Challenge 10 lbs gone by end of March

Options

Replies

• light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Need a little help...kind of in the dumps right now and all I really want to do it eat!! I know that is not what I should do...what do you do when you are down in the dumps and just want to eat. And, usually, exercise makes me feel better, but I don't even want to do that...help!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    usually, exercise makes me feel better, but I don't even want to do that...help!!
    Put on some workout clothes and just get moving. Don't even think about! Just do it! Once you get going, then you're on a roll.

For me, starting is always the hardest thing to do. I just have to make myself get started, and I'm good to go.
  • bsparks81
    bsparks81 Posts: 29
    Options
    I definitely agree with Steph_135, get up and go no matter what you feel. Yesterday I would have liked to sit at home and read my book but my friend said that she would meet me at the gym in 30 min and I just went and felt so much better after.
  • bsparks81
    bsparks81 Posts: 29
    Options
    I want to join the challenge too. Might now make 10 by the beginning of April but will by April 9th. :happy:
  • light1980
    Options
    usually, exercise makes me feel better, but I don't even want to do that...help!!
    Put on some workout clothes and just get moving. Don't even think about! Just do it! Once you get going, then you're on a roll.

For me, starting is always the hardest thing to do. I just have to make myself get started, and I'm good to go.

Thanks Steph_135 and bsparks81!! I always take my work out clothes with me to work so I'm always ready and regardless of how much I don't want to go, I do push myself to go. I know today is going to be harder, but I know I can do it, especially knowing there are people on mfp that are there for me when I need them!! LOVE THIS SITE!!! Someone is always there to motivate me when I don't have the strength and energy to do it!! Thanks again!!:happy:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    That's the hardest part for me, getting started. But once I get moving, I am always glad I did!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    weighed in yesterday down another 3lbs for a total of 5. Half way there! I always pack my work out clothes and put them in my car in the morning. I actually perfer to work out after work it doesn't take much to motivate me. It feels odd on my off days and I go home and I try to think of something to do until I have to go to bed. (yes single with no kids)
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd week of my 10 K training, and the 200 situp, 100 pushup, 200 squat challenge...hopefully this week I'll see some better results.
  • kamanie
    kamanie Posts: 34
    Options
    I would love to join in on this challenge! I am new to MFP, On Feb 1st I started eating healthy, joined the gym and have been going since. I found this site and love it. Looks like there are tons of support and encouragement here and that's what I am looking for. My husband works overseas and will be back home for a couple of weeks on April 6 so I would love to surprise him ;)
  • light1980
    Options
    I actually work out twice a day. I wake up early before work at do 2 to 3 miles of Walk Away the Pounds and then after work I go to the gym. Yesterday, even though I wasn't up to it, I went and do 30 minutes on the stairmaster (which happens to be my favorite machine), 30 minutes on the Arc Trainer and then my sister was there, so I went onto the treadmill next to her and did 30 minutes on there....I was a cardio queen yesterday. Made me feel so much better. I'm so glad I went. Can't wait to go after work today!! Have a great day!! :happy:
  • chrisc2006
    chrisc2006 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can count me in, I'm new to the site and looking for support and motivation
    Thanks
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Yay! As of this morning I'm down 5 pounds.. 5 more to go!

March Challenge SW: 201.8
    CW: 196.8
  • nini64
    nini64 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined. Previously on WW and lost 15 LBS and ready to keep it going. I will be 46 March 23 and so I hope to loose 4 more pounds by then. I need all the support I can get!!
  • kamanie
    kamanie Posts: 34
    Options
    Well counting from March 3rd I am down 5lbs so I have 5 more to go to meet the 10lbs goal but I would like to actually loose more than that by month's end. We'll see how it goes.
  • teresa011
    teresa011 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job all of you!!! Keep up the great work..............you are all doing sooooooooo well.... I"m down also and going strong......Welcome to those of you that are new..We are a great community on here and we keep everyone very motivated..........I also keep all my bag in my car.......even though I work 12 hour shifts and drive an hour to and from work, there are still days I hit the gym afterwards.........I like going at that time because its very quiet and peaceful and you don't have to worry about waiting for the machines.............Hope everyone keeps up the great work and remember to keep moving and get that weight off!!!
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well, I've lost 3 lbs...its a start...wish it were more...but...it's more then was off two weeks ago...
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I know I posted earlier that I had lost 5 pounds as of this morning, but I got back on the scale later and it actually showed a 1.2 pound loss from what it was before! I hoped on there again just to make sure it was right, it was! So now...

SW: 201.8
    CW: 195.6

That makes me down 6.2 pounds since I started this challenge! 3.8 more to go! I just had to share, as I was so excited to see the scale show a number I haven't seen in so long! :bigsmile:
  • mtmuniz
    mtmuniz Posts: 1
    Options
    Soooo would love to lose that by then, heading to Vegas on the 25th with the girls only and unfortunately I'm going with two friends that just had babies and don't even look like it. You would think I carried those darn kids for them. LOL I'm in so good luck to all of us:)
  • iwanttb125
    Options
    I'm kind of new to the site - i"ve joined then didn't log on for awhile. Would love to join your challenge, I really need to lose 10 lbs. and more. My doc is talking about diabetes. I weighed today at 143

.140405.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • teresa011
    teresa011 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello all, well I weighed in this morning and i'm down another pound......it feels great, so I need to lose 6 more by the end of the month........Took time off from the gym today as I wasn't feeling well this am, but now I feel guilty.........haha maybe i'll end up going there anyway to do my weights then do my Zumba DVD's when I get home.......haha, You are all doing great and for those that just started welcome to a new beginning of your life........Enjoy!!