Do u think Tebow is getting the shaft?

Options
123457»

Replies

• sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you haven't noticed the scores of other athletes (now and over the years) with scriptural references on their person, or that kneel in prayer or cross themselves on the field of play. What's happened is that the media has put this man's personal beliefs and off-field activities into the spotlight. He has not done it himself.

I'll chime in on this. Many of the players in the NFL come from poverty. People in poverty stricken areas often turn to God because they have nothing else. Kind of like the drug addict who has hit rock bottom and is 'rescued' and shown 'the light'.

Simple.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    nope.

he is not an NFL quarterback.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I wish he could give me the shaft.

you can have tebow i'll take his top heavy girlfriend...
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I think that Rex Ryan has no intentions of ever playing Tim Tebow unless he's instructed to by the GM or owner. That being the case, I hope Tim lands on a team for next season where he gets a fair chance to prove himself.

I agree.

I do think he's getting the shaft. He's not a good QB, but he seems to give it his all.

he needs to consider another position.

he doesn't have the talent to fill another position. There are far better players available.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I think that Rex Ryan has no intentions of ever playing Tim Tebow unless he's instructed to by the GM or owner. That being the case, I hope Tim lands on a team for next season where he gets a fair chance to prove himself.

I agree.

I do think he's getting the shaft. He's not a good QB, but he seems to give it his all.

he needs to consider another position.

he doesn't have the talent to fill another position. There are far better players available.

he should be taking public speaking and speech classes in the hopes he had a broadcast career since his football career is nearing the end.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    Being a life long Pats fan I can not begin to say how much I love the circus that is the NY Jets. They deserve every rotten thing that has happened to them this season Tebow is just an unfortunate "victim" of the owners arrogance and the coachs stupidity!!!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    He might be a good QB..........in the Canadian Football League.
    He has no chance in the NFL, he just can't seem to grasp the system, speed, and other intangibles that the league requires to be successful or even serviceable.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    He might be a good QB..........in the Canadian Football League.
    He has no chance in the NFL, he just can't seem to grasp the system, speed, and other intangibles that the league requires to be successful or even serviceable.

if i remember correctly he didnt do well on the wonderlic? test. so he may be limited in regards to grasping a playbook as a QB.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Being a life long Pats fan I can not begin to say how much I love the circus that is the NY Jets. They deserve every rotten thing that has happened to them this season Tebow is just an unfortunate "victim" of the owners arrogance and the coachs stupidity!!!

Bad things happening to the Jets make me laugh.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I think Tebow loves the shaft.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I think Tebow has already moved to Jacksonville.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    "Because he engages in spectacle. By doing this he has garnered some notoriety based on spectacle more than talent. This would be fine for an entertainer but he's an athlete. I could care less about people's mythological beliefs. Since they are personal it would be best if folks would generally keep those things to themselves."
    [/quote]

But don't you think that professonal sports is entertainment? Personalities and personal stories make people want to buy tickets, buy merchandise, and turn on the TV. Why do you think athletes make more money than teachers, doctors, etc with less education?
    If you think that sports is only about athleticism you're naive. It's a business and if Tebow sells tickets it's good for the NFL owners and players. Doesn't matter what you think of him (although I see you "could care less "so maybe you do care a ltittle bit?)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

he should be taking public speaking and speech classes in the hopes he had a broadcast career since his football career is nearing the end.
    [/quote]

NO!!!!!!!
    Jesse Palmer has convinced me the last thing the world needs is another former UF player broadcaster.