had to change my workouts from morning to the afternoon lull. Granted your situation is really crappy because the Manager is here all day. But its funny how easy being polite gets out of control.

Right?? thank you!

Ok..I'm like really confused with this one. Are you talking to yourself or do you just honestly don't know how to hit the quote button.

I got confused by that too!

Okay..lets all the men be jerks now!

I wasnt trying to be a jerk. It honestly confused me.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    OP is clearly narcissistic and immature.

itstimetostopposting.jpg
    i just read this whole thread and this is what made sense to me. hahaha she thinks she's the **** :laugh:
    Acting like i go to the gym to see girls
    ***** please.
    and girls creep on big time too so don't be sexist, everyone creeps.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Guys are idiots. I'm one so I know. Some of us just can seem to help but get a little stupid on others...

What's wrong? I am not your next meal and the cologne isn't doing you any favors either.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Lies, girls creep on guys way more, they are just more sly about it.

Fact. You gentlemen need to learn the ways of the "ninja creep" o_O.

Ahh so. The secret ways of the ninja creep. Please teach us oh dragon warrior.

Oh wait, never mind. I'm an old married dude with daughters. All I'm working on these days is teaching defense. That, and working on my bat swing . . .
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I know you are but what am I?
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think I will join a gym just to get hit on... Since I'm pushing 40 and all :huh:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, I still have not read anywhere that she made any attempt to discourage him outside of ignoring him AFTER they've been talking and have even hugged, which would obviously make any PERSON (guy or girl) wonder whats going on.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, I still have not read anywhere that she made any attempt to discourage him outside of ignoring him AFTER they've been talking and have even hugged, which would obviously make any PERSON (guy or girl) wonder whats going on.

yes! And I am wondering why we're still talking about it! lol
This discussion has been closed.