Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A must read for EVERYONE.

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Meh. A bit too cheesy for my liking.

Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Jews all believe that my dead grandparents are in different places right now. it doesn't offend me. I could care less. Nor did I see the poem as an effort to convert anyone to Christianity.
    I didn't realize "Bring God back into schools" wasn't an attempt to push a specific religion onto all children.
    That's up to interpretation. Do you know that it means including religious instruction in school, or that the speaker has a hope that basic human goodness will permeate them? Who knows, and who cares? Is it affecting your kid's school right now? It's a post in a fitness forum.

OMGZ CALL THE COPZ THIZ IZ OUTRAJUZ

3in3A.gif
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    I struggle to believe a just and fair god would let something like this happen, no matter what weird spin people will try and put on it for the sake of defending their imaginary friend.

^this! this is why I don't head into church anymore...I just can't justify the benevolent god with the god who doesn't step in ...just don't get it...which is probably the point, but I'm going to be angry about it until I do.
  • evmoses
    evmoses Posts: 46 Member
    As someone brought up Christian, not the kind that goes to church and then gossips about the ones not there, I wish some of you .............................................Merry Christmas!
    As an American, that really believes in freedom I wish some of you
    ............................................ Happy Holidays.
    As a mother and grandmother horribly saddened by recent events and disgusted by the nastiness of the responses on this post
    I wish this whole post................................. Be gone!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    That's up to interpretation. Do you know that it means including religious instruction in school, or that the speaker has a hope that basic human goodness will permeate them? Who knows, and who cares? Is it affecting your kid's school right now? It's a post in a fitness forum.
    Whaaaaat ... a level-headed post on MFP forums? Crazy.

I think that what we need is more political correctness, so no one can be offended by anything ever again, because it's totally possible.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Honestly, I just thought it was a very poorly done poem.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Why is it that this can't be shared? the people who like it can like and those who don't, don't? It may be religous and it may not, those who find the main theme godly can either like or not like it. There seems to be a constant theme that no one wants someone else to tell them how to feel or think so can't we just let it go and the people who like this can like it and those who don't can move on to the next topic that pisses them off? I get that some don't have anything better to do but if you believe in god or not you may like this and it should be shared if you do. If you don't like it just keep on moving! I don't understand why this is considered offensive and people shout it out loud, yet most of those shout outs are pretty rude and offensive!

how do you feel about beef sandwiches? single dip? no dip, kind of dry? or bold like me...and double dip that bad boy!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    OP you should have posted this on one of the Christian boards here. There are many people here with many different beliefs. The responses to this post support the fact that is not where this belongs.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Meh. A bit too cheesy for my liking.

Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Jews all believe that my dead grandparents are in different places right now. it doesn't offend me. I could care less. Nor did I see the poem as an effort to convert anyone to Christianity.

I didn't realize "Bring God back into schools" wasn't an attempt to push a specific religion onto all children.

Yes, because now all children will be instantly converted to Christianity after they or their parents or guardians read the poem.

The poem wasn't posted to offend. I doubt if it was *written* to offend. It was written from the personal beliefs of the author. He didn't write it to piss off ALL TEH NON-CHRISTIANS OF THE WORLD!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!

If the poem was written from the viewpoint of another religion that I didn't agree with, I wouldn't get all butthurt over it. I wouldn't spend my time rebutting "Christian agenda" posts on MFP. I would move on, report it, whatever. I would realize we all have different beliefs/non-beliefs/whatever-the-case-may-be.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Whaaaaat ... a level-headed post on MFP forums? Crazy.

I think that what we need is more political correctness, so no one can be offended by anything ever again, because it's totally possible.

Yes, it's very vague and ambiguous when a poem explicitly says Jesus about ten times, ends with, "Bring God back into schools," and is about a tragedy that occurred in a country where the debate of "religion vs. secularism" in schools happens on a daily basis, is violated very often, and is enough of an issue to warrant this entire thread.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    I'll tell ya, if you give a mouse a cookie...

I'm curious.

What happens if you give a mouse a cookie?

It is going to make me crazy until I find out.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Sometimes I think the mods just sit back and say ' lets see just how f'ed up this is going to get before we do anything'. I know I would. So don't ever make me a moderator MFP.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    I'll tell ya, if you give a mouse a cookie...

I'm curious.

What happens if you give a mouse a cookie?

It is going to make me crazy until I find out.

it will drink milk

from a plate

at the market

in an unnamed Arab country
  • I don't see how this poem is comforting. Jesus can tell the little girl not to worry, that he'll take care of her mom and dad down on earth, but he couldn't do the same for her and her classmates? At another angle, one could get out of it that Jesus was going to bring the little girl's parents up to heaven. Either way, not a nice thought.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Why is it that this can't be shared? the people who like it can like and those who don't, don't? It may be religous and it may not, those who find the main theme godly can either like or not like it. There seems to be a constant theme that no one wants someone else to tell them how to feel or think so can't we just let it go and the people who like this can like it and those who don't can move on to the next topic that pisses them off? I get that some don't have anything better to do but if you believe in god or not you may like this and it should be shared if you do. If you don't like it just keep on moving! I don't understand why this is considered offensive and people shout it out loud, yet most of those shout outs are pretty rude and offensive!

how do you feel about beef sandwiches? single dip? no dip, kind of dry? or bold like me...and double dip that bad boy!

Oh, definitely double dip that bad boy and hand me a knife and fork.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Not sure which war it came from. It is said: THERE ARE NO ATHEISTS IN FOX HOLES....and yes I am yelling!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    I could have accepted this as well intentioned poem written by somebody who is obviously devoted to their religion if they had the foresight to leave out the last 3 lines.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    I'm never quite sure how to respond to negativity towards Christians. Since I am one, I never want to come off as condescending. But in response to your comment: Jesus suffered the sins of the whole world because He loved us that much. He was born in a manger, where livestock lived. Very humble beginnings for a King. No? Was beaten and rejected and yet chose to suffer the cross, when He could have called 10 thousand angels down to remove Him from it. To say that we should be any different is ludicrous. This world is sinful and sinful things will happen to the just as well as the unjust. Yes, what happened in Newtown, Connecticut was horrible and my heart is breaking for the families, but Jesus is not to blame. He's good and kind and those children ARE with Him. We all can be with Him some day, if we only believe that He is the Son of God, that he died for our sins and rose again the third day, so that we can have life and have it more abundantly. I wish all of you a Very Merry "Christ"mas and a Healthy and prosperous New Year! God Bless!

jesus christ
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    Not sure which war it came from. It is said: THERE ARE NO ATHEISTS IN FOX HOLES....and yes I am yelling!

Lame quote that ridicules the service of many atheists who have fought and died in war.

Yell all you want. It just makes you wrong in a loud tone of voice.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    nevermind
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Yes, it's very vague and ambiguous when a poem explicitly says Jesus about ten times, ends with, "Bring God back into schools," and is about a tragedy that occurred in a country where the debate of "religion vs. secularism" in schools happens on a daily basis, is violated very often, and is enough of an issue to warrant this entire thread.
    This person sets a fine example of how politically correct we should all strive to be, and how we should make a point to tell people how offended we are every time we're offended. If we all did this, then no one would ever say or do anything again and then we wouldn't be offended anymore.
This discussion has been closed.