Why are girls constantly creeped on at the gym?

Options

Replies

• 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    sorry but uhh...married with kids and at least in his late forties with greying hair and a refusal to wear sunglasses isn't really my type.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

Could you please restate this in a way that doesn't make me feel old?

See? I'm your friend.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I read all of ya'lls comments and I definitely think I'm going to report him if he keeps it up. Thanks for the feedback.

I couldn't read very clearly but I didn't really read anywhere in your posts you saying that you asked him to leave you alone. Ask him to leave you alone, politely but firmly first, if he doesn't listen, say it loud enough that his co-workers and/or other gym members can hear you. If it still carries on, report him

Jumping steps would only hurt you in the long run
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't understand.

Hmm..sorry but I don't think you should creep on girls that are half your age.

Why not? Look if you don't like older guys...cool on you. If there is a guy bugging you - do something about it. In this case, either tell him off or report him.

Second, if other guys are looking at your *kitten* then kudos to you. Either ignore it or take it as a compliment and move on!!!!!!!!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I think you should reconsider complaining that the guys in the gym are looking at you. As you get older, you'll appreciate it! I love it when the guys watch me lift.. sometimes they're watching because I'm showing them up!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    A) He's crossing a line

B) Stand up for yourself instead of complaining to Internet strangers.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I want the managers of the New York Sports Club to see this.
    The only people in the gym that get attention from the trainers are pretty girls.

I expect that pretty girls will get alot of attention, who doesn't like to talk to pretty women?

However the trainers at my gym are ridiculuous. They get the girls magazines, they talk to them for more than 1/2 hour at a time, and they pretty much ignore everyone else.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: This is totally harrassment, just ignore him and if he persists despite you ignoring him I would report him. You have the right to feel safe and comfortable and not awkward and creeped on, especially when you are paying for your membership there. Good luck
  • AlphaToOmega
    Options
    So what is your type? How you doin?

ROFL..I was waiting for someone to do this

Glad I didn't let you down...how YOU doin?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    You just need to develop your b*tchface muscles like I did.

Agreed. A well-developed b*tchface works like a charm. At the gym mine looks like this: :sick:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I don't understand.

My wife totally agrees with you on that point.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I blame the person who created legguns.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    OP I'm with you on this one. I was just saying to my friends that I get hit on so much at the gym I didn't realize what a relief it would be to NOT get hit on. I go to the gym looking like I just rolled out of bed. I have tunnel vision. And yet I have had to change my workouts from morning to the afternoon lull. Granted your situation is really crappy because the Manager is here all day. But its funny how easy being polite gets out of control.
  • pjberube75
    pjberube75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is harrassment. Report him. He has no right to treat you that way.
    Any time I've ever been harrassed or mistreated in a gym situation I always reported it.
    If the gym does not fire this guy, immediately, demand your money back.

I agree with this... also, if you want the creepers to "beat it".. try not to make eye contact.. if you get approached you can either tell them you're not interested.. if you're too shy for that, wear a fake wedding ring and tell them "sorry, you're married and you really don't have time to talk since you only have a limited amount of time to squeeze your workout in".
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    A) He's crossing a line

B) Stand up for yourself instead of complaining to Internet strangers.
    You take your logic and you get out of here.

You get out of here right now!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

hahahaha...cute.

With the topic of this thread and that, the Sexual Harassment Panda song is stuck in my head now :P
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You hugged him, then ignored him. I am not sure why it is harassment that he asked you why you suddenly snubbed him.

Has he said anything else inappropriate.

BTW: I am not saying it is OK for him to go round hugging people - just that it would have been easier not to have started hugging him in the first place.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Hm. My dad did and now he's married with two more kids. F*cking people these days and thinking they can find love/booty calls regardless of age. Who the hell do they think they are?!

Edit for typo. :grumble:
  • alexissalcido5
    Options
    OP I'm with you on this one. I was just saying to my friends that I get hit on so much at the gym I didn't realize what a relief it would be to NOT get hit on. I go to the gym looking like I just rolled out of bed. I have tunnel vision. And yet I have had to change my workouts from morning to the afternoon lull. Granted your situation is really crappy because the Manager is here all day. But its funny how easy being polite gets out of control.

Right?? thank you!
  • AlphaToOmega
    Options

hahahaha...cute.

With the topic of this thread and that, the Sexual Harassment Panda song is stuck in my head now :P

There is a song??? Need to make that my ringtone
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I didn't get sexually harrassed and I feel creeped out by this guy.
This discussion has been closed.