• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    La riche Directions hair dyes
    Organix Moroccan oil and shampoos
    Nude by Nature foundation and bronzer
    GEL EYELINER CHANGED MY LIFE Y'ALL
    Napoleon Perdis makes great lip colour and primer

I have been considering trying the Organix Moroccan Oil. How does it work on your hair?

It's fantastic. I rub a little on my ends before styling and whenever it's looking a bit dry, it works perfectly and smells fantastic. Their Keratin straightening treatment is also amazing
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    If onl my eyebrows and eye makeup looked like Mutant's does!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Just added the oil to my Amazon wishlist!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Mary Kay gets alot of hate? From whom? I never hear that in my neck of the woods...

I have some makeup artist friends and they would rail against it. It could just be them.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    ^ thank you - both done with gel eyeliner and a lot of trial and error. I'm actually really terrible at anything requiring finesse
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Has anyone tried hair chalk?

My ends will be blonde soon, was thinking of buying some to perdy up my hair every now and then
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Love Urban Decay too, i have 2 of the Volume 2 pallettes lol. 1 at mine and 1 at my boyfriends as its too big to carry about.
    Its totally worth the money as it lasts for ages.
    I have a hard time finding good mascara though :(
  • hearthemelody
    Options
    Has anyone tried hair chalk?

My ends will be blonde soon, was thinking of buying some to perdy up my hair every now and then

I read that it dries out your hair so bad that it is almost impossible to comb through anymore.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Love Mary Kay (used to sell it) but now I'm an Avon rep, and so I use Avon pretty much exclusively. Love makeup and hair products. My bathroom is ridiculous.
  • hearthemelody
    Options
    Love Urban Decay too, i have 2 of the Volume 2 pallettes lol. 1 at mine and 1 at my boyfriends as its too big to carry about.
    Its totally worth the money as it lasts for ages.
    I have a hard time finding good mascara though :(

I use Full n Soft by Maybelline. Not expensive, and doesn't crumble or smear!
  • bpauntie
    bpauntie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Goodness, I wasn't planning to participate in any forum discussions, but talk about makeup will get me. I am also a makeup JUNKIE. I think I have more than any woman could ever use. I've tried so many brands and have now settled on Tarte and Benefit. But I also have a stock of Bobbi Brown, some Smashbox, Dior, Bare Escentuals, Lancome, Clinique, Stila, Fresh.. and a partridge in a pear tree. Lipsticks and lip glosses seem to be my kryptonite. Sephora is my candy store. Just recently hit the VIB status because I buy so much, but I love the free gifties and deals that come along with it.
  • bpauntie
    Options
    Used to be a MK rep myself. It helped me clear up a lifetime of bad skin, but they started changing formulas on the cosmetics, so I stopped because I no longer liked it. The skincare is great, but now I think the makeup is crap.
  • hearthemelody
    Options
    Goodness, I wasn't planning to participate in any forum discussions, but talk about makeup will get me. I am also a makeup JUNKIE. I think I have more than any woman could ever use. I've tried so many brands and have now settled on Tarte and Benefit. But I also have a stock of Bobbi Brown, some Smashbox, Dior, Bare Escentuals, Lancome, Clinique, Stila, Fresh.. and a partridge in a pear tree. Lipsticks and lip glosses seem to be my kryptonite. Sephora is my candy store. Just recently hit the VIB status because I buy so much, but I love the free gifties and deals that come along with it.

Hey, you know, if you want to get rid of any of that stuff to clear out some room, I can always give you my shipping address...:flowerforyou:
  • plaingirly
    Options
    Tempted to order some Bobbi Brown makeup as I am reading her book called Pretty Powerful. The looks in there are amazing! I don't technically NEED any more makeup though. x
  • hearthemelody
    Options
    Tempted to order some Bobbi Brown makeup as I am reading her book called Pretty Powerful. The looks in there are amazing! I don't technically NEED any more makeup though. x

Woah wait. Need? When does NEED apply to makeup??
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    *walks in*

*walks out*

(Disclaimer: Pen is a girl and likes makeup but doesn't understand any of this conversation)
  • Mary Kay gets alot of hate? From whom? I never hear that in my neck of the woods...

I have some makeup artist friends and they would rail against it. It could just be them.

My sister used to sell Mary Kay. She stopped, and had a whole bunch of leftover stuff that was never going to get used, so I pretty much took all of it. I mostly just use it to practice new stuff with, but every time I've ever helped a boy get into a drag, I have used my Mary Kay makeup just because I have so many different shades of foundation, which I use for highlighting and contouring, and overall, it works pretty well, so I can't hate it. I don't love it, but it works, and if it works, I like it.
  • bpauntie
    Options

Woah wait. Need? When does NEED apply to makeup??

Never.
  • bpauntie
    Options
    Thanks to this thread, I just went online and ordered Naked2 and Smashbox photo finsh primer from Sephora. My name is Patti, and I'm a makeup junkie.

Going to look into the Naked myself. :-)
  • teampugador
    Options
    My roommate is a cosmetics consultant at Macys so I get to try new stuff all the time :happy:

I love Benefit products for primer, foundation and blush, and Urban Decay is my favorite for eyes. I don't know what I would do without Primer Potion, Perversion Eye Liner and Smoked Palette.

I spend wayyy too much on makeup! lol