how much is your Christmas weight gain

Options

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    nearly 6 lbs, but as it went on in 4 days I reckon it should come off nearly as quickly, hope so any way
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Luckily the battery in my scale is dead so i am not sure. But I know with being sick, not exercising, holidays and tom its up..... Getting a new battery today and will start back to my weekly weigh ins. Also I started back exercising and working on my food intake
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Gained 1lb, I was very surprised cause I ate a lot and did not log at all.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    ive lost...yay :smile:
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.8lbs (stayed away from almost all of the sweets, but had to enjoy the pumpkin pie) :smile:
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I've actually lost 2 pounds. This year I decided to cook for myself and it's amazing how much control you have when you do it yourself. And I made buckeyes, gingerbread cookies, pot roast, apple pie, pineapple upside cake, deviled eggs, etc. And stayed within my daily calories. Probably because I was so busy cooking, I didn't eat breakfast.

ETA: I also went to the gym on Christmas Eve and on Wednesday so that probably had something to do with it too.
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I gained 5.1 pounds over the holidays, but I am right back on track since 12/26. According to a peek at my scale I am already down about 2.5 pounds, but I am not planning to weigh in until Jan 1st. Hopefully by then I will end up even! :flowerforyou:
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I was 15 pounds heavier.....OUCH!
    I enjoyed the holidays and regret NOTHING! This was week one, so it's back to work.
    :frown:
    My belly went from 36 to 41 inches, and my weight ballooned from 190 to 205.
    In just 3 days I am down 8 pounds of bloat with 2 inches gone from the belly. Now comes the hard part of just one pound of weight loss as per MFP recommendations.
    My goals each year is always to lose the holiday bloat, then push my fitness level a little bit further, and come summer...ENJOY!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Had a good time and lost 2 pounds!
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    about 4 lbs, but not sure if its just bloat or not! Hopefully will back off easy when i get back on track!!!
  • monkeys_mom
    monkeys_mom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yesterday it was 4 lbs, but I checked this morning, and now it's only 2 lbs. I'm guessing a lot of it is water weight.

While I didn't follow my plan to not gain, but maintain, I'm totally fine with it. At first I was a little bummed, but I now know the tools to keep it from staying whereas before I started this, I didn't know those tools, and it would have stayed.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    My weight remained the exact same for once
  • helena260
    helena260 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3lbs! I think that's great since I've been eating a lot of goodies!!
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    My scale tipped over 201 when I weighed in when I got home. It was the wrong time of day to weigh in. I realize most of it was bloat from all the salt and little water I drank.

I weighed in this morning before the gym 197. Not great but really only 3lbs over what I was at when I left. Do not plan on indulging at New Years.. keeping it simple. Making dinner with friends and not going to drink. Okay one glass of wine.
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I gained 4 lbs from Christmas. :frown: I ate small portions, no deserts, and the only day I didnt work out was Christmas Eve, so I am really upset. I did drink a lot of wine though! I'm just upset bc I was only 2 lbs from my second goal before -- now I have 6 pds to goal :cry:
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am a South Beach Dieter and fell off of the wagon (and was drug behind and under!) since Halloween!!!
    In that time, I gained about 8 lbs.
    I generally gain 10 lbs. each year between Halloween and New Year's.
    I went back on South Beach the day after Christmas and I am going hardcore until I am at my goal weight.
  • JABGoochie
    JABGoochie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i am too scared to weight myself

i know i am the heaviest i have ever been for me

i will weigh myself after the new year before i start jillian michaels body revolution
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Lost 0.5lbs even though I've been to several parties,little exercise since thanksgiving, A lot of family staying at my house for the holidays (takeout meals), and a week long cruise the week before Christmas.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm one pound DOWN today! :happy dance:
    I didn't eat quite as much as I may have other years,
    but I DID double my calorie intake, with no exercise, for two days,
    and changed my settings to "maintenance" because there are still so many yummy left-overs in the house.

Fortunately there weren't too many sweet things in the house.
    But I did have LOTS of pork and gravy and beer :drinker:
  • misscrazO
    misscrazO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.5 lbs