First day of 2013!! What was your first workout?!!

Options
I rocked it on my treadmill at 6.5! Just upped it yesterday from 6.0, previously my fastest ;-)

What about you!?!!

Replies

• maryanneral
    Options
    I rocked out my very first Zumba Class for an hour! It was fun and intense and I overcame some fears before I walked in the door!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Took my first outside run, having only ever done the treadmill before... boy, now I realise how immensely easy the treadmill is in comparison, I was soaked after just 15 minutes outside, yet can manage 40 minutes at 10-12km/hr on the treadmill and hours on my bike (even with hills).
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    None yet. The Y is closed today. Tomorrow evening I will be working out.
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My gym was closed today, but my hubby and I were out running within 20 minutes of getting out of bed! And the best part? It was raining. The entire way (except for the first 2 minutes, of course -- just enough time to get away from the house).

But it was still fun, and I loved starting out the year with a run.
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I did the Emerald Run at midnight in Central Park so a 4 mile run was my first workout of the year.
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Started off 2013 with a Tae Bo Advanced DVD, put on 3 lbs over the holidays and it's got to go!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    2 miles on my treadmill at 6.5 to complete the Runner's World holiday run streak (run at least 1 mile every day from thanksgiving through new years day). The last week of it was particularly difficult to get through as I came down with a cold on xmas day. But I did it so yay me!
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I chopped wood for 30 minutes with only one short break. A huge improvement from last year for me so I am very excited.
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Am down with a cold and not able to exercise today. I usually go to the senior rec center and work out for 45minutes to an hour on treadmill and weight machines. Can't wait to get well and get back to the routine!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Did 100 lunges, 100 jumping jacks and a plank for 2 minutes
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Really wanted to get 2013 off to a flying start and am frustrated that I can't do more - seeing so many others posting about what they have done and their plans for the future etc, but I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago and the gym was shut today so I was limited. I only managed a 260 calorie burn in 30 minutes on the stationary bike and a 30 minute dog walk :(
  • kmorganlfc
    kmorganlfc Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    10 mile gentle run.
  • RogueViper101
    Options
    Did 20 min HIIT on the elliptical trainer and burnt 341 calories.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    EASY morning. Just a moderate-pace walk around the block (20 min.). I have an injured foot, but want to get back to running. I figure that I will never run if I don't start walking. I will not make the mistake of diving in full force again (injuring again). So, this little walk is the beginning. I'll have to see how my foot is by the end of the day. I have to be patient.

Happy New Year!
  • diettodiva
    Options
    I did an insanity workout and Spinning class
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    5 5 minute intervals at 6.0 on the treadmill with 2 minute rests in between
  • moneypenny50
    moneypenny50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Morning 2 mile walk. No gym today. Regular classes cancelled.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    got my first day of C25K done on the treadmill
  • mikencherie
    Options
    I'll get 2 workouts in today at Planet Fitness. I did 35 min on circuit(recorded it as 25 min) and I'll do 40-45 min on eliptical later.
  • SnappinSami
    SnappinSami Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A 30 minute ride on the stationary bike. Watching Homeland makes the time just fly by! :)