Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A must read for EVERYONE.

1234568»

Replies

• Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    An honest and respectful observation, because I've read this poem before on Facebook, and until the last two lines, I was deeply touched, it's a beautiful, restorative image - and I am a non-Christian.

But to end with 'my nation and my schools', turns it in a direction it needn't go. This is a country for all religions, and our public schools, though in need of great help and repair, are just that - for the entire public, Christian or otherwise.

To the OP - thanks still for posting it; we can't have enough of these things in the wake of such an unfathomable tragedy,
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    . IF YOU DON"T LIKE A POST MOVE ON TO ONE YOU LIKE. Then no one can be offended.

but but...he told us EVERYONE must read it
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    On a serious note I just want to say, if you want your God in your school, go to a private school, or send your children to a private school. Just because it is your God, doesn't make it mine or my childrens.

Blessed Be!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    I am so craving a nice philly cheesesteak sandwich right now!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Now I feel dumb for posting what I did in the Do You Hate Grapefruit thread. I should have read this first. Duh.
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    . IF YOU DON"T LIKE A POST MOVE ON TO ONE YOU LIKE. Then no one can be offended.

but but...he told us EVERYONE must read it

OK you got me LOL
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.