how much is your Christmas weight gain

Options

Replies

• denburnett
    Options
    I gain 3 lbs , this wasn't too bad for me. I did not eat a lot of Christmas food, it was the Christmas desserts. I love sweets. I still have one cake in the house I got to get it out of my house . I ate portion of food , but ate lot of different sweet, not good at all. I thought I had gain more than 3 lbs. back on track now.
  • SuzieQ430
    SuzieQ430 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    FIVE POUNDS!!!!:angry: I shouldn't be surprised from the way I have been eating, or rather, overeating this past week. Oh, well, back on track today!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I lost 0.6 pounds. I went mildly over Christmas Eve and Christmas day, but nothing crazy. I exercised everyday, like I said I would.

I didn't feel like I deprived myself of anything.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Up a pound. Did the same thing at Thanksgiving, but that pound and two of it's buddies were gone a week later. I ate stuff on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day that I would not normally eat but still managed to keep it at around 1200 calories both days. Not blaming what I ate. I think it's water.... can't be fat because I didn't eat enough for that. Not worried about it at all.... just sort of a grumbly feeling seeing that scale tick UP instead of down no matter what the reason is. :grumble:
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Gained 2 pounds but working hard to eat up all the sweets that are left in the house and not buying anymore!!! Just kidding, I'm back on track right this very morning.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.5 pounds. It's kind of freaking me out, actually. Not that I'm not glad about it, but just sort of "wtf?" I went over by several hundred calories for four days in a row - two of those days I'm sure I was almost over 1,000. I did continue to exercise, though.

Weight loss is freaking weird.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I only gained half a lb. which isn't bad considering that I went to seven Christmas parties this month! I did skip the gym last week and feel super flabby, but just went back last night and look forward to knocking off that pesky half lb. by the end of the week!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I refuse to be a slave to a number on the scale.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I've maintained thank goodness. I limited myself to one trip through the meal line and one trip to the dessert table at each of the three locations I visited on Christmas. I also did some light exercise at home throughout the week for good measure.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    1 pound, but I hope some of it is jusr bloat from sodium/ carbs plus a week off of working out. Actually, 2 weeks ofc. Dang!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    One, but as of today, back to my regular weight. YAY!!!
  • lovemydogjake
    lovemydogjake Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    2.5 and not happy about it - that with some light exercise. grrrrrrr
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I weighed yesterday, but the last time I weighed in was two weeks ago. (I don't like to weigh in, but man this christmas I just had to see)

Looks like I only gained 2.2lbs. Can't complain as I did eat a lot of junk on Christmas eve and Christmas, although it was as healthy as I could make it. My parent's came to visit and her mantra it seemed was "Well it's Christmas." But I didn't like that thought so I tried to skip lunch if I was having a big dinner etc etc.
  • moonracer3
    Options
    Unofficially I have lost over a pound but my offcial weigh in day is Tuesday mornings. Ask me again on New Years Day and I can give you a solid answer.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    So far, 3 pounds. That's down from the initial five pound gain. I did the same thing at Thanksgiving and lost it again within a week. My calorie count has been fine, but my sodium intake has been crazy hign. It helps me a lot to be able to track my sodium, the correlation between weight gain and sodium intake is helpful to my sanity.
  • crystaltate4
    Options
    yeah i gained about 2 lbs to its the holiday we r not even at normal gain for the holiday they say the normal average weight gain is 5 lbs so we did great
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself yesterday and had put on 2.6 pounds but when I weighed myself today 1.4 of that had already come off so woohoo!! Hopefully I'll be back to where I was pre-Christmas in the next few days :smile:
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I lost two pounds. I felt like I was eating like crap this holiday season, as I didn't have as much control over my food environment with all the parties/vacations/ etc.

I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Ok, you want to talk about MESSED UP!!! I have had stomach flu since Christmas morning, the only day I've held anything down was yesterday..and I GAINED 2 lbs!!!!!! At least those pounds most of you have gained were from YUMMY FOOD!!! Grrrrrrr! I am refusing to log the gain though as I REFUSE to believe it's really a fact!
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    0lbs since last week so I was pretty happy with that!