Why Don't Men Change their CLothes????

Options

Replies

• SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Heres the thing about clothes. I like to always wear new clothes. The day I wash my clothes, they officially become old clothes. I have been wearing same new clothes for years now

hmmm... I won't wear clothes until they've been washed. All the nastiness from bugs and rats crawling all over them in warehouses is not only gross but can be very irritating to skin...

....and I wear different clothes to work every day, but when I get home, I'll put on "comfy" clothes, and sometimes only wear them for an hour or two, and will save them to wear a few more hours the next night or two (unless I do something to actually get them dirty)..

^^This^^
    I worked in a clothing factory. The workers sneeze and cough all over those "clean" clothes as they sew and fold them. I put liquid hand soap in the mens bathroom and a year later, I still had a full container of soap. These guys wipe their butts, don't wash, and go sew and fold your "clean, new clothes." Always, always wash clothes before wearing them. Trust me on this.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I might wear the same jeans twice in a row on the weekend, but that's about it. As long as he's not dirty or smells, who really cares?
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    So, here's what we've learned in this forum.

1. The OP posted a thread looking for advice, but then insulted anyone who criticized her.
    2. Her husband is a slob/ man-child which she admits, and that means she has motherly issues because she takes care of and encourages this.
    3.The fact, that she thinks most men are like her husband shows she doesn't know too many men, and that her husband is actually the exception to the rule.

As for me, I have OCD, my house stays immaculate, including my car and even my dog is always clean and no stinky doggy breath as I feed him minty milkbones.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those that helped and were able to make a light of a frustrating issue. I really love the hiding clothes at night suggestion and I think I will do that. But as always with MFP, there are instances where the discussion takes an unnecessary turn beyond friendly comments and suggestions on a topic that shouldn't even be controversial.
    To be honest, I don't see an issue. You come across very materialistic and shallow. That would bother me more than seeing someone in the same outfit twice in a week.

Actually, I wouldn't even notice. Men where I work wear suits. They all look the same to me. As long as they don't stink, I don't care.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to accept someone for who they are. If he isn't really dirty and likes wearing the same familiar things, so what? My bf likes to wear sweats almost all the time. He sometimes tucks his shirt into the sweatpants and seems to think it looks good. It does not. I hate those stupid sweatpants. BUT I just leave him alone because he's happy and comfortable, and he will put on a pair of jeans most of the time if we go out for a drink or to the movies.

He also wears the sweatpants several times without washing them (which I also do with jeans, jammies, work blouses, etc,) but he is very clean and that part doesn't bother me at all.

edit: p.s.: He even irons the sweatpants, and his pocket tees, too. He is not a sloppy guy, he just likes to wear soft fabric.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Meh, i wear my jeans more than once without washing. Unless i spill something on them or ive been baking, because theni just wipemy hands all over myself. Lol my husband kind of does the same thing as yours, but he doesnt have time to dry clean his work clothes all the time and he cant just put them in the washer and dryer.
  • runningfataway
    Options
    Not just men. A lot of women are like that too.
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I shower and change clothes (even my boxerbriefs!) daily.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Pick his clothes out for him. Make 5 outfits - label them Mon - Tue etc. Done. End of problem. Next post.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    As soon as he takes his clothes off, get the dog pee/poo/slobber/wipe his butt on them. Problem solved.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    You could also try peeing on them if you don't have any pets.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Regular jeans can be worse 2-3 times between washing. Beyond that, the bum and crotch will loose shape and you'll look a bit slobby. Raw denim can and should be worn for months between washes to properly break them in. Shirts should only be worn once, with the exception of shirts that you wear a t-shirt underneath with. Occasionally you can wear those shirts twice but it's a good idea to toss it in the dryer for a few minutes before wearing it the second time to remove any wrinkles and freshen it up.
  • Nicki_101
    Nicki_101 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Maybe some positive re-enforcement? He can wear different outfits, and then you can wear a "special" outfit for him.....
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Pick his clothes out for him. Make 5 outfits - label them Mon - Tue etc. Done. End of problem. Next post.

I was going to say something similar. When I used to work in an office, I used to have 3 weeks worth of business suits. Each one was in the closet together with the blouse or two that went with it and possibly a scarf. All I had to do was match up with a pair of black or brown shoes. Maybe you can manage this a little bit with such a system. Shirts get dry cleaned each time he wears them but the suits could be worn a few times, depending on how "messy/sweaty" he is. hehe
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    We're supposed to wash our clothes? :ohwell:
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i don't really notice what my hubby wears- i don't really care, as long as he doesn't stink or have big manky stains all over himself. but then, i'm a bit of a slob (apparently, but didn't know that before right now) and will wear the same clothes to work for 2 days (but i change my knickers, obviously, because that would be nasty if i didn't).
    so i think it's a non issue, as long as he's not grim and sweaty. does he brush his teeth? that's one of the things i hate most in this world- people who don't brush their teeth. change your clothes 12 times a day and it doesn't matter because you will always smell and look dirty because your teeth are rotting in your head. gross.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    i don't really notice what my hubby wears- i don't really care, as long as he doesn't stink or have big manky stains all over himself. but then, i'm a bit of a slob (apparently, but didn't know that before right now) and will wear the same clothes to work for 2 days (but i change my knickers, obviously, because that would be nasty if i didn't).
    so i think it's a non issue, as long as he's not grim and sweaty. does he brush his teeth? that's one of the things i hate most in this world- people who don't brush their teeth. change your clothes 12 times a day and it doesn't matter because you will always smell and look dirty because your teeth are rotting in your head. gross.

There are 7500 different kinds of apples to act as nature's toothbrushes.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    My husband just wears a loin cloth most days. Or board shorts. Maybe a hoodie if his pecs get cold.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    You should join a nudist colony ;)
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Regular jeans can be worse 2-3 times between washing. Beyond that, the bum and crotch will loose shape and you'll look a bit slobby. Raw denim can and should be worn for months between washes to properly break them in. Shirts should only be worn once, with the exception of shirts that you wear a t-shirt underneath with. Occasionally you can wear those shirts twice but it's a good idea to toss it in the dryer for a few minutes before wearing it the second time to remove any wrinkles and freshen it up.

But what does Yahoo! say???